Home Forums Television 2020 Golden Globes TV (Predictions Center Active)

2020 Golden Globes TV (Predictions Center Active)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 498 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Stegeo
ginnala
Luca Giliberti
  • puck05
    Participant
    Topics:

Paltrow racing in lead category would be a fraud.

Ivo Stoyanov
    Participant
    Topics:

I haven’t saw The Politician yet, but those frauds are typical for the awards. According to everybody, she is the MVP of the show, she would have been an easy nomination in Lead, in supporting there is a 0% chance, Globes hate comedy nominees there and the competence is ENORMOUS.

boss
    Participant
    Topics:

I would LOVE for it to be Collette as I found nothing about Watson’s performance to be all that special (sorry but not sorry). Collette, on the other hand, was riveting.

That’s actually why I don’t want to predict her. The fact that Chernobyl lost the acting races at the Emmys, despite the absence of a potential vote split, while winning both writing and directing shows that people who watched it are aware that performances are not that good. Due to how weak lead and supporting actor are I have both Harris and Skarsgard getting in easily, and that might be enough for Chernobyl. Watson is still a huge possibility though.

Jays
    Participant
    Topics:

That’s actually why I don’t want to predict her. The fact that Chernobyl lost the acting races at the Emmys, despite the absence of a potential vote split, while winning both writing and directing shows that people who watched it are aware that performances are not that good. Due to how weak lead and supporting actor are I have both Harris and Skarsgard getting in easily, and that might be enough for Chernobyl. Watson is still a huge possibility though.

But the actors from Chernobyl didn’t lose to anyone that overcame vote splitting? In fact, they lost to people they were supposed to/predicted to lose to. Watson was never happening over Clarkson or Arquette, despite a lot of people around here claiming she was winning. That was weird lol, because she just clearly wasn’t. Skarsgard felt like a possible winner but cases could have been made for anyone in that category, and ultimately it went to someone who swept. Harris was the only one who truly had a big chance going in to the Emmy’s and he lost out on a performance that many people were passionate about. Chernobyl was never gonna sweep all the awards (specifically the acting awards), so them losing doesn’t mean people that the performances were just okay.

Jays
    Participant
    Topics:

I haven’t saw The Politician yet, but those frauds are typical for the awards. According to everybody, she is the MVP of the show, she would have been an easy nomination in Lead, in supporting there is a 0% chance, Globes hate comedy nominees there and the competence is ENORMOUS.

Lol. If you haven’t even seen the show I would refrain from commenting because Paltrow is about as supporting as you could get in The Politician.

boss
    Participant
    Topics:

I am still predicting Truth Be Told and Octavia Spencer. These voters nominated The Alienist, The Sinner, and Top of the Lake: China Girl quite recently. They must be really liking that genre and none of them were critical favorites.

Also HFPA has been welcoming towards new platforms more than any other awards. Netflix did great with House of Cards and Orange is the New Black. Amazon Prime’s Transparent really built buzz with its Golden Globe wins. They recognized Hulu first with Casual. They even nominated EPIX’s Graves, a show no one has watched. Therefore I expect Apple Tv+ to do well, especially given that it is the first platform to have contenders from all three categories; offering voters to spread acknowledgement.

musterd
    Participant
    Topics:

What.

(To elaborate, the winner in Lead made sense because the Acting branch was extremely passionate about WTSU (hence being responsible for half its nomination count. The winner in Supporting was the Golden Globe winner.)

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by  musterd.
    • This reply was modified 1 month ago by  musterd.
    Jays
    Participant
    Topics:

I am still predicting Truth Be Told and Octavia Spencer. These voters nominated The Alienist, The Sinner, and Top of the Lake: China Girl quite recently. They must be really liking that genre and none of them were critical favorites. Also HFPA has been welcoming towards new platforms more than any other awards. Netflix did great with House of Cards and Orange is the New Black. Amazon Prime’s Transparent really built buzz with its Golden Globe wins. They recognized Hulu first with Casual. They even nominated EPIX’s Graves, a show no one has watched. Therefore I expect Apple Tv+ to do well, especially given that it is the first platform to have contenders from all three categories; offering voters to spread acknowledgement.

The Sinner and Top of the Lake were both critically acclaimed, The Alienist is the only one that had mixed reviews. But also, the competition for those shows in those years aren’t as strong as the competition in limited series nowadays.

Chernobyl, When They See Us, Unbelievable and Fosse/Verdon would be well ahead of Truth Be Told if reviews aren’t good. Then there’s The Act, El Camino, and Years and Years that would probably be ahead of it too if it’s not good like the rumors say.

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by  Jays.
    • This reply was modified 1 month ago by  Jays.
    Ivo Stoyanov
    Participant
    Topics:

Lol. If you haven’t even seen the show I would refrain from commenting because Paltrow is about as supporting as you could get in The Politician.

I always clarify what Have I watched, everybody knows that I am not into comedies. And again, I do not care if Paltrow is Supporting or Lead, she is is going to be snubbed now, she can make it only if that is their favorite comedy this year.

Due to how weak lead and supporting actor are I have both Harris and Skarsgard getting in easily, and that might be enough for Chernobyl.

None of them are weak. All three of them lost, because Chernobyl is an action driven show, not a characters driven one. They roles lack nuances and layers, but they are not weak at all.

Also HFPA has been welcoming towards new platforms more than any other awards.

They will cover Apple with The Morning Show.

Jays
    Participant
    Topics:

Lmao well if she’s snubbed then she’s snubbed. She’s supporting in the show. Deal with it.

Tyler
    Participant
    Topics:

The fact that Chernobyl lost the acting races at the Emmys, despite the absence of a potential vote split, while winning both writing and directing shows that people who watched it are aware that performances are not that good.

Ok- just to fix THIS innacuracy, not having a ton to do/having a quiet role does not mean not good. I thought Watson was great with what she was given but what she was given was not a ton. It makes sense Arquette beat her, but not because Watson was unskillful in her acting. Harris would’ve been a great winner but I’m happy Jerome won.

Ivo Stoyanov
    Participant
    Topics:

Lmao well if she’s snubbed then she’s snubbed. She’s supporting in the show. Deal with it.

I haven’t seen her, so I have nothing to deal with, I couldn’t care less. You don’t need to be that childish. I am commenting on Netflix strategies and their lack of logic. But okay, you can keep thinking that they change her just to be fair…

EsOS
    Spectator
    Topics:

. I am commenting on Netflix strategies and their lack of logic.

There is logic in submitting a supporting role in the supporting category though.

Banned for making a fake movie poster

Ivo Stoyanov
    Participant
    Topics:

There is logic in submitting a supporting role in the supporting category though.

Of course there is, but not when you do not hide how much you want to win/to be nominated for awards.

• This reply was modified 4 weeks, 1 day ago by  Ivo Stoyanov.
    • This reply was modified 4 weeks, 1 day ago by  Ivo Stoyanov.
    ginnala
    Spectator
    Topics:

Major long shot in supporting actress but what about Ruth Wilson? She is praised, she is a previous GG winner, UK actress from an UK show that delivered the biggest debut for a UK drama in years. Considering the GG are buzz driven, I think it’s possible? Thoughts?

Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 498 total)

The topic ‘2020 Golden Globes TV (Predictions Center Active)’ is closed to new replies.