Home Forums Television 2020 Golden Globes TV (Predictions Center Active)

2020 Golden Globes TV (Predictions Center Active)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 498 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Stegeo
ginnala
Luca Giliberti
  • puck05
    Participant
    Topics:

Ricky Gervais is hosting.

Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

Omg!! Yay! I’m actually looking forward to it. Does that mean he’s getting in for After Life despite Emmy snub? Ugh, predicting this year’s TV side is getting more and more complicated.

Daniel Motta
    Participant
    Topics:

Do you guys think this means he gets for After Life? Personally I don’t. I don’t think many voters are going to be raving over this quiet under-the-radar comedy. Plus we already have Ben Platt, Paul Rudd, and Michael Douglas to represent Netflix on this category. I doubt there will be four nominees from the same platform.

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 3 days ago by  Daniel Motta.
    puck05
    Participant
    Topics:

Ricky Gervais deserves more than Paul Rudd to be nominated but voters will likely choose Rudd. Living With Yourself wasn’t good at all.

EsOS
    Spectator
    Topics:

Lmao can’t believe they are letting him back.

Banned for making a fake movie poster

Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

Ricky Gervais deserves more than Paul Rudd to be nominated but voters will likely choose Rudd. Living With Yourself wasn’t good at all.

I think Rudd could be the Emma Stone here. A show they did not really like, and a performance not really undeniable. So he may not get nominated after all.

Marcus Snowden (The Artist Formerly Known as msnowden1)
    Participant
    Topics:

I was lowkey hoping for PWB, but I’m more than fine with Ricky Gervais. He makes the Golden Globes more fun, honestly.

boss
    Participant
    Topics:

I think Don Cheadle is safe as well, especially after that Emmy nomination. HFPA has been really forcing to recognize Showtime after almost completely snubbing them a couple years ago that they nominated Jim Carrey and Frankie Shaw which were complete nonstarters at other awards. They even brought back William H. Macy.

ginnala
    Spectator
    Topics:

Yeah I don’t understand the Paul Rudd confidence his show literally made no noise.

Eden
    Participant
    Topics:

Gervais roasting people at the Globes should be an annual thing. Very excited!

forwardswill
    Participant
    Topics:

Hope he returns to the form he had when he first hosted. He was utter crap last time. I was also really hoping for Waller-Bridge.

jacob121
    Participant
    Topics:

This basically indicates to me that they couldn’t get anyone else.

Hosting a big awards show used to be a point of prestige and now it’s toxic.

Eden
    Participant
    Topics:

They probably hired him because of ratings.

Daniel Motta
    Participant
    Topics:

Do you guys REALLY think Ted Danson is getting in for The Good Place? It baffles me that almost every expert and editor is predicting him. They already passed on him twice and season 3 is not that good. His character isn’t getting any special new treatment or anything. If anything, he’s basically playing a mindless caricature. Thoughts?

Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

Do you guys REALLY think Ted Danson is getting in for The Good Place? It baffles me that almost every expert and editor is predicting him. They already passed on him twice and season 3 is not that good. His character isn’t getting any special new treatment or anything. If anything, he’s basically playing a mindless caricature. Thoughts?

Yeh, he’s not happening lol. It’s just for everyone the safe bets are Hader and Douglas and then it’s a mess, you don’t really know who to predict so I guess most people went with the next biggest name that was Emmy-nominated.

Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 498 total)

The topic ‘2020 Golden Globes TV (Predictions Center Active)’ is closed to new replies.