Home Forums Television 2020 Golden Globes TV (Predictions Center Active)

2020 Golden Globes TV (Predictions Center Active)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 499 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
3 days ago
replies
views
users
Stegeo
ginnala
Luca Giliberti
  • Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Steve Carell is supporting, but I do not understand putting him as such from a strategic standpoint. Billy Crudup is becoming a solid contender there with his superior reviews. This also seemed like one of those times when you take advantage of all of the extra slots in lead at the Globes. Carell did it himself two years ago with Battle of the Sexes, being nominated in supporting at SAG, but comedy lead at the Globes.

Did they also send you Servant?

I have eight of the ten episodes.

wolfali
    Participant
    Topics:

Meryl, Arquette and HBC are locks. Dern is a strong possibility. That last spot is up in the air for multiple possibilities.

I agree. I  currently have Emma Thompson because I feel that even though Years and Years may not get into Limited Series, I don’t see Arquette as being the sole Limited Series actress nominated.

FYC GG : The Crown, Jodie Comer ("Killing Eve"), The Politician, Years and Years, Maura Tierney ("The Affair"), Russell Tovey ("Years and Years")
    FYC CC : His Dark Materials, Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials"), Jodie Comer ("Killing Eve"), Russell Tovey ("Years and Years")
    FY SAG : The Crown, The Politician, Years and Years
    FYC BAFTA : His Dark Materials, Years and Years

mariogomez
    Participant
    Topics:

Billy Crudup is magnificent in The Morning Show but i don´t think is the kind of performance Globe voters nominee, neither Carrel (he overacts all the time in the show). This year the supporting actor race is the most difficult to predict.

Matthew anzalone
    Participant
    Topics:

Billy Crudup is magnificent in The Morning Show but i don´t think is the kind of performance Globe voters nominee, neither Carrel (he overacts all the time in the show). This year the supporting actor race is the most difficult to predict.

Its so empty. Who knows what they are gonna do. Stellen Skarsgard (Chernobyl) is the only one I feel like is getting in for sure.

sofan
    Participant
    Topics:

S. Actress 

• Arquette
    • HBC
    • Lange
    • Streep
    • Watts

Dern could replace Lange or Watts.

S. Actor 

• Clooney
    • Culkin
    • O’Connor
    • Scott
    • Skarsgard

Anyone can replace anyone tbh.

Ivo Stoyanov
    Participant
    Topics:

Its so empty. Who knows what they are gonna do. Stellen Skarsgard (Chernobyl) is the only one I feel like is getting in for sure.

It is not. The issue is that they LOVE to drop all shows and all nominees (everything with more than two seasons is old for them), they also hate to nominate comedy actors, here you have FOUR examples of an incredibly strong contenders:

1. Bradley Whitford, Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, Dacre Montgomery, Anthony Carrigan and Tony Shalhoub.
    2. Joseph Fiennes, Stephen Root, Stellan Skarsgård, David Harbour and Alfie Allen (with will be fun to see him nominated along with Harbour since he is dating his sister now).
    3. Andrew Scott, Matthew Macfadyen, Kieran Culkin, Michael K. Williams and Justin Hartley.
    4. Asante Blackk, Chris Sullivan, Tony Hale, Calum Worthy and BD Wong.

And I can keep going on, those are possible contenders that I have personally seen and can confirm their quality (with the exception of some of the comedy nominees, but I am sure that they are good due to the praise that they have been getting everywhere), they are others that no one have seen, stop calling this category empty, it is ridiculous. If it is empty is due to the Globes not really enjoying TV.

Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Meryl Streep is getting nominated and Laura Dern was better than her in the same show, so I consider both of them to be safe.

Lance
    Participant
    Topics:

I feel like Dern will get in both the film and TV Supp. Actress catergories, and I feel that she will win the film side not the TV one. I believe either Meryl or HBC will win. Maybe HBC will win, if there are multiple BLL ladies nominations in the category. Just a theory🤷🏻‍♂️

smellycat
    Participant
    Topics:

Who do people have for supporting actor?

Matthew Macfadyen is soooo good in Succession. He’s also British which I hope might help him. Hope he gets up.

Trevor
    Participant
    Topics:

How is Penn Badgley eligible for “You?”

It was released between Sept. – Nov. 2018 on Lifetime and a release date hasn’t been announced for the second season on Netflix.

Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:

A specific date has not been announced, but Netflix still intends to release it in 2019.

mariogomez
    Participant
    Topics:

I have a feeling Arquette , Bonham Carter, Dern and Streep are locks.

The fifht slot is an enigma . 4 strong possibilities: Watson, Dever, Thompson and Smart. For now , i have Thompson, but maybe change it por Dever.

Trevor
    Participant
    Topics:

Got it. I remember reading rumors about a Dec. 26 release, but that’s obviously after the Nov. 25 nomination submission deadline and Dec. 9 nomination announcement.

I know the HFPA will get stuff ahead of time, but no release date makes me curious.

Lance
    Participant
    Topics:

Matthew Macfadyen is soooo good in Succession. He’s also British which I hope might help him. Hope he gets up.

I think he is great, but I see no chance of him getting in. Culken will get in before Macfadyen.

ginnala
    Participant
    Topics:

That new Showtime comedy Back to Life should be added to the prediction center.

Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 499 total)

The topic ‘2020 Golden Globes TV (Predictions Center Active)’ is closed to new replies.