Home Forums Television 2020 Golden Globes TV (Predictions Center Active)

2020 Golden Globes TV (Predictions Center Active)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 496 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
ginnala
Luca Giliberti
forwardswill
  • Ivo Stoyanov
    Participant
    Topics:

Game of Thrones and Veep are going to be completely snubbed, Globe’s voters hate them, they love humiliating them, the Emmys treated them really badly, so this is the perfect opportunity for the Globes to gave their “final slap in the face”.

And if they decide to nominate some performer from GoT, it is not going to be Peter Dinklage. I bet that they agree that he is overrated, they will go for a more exciting option (Clarke, Williams, Christie, Allen, Waldau).

Tyler
    Participant
    Topics:

Looking back at the Golden Globe Drama series winners from the past decade and to my surprise they’re all…pretty damn great choices. I knew the HFPA had a reputation for wacky choices specifically in the TV categories, but I guess that is more of a comedy thing. Between the taste they’ve shown in the past and their indifference to GOT every year/it’s lack of a buzz boost out of Emmy night, I think The Crown is pretty safe to repeat assuming it’s as great as expected with it’s biggest competitors being Succession and The Morning Show if its good. I feel ok about Succession due to it’s critical acclaim and the HFPA apparently taking note of that with dramas, but have the Globes ever gone up on a show in it’s second season? There also hasn’t been a repeat winner in this category since Homeland in 2012, but The Crown is basically a new show at this point. None of THT, Pose, Killing Eve, Stranger Things, or BLL is winning.

The comedy series race is finished give the Globe to Phoebe now.

Rachel_Ann
    Participant
    Topics:

Why is Gentleman Jack under the Umbrella Academy in the prediction odds? Definitely should be higher.

wolfali
    Participant
    Topics:

Can you add Russell Tovey from Years and Years to the prediction centre for TV Supporting Actor, his chances seem to remind me of Ben Whishaw’s last year (but that obviously depends how well Years and Years does outside Thompson).

FYC BAFTA : Florence Pugh, Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, Greta Gerwig, Renée & Joaquin
    FYC Oscar ; Renée Zellweger, Joaquin Phoenix & Once Upon a Time in Hollywood
    FYC GD : Florence Pugh in all Categories, Wild Rose (Best Song)
    FYC BAFTA TV : Olivia Colman, Killing Eve, Russell Tovey, Years and Years
    FYC Emmys : Jodie Comer, Olivia Colman, Ruth Wilson

Kellyemm
    Participant
    Topics:

Game of Thrones and Veep are going to be completely snubbed, Globe’s voters hate them, they love humiliating them, the Emmys treated them really badly, so this is the perfect opportunity for the Globes to gave their “final slap in the face”. And if they decide to nominate some performer from GoT, it is not going to be Peter Dinklage. I bet that they agree that he is overrated, they will go for a more exciting option (Clarke, Williams, Christie, Allen, Waldau).

My checking out of about 15 HFPA member Twitter and their interview histories would suggest:

Geez, people really love the Joker..

Sacha Baron Cohen seems a very good bet this year. Pencil him in.

…And underestimate GoT cast at your peril. So much groundwork done by HBO. They seem to definitely like certain cast,

• This reply was modified 4 months, 3 weeks ago by  Kellyemm.
    • This reply was modified 4 months, 3 weeks ago by  Kellyemm.
    Matthew anzalone
    Participant
    Topics:

Can Truth be told be added to the prediction center (Spencer,  Paul, and series) as well as Ramy yosseff in comedy actor.

Gabarnes43
    Participant
    Topics:

Strong feeling that both Applegate and Cardellini will get Globe and SAG noms

FYC Oscars- Little Women, Saoirse Ronan, Joaquin Phoenix, Scarlett Johansson/Florence Pugh

FYC EMMYS- Schitts Creek, Dead to Me/ THE MORNING SHOW, Jennifer Aniston, Reese Witherspoon, Gugu Mbatha Raw, Killing Eve

Matthew anzalone
    Participant
    Topics:

Looking back at the Golden Globe Drama series winners from the past decade and to my surprise they’re all…pretty damn great choices. I knew the HFPA had a reputation for wacky choices specifically in the TV categories, but I guess that is more of a comedy thing. Between the taste they’ve shown in the past and their indifference to GOT every year/it’s lack of a buzz boost out of Emmy night, I think The Crown is pretty safe to repeat assuming it’s as great as expected with it’s biggest competitors being Succession and The Morning Show if its good. I feel ok about Succession due to it’s critical acclaim and the HFPA apparently taking note of that with dramas, but have the Globes ever gone up on a show in it’s second season? There also hasn’t been a repeat winner in this category since Homeland in 2012, but The Crown is basically a new show at this point. None of THT, Pose, Killing Eve, Stranger Things, or BLL is winning. The comedy series race is finished give the Globe to Phoebe now.

Homeland won Best series drama for season 2 in 2013. That was the last time a drama show won for its second season (It also won for season 1 in 2012). Season 1 (Nominations were Actress drama, Actor drama, and Series drama) while season 2 (Actress drama, Actor drama, Supporting actor, and Series drama)

Chris Beachum
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Can Truth be told be added to the prediction center (Spencer, Paul, and series) as well as Ramy yosseff in comedy actor.

It has no release date.

Matthew anzalone
    Participant
    Topics:

It has no release date.

Didnt know that. I have lots of changes to make.

coldbreeze
    Participant
    Topics:

The limited series category is insane! love that
    And oh my god I don’t understand what is the fuss about Natasha Lyonne. Probably repeating myself but there it goes: I watched Russian Doll and enjoyed BUT there are a lot of actresses who had a better performance than hers.

Rachel_Ann
    Participant
    Topics:

The limited series category is insane! love that And oh my god I don’t understand what is the fuss about Natasha Lyonne. Probably repeating myself but there it goes: I watched Russian Doll and enjoyed BUT there are a lot of actresses who had a better performance than hers.

Natasha Lyonne has love from the tv academy but not from the Hollywood Foreign Press. The only thing she has going for her is being in a freshman series, which the HFP love but I doubt she’ll be nominated.

Kellyemm
    Participant
    Topics:

Game of Thrones and Veep are going to be completely snubbed, Globe’s voters hate them, they love humiliating them, the Emmys treated them really badly, so this is the perfect opportunity for the Globes to gave their “final slap in the face”. And if they decide to nominate some performer from GoT, it is not going to be Peter Dinklage. I bet that they agree that he is overrated, they will go for a more exciting option (Clarke, Williams, Christie, Allen, Waldau).

After my rabbit hole look in to the Twitter accounts and histories of about 15-20 HFPA members…..yeah, I think y’all are vastly underestimating the courting of the HFPA by GoT this last season compared to previous years. There’s quite a bit of love. Dinklage doesn’t play ball and Allen didn’t even factor in to press opportunities and HFPA members were all over that.

Clarke and Christie (who are also helped by big HFPA Star Wars campaigns for both prior to S8 + Top of The Lake for Christie) get a lot of love as does Coster Waldau (who they seem to like generally). I wouldn’t underestimate any of those three by a long shot.

Ivo Stoyanov
    Participant
    Topics:

…And underestimate GoT cast at your peril. So much groundwork done by HBO. They seem to definitely like certain cast,

They suddenly liked them in season 8? Interesting…

After my rabbit hole look in to the Twitter accounts and histories of about 15-20 HFPA members…..yeah, I think y’all are vastly underestimating the courting of the HFPA by GoT this last season compared to previous years. There’s quite a bit of love. Dinklage doesn’t play ball and Allen didn’t even factor in to press opportunities and HFPA members were all over that.

Clarke and Christie (who are also helped by big HFPA Star Wars campaigns for both prior to S8 + Top of The Lake for Christie) get a lot of love as does Coster Waldau (who they seem to like generally). I wouldn’t underestimate any of those three by a long shot.

I already said that I think that Clarke, Christie and Waldau are the three members with biggest chances, but I will take my chance and I will predict a complete snub.

Anonymous
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 496 total)

The topic ‘2020 Golden Globes TV (Predictions Center Active)’ is closed to new replies.