Home Forums Television 2020 Golden Globes TV (Predictions Center Active)

2020 Golden Globes TV (Predictions Center Active)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 498 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Stegeo
ginnala
Luca Giliberti
  • José
    Participant
    Topics:

Here are my predictions for the next Golden Globes :

Drama Series
    Game of Thrones
    Succession
    The Crown
    Big Little Lies
    Killing Eve

TV Drama Actor
    Billy Porter, Pose
    Brian Cox, Succession
    Tobias Menzies, The Crown
    Kevin Bacon, City on a Hill
    Liev Schreiber, Ray Donovan

TV Drama Actress
    Olivia Colman, The Crown
    Jodie Comer, Killing Eve
    Sandra Oh, Killing Eve
    Nicole Kidman, Big Little Lies
    Jennifer Aniston, The Morning Show

Comedy Series
    Fleabag
    The Politician
    The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel
    Barry
    Veep

TV Comedy Actor
    Michael Douglas, The Kominsky Method
    Bill Hader, Barry
    Ben Platt, The Politician
    Paul Rudd, Living with Yourself
    Ricky Gervais, After Life

TV Comedy Actress
    Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Veep
    Rachel Brosnahan, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel
    Phoebe Waller-Bridge, Fleabag
    Kirsten Dunst, On Becoming a God in Central Florida
    Natasha Lyonne, Russian Doll

TV Movie/Limited Series
    Chernobyl
    When They See Us
    Fosse/Verdon
    The Act
    Unbelievable

TV Movie/Limited Series Actor
    Jharrel Jerome, When They See Us
    Jared Harris, Chernobyl
    Sam Rockwell, Fosse/Verdon
    Russell Crowe, The Loudest Voice
    Sacha Baron Cohen, The Spy

TV Movie/Limited Series Actress
    Michelle Williams, Fosse/Verdon
    Helen Mirren, Catherine the Great
    Joey King, The Act
    Niecy Nash, When They See Us
    Merritt Wever, Unbelievable

TV Supporting Actor
    Peter Dinklage, Game of Thrones
    Andrew Scott, Fleabag
    Stellan Skarsgard, Chernobyl
    Tony Shalhoub, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel
    Kieran Culkin, Succession

TV Supporting Actress
    Meryl Streep, Big Little Lies
    Helena Bonham Carter, The Crown
    Laura Dern, Big Little Lies
    Patricia Arquette, The Act
    Emily Watson, Chernobyl

Gabarnes43
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m not predicting her but I think Helen Hunt could get in. They nominated both Debra Messing and Candice Bergen last year for reboots.

FYC Golden Globes- Fleabag, The Crown, Olivia Colman, Jennifer Aniston

FYC Oscars- Maggie Smith, Charlize Theron, Brad Pitt, Adam Driver

FYC Emmys- Schitts Creek, The Crown, Years and Years

Matthew anzalone
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m not predicting her but I think Helen Hunt could get in. They nominated both Debra Messing and Candice Bergen last year for reboots.

Im predicting hunt (it seems like a typical globes move to me) but she has no chance of winning.

Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Some takes that I did not have time to mention in the slugfest that is coming soon:

– Big Little Lies is getting nominated for best drama.  It is not that I really believe in its chances, but working backward, it cannot miss.  We know that it is getting Meryl Streep.  Laura Dern was better than her, is in the same category and is a huge Globe favourite in her own right, so she is safe too.  And if the show is strong enough to get multiple nominations in the same category, how would it not be able to get Nicole Kidman?  Then the show has to get into series because nothing ever gets three acting nominations and somehow manages to miss series.  It is not even that far-fetched that it would get nominated again, seeing as it won four awards last time out of six nominations, not to mention that the Globes nominated China Girl.

– I saw Godfather of Harlem FYC ads on Deadline, so I suppose that I should swap out Liev Schreiber for Forest Whitaker.

– Zendaya is a classic nominee, but I think that there is just not space.  It is like the movie/limited lead actress category at the Emmys.  There is sometimes room for a bunch of name-checks for people in shows with no other nominations and there is sometimes not at all.

– Barry is not getting nominated for series and Bill Hader is not winning.  The Globes do not care about it or they would have awarded him.  Besides, the Emmys confirmed that it is Atlanta 2.0 and what happened to Atlanta at the Globes?  Despite a better season, it fell out of series for its second season.

– Schitt’s Creek might be nominated, but I feel like the Globes would have found it on their own if it was going to get nominated, like how they found The Good Place last year before the Emmys could.  Critics’ Choice, TCA and the Emmys all found Schitt’s Creek last season, so I am taking its Globes omission last time as a rejection.

– That last limited slot is indeed tricky.  I am going with True Detective.  Its Emmy nominations suggest that visibility was high and again, they nominated China Girl.

– Russell Crowe is not getting nominated because The Loudest Voice is getting totally overshadowed by Bombshell just like All the Money in the World totally overshadowed Trust.

puck05
    Participant
    Topics:

I’ve seen tons of On Becoming a God in Central Florida FYC ads on this site and I feel like it may take the spot of Kidding. Dunst is definitely a lock and personally comes second after PWB.

Lance
    Participant
    Topics:

I think Zendaya will get in. She follows suit for the younger actresses that get in like Katherine Langford for 13 Reasons Why. They both have shows that are teen oriented and pushed the envelope content wise

boss
    Participant
    Topics:

– That last limited slot is indeed tricky.  I am going with True Detective.  Its Emmy nominations suggest that visibility was high and again, they nominated China Girl. – Russell Crowe is not getting nominated because The Loudest Voice is getting totally overshadowed by Bombshell just like All the Money in the World totally overshadowed Trust.

I think China Girl benefited from a fall timeslot. I would also say that True Detective would be a player for limited series if it had premiered after Emmys. If Truth Be Told is indeed bad I think Years and Years can take that last spot.

Trust had competed in drama and was a complete nonstarter for awards once it didn’t have any critical acclaim. The Loudest Voice also does not have any critical reception that would help it but I think there is a consensus that Russell Crowe is awards worthy. Lead actor category is also a bit weak in terms of competition.

Rachel
    Participant
    Topics:

Here are my predictions for the next Golden Globes : Drama Series Game of Thrones Succession The Crown Big Little Lies Killing Eve

I don’t see Game of Thrones getting in for Series. I think the Emmys was their first and last award show for the season.

Lance
    Participant
    Topics:

<p style=”text-align: left;”>

I don’t see Game of Thrones getting in for Series. I think the Emmys was their first and last award show for the season.

I think it will only be nominated for the reason it is the final season. I honestly could see it winning. I think Thrones, The Crown, Succession and The Morning Show all have reasons to win. It will be interesting to see the campaigns play out.

</p>

Matthew anzalone
    Participant
    Topics:

Current predictions

Best actress limited series

Helen mirren (catherine the great)
    Niecy nash (when they see us)
    Merriett Wever (unbelievable)
    Michelle williams (fosse-verdon)
    Renee zellweger (what if)

Best actor limited series

Sasha baron cohen (the spy)
    Russell crowe (the loudest voice)
    Jarred harris (chernoybe)
    Jerell jerome (when they see us)
    Sam rockwell (fosse-verdon)

Best limited series

Chernoybe
    Fosse-verdon
    The loudest voice
    Unbelievable
    When they see us

Best actress musical or comedy

Rachel bronsahahn (the marvelous mrs maisel)
    Helen hunt (mad about you)
    Natasha lyonne (russian doll)
    Halie steinfeld (dickinson)
    Phoebe waller-bridge (fleabag)

Best actor musical or comedy

Don cheatle (black monday)
    Bill hader (barry)
    Ben platt (the politician)
    Paul rudd (living with yourself)
    Ramy yosseff (ramy)

Best series musical or comedy

Dickinson
    Fleabag
    The politician
    Ramy
    Russian doll

Best actress drama

Jennifer aniston (the morning show)
    Olivia colman (the crown)
    Jodie comer (killing eve)
    Nicole kidman (big little lies)
    Zendaya (euphoria)

Best actor drama

Kevin bacon (city on a hill)
    Brian cox (succession)
    Tobias menzies (the crown)
    Billy porter (pose)
    Forest whitaker (godfather of harlem)

Best series drama

Big little lies
    The crown
    The morning show
    Pose
    Succession

Best supporting actress

Helena bonhan carter (the crown)
    Olivia colman (fleabag)
    Laura dern (big little lies)
    Indya moore (pose)
    Meryl streep (big little lies)

Best supporting actor

Steve carrell (the morning show)
    Kieran culkin (succession)
    Andrew scott (fleabag)
    Stellen skarsgard (chernoybe)
    Michael keith williams (when they see us)

José
    Participant
    Topics:

I disagree. “Game of Thrones” easily can be nominated since it’s the final season and HFPA usually nominates TV shows for their last season. Plus, the last four seasons got nominated at the Globes. I can even see it winning. Don’t forget HFPA doesn’t really care about critical receptions.

Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

They don’t nominate final seasons, unless they genuinely like a show. Are you referring to The Americans? I feel like its win was for rewarding the whole show after ignoring it for years. And it also had a stellar season. I think GoT could get in but it won’t have a fighting chance for the win. It’s not just critical reception. Almost all of the audience despised the final season.

José
    Participant
    Topics:

They don’t nominate final seasons, unless they genuinely like a show. Are you referring to The Americans? I feel like its win was for rewarding the whole show after ignoring it for years. And it also had a stellar season. I think GoT could get in but it won’t have a fighting chance for the win. It’s not just critical reception. Almost all of the audience despised the final season.

But how can we know what they really like ? I mean “Breaking Bad” has only won Golden Globes for its last season. All seasons were not even nominated.

boss
    Participant
    Topics:

I see that many users are not predicting Stranger Things. I’m aware that sometimes HFPA drop shows for no reason but Stranger Things really had a stellar third season.

Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

But how can we know what they really like ? I mean “Breaking Bad” has only won Golden Globes for its last season. All seasons were not even nominated.

The Americans treatment.

I see that many users are not predicting Stranger Things. I’m aware that sometimes HFPA drop shows for no reason but Stranger Things really had a stellar third season.

Exactly. Stranger Things is definitely a possibility. Stronger than Killing Eve and Pose imo.

Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 498 total)

The topic ‘2020 Golden Globes TV (Predictions Center Active)’ is closed to new replies.