Home Forums Television 2020 Golden Globes TV (Predictions Center Active)

2020 Golden Globes TV (Predictions Center Active)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 496 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
ginnala
Luca Giliberti
forwardswill
  • Kellyemm
    Participant
    Topics:

GoT is NOT receiving acting nominations. The only nomination it could get is for Series, but that isn’t a lock either. It’s 50/50. That final season was atrocious and even the Emmys didn’t reward the show, other than Series and Supporting Actor where there wasn’t a clear alternative. It’s fighting for that GG Series nom.

I hardly think it’s sweeping every category, but if they sneak at least one in I will be unsurprised.

sofan
    Participant
    Topics:

If the HFPA had a spine they would completely snub that atrocious season, unfortunately, they don’t have one so GOT is getting a series nomination with a real chance of winning.

ginnala
    Spectator
    Topics:

HFPA hates GoT, they are not nominating it.

Anonymous
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    smurty11
    Participant
    Topics:

GOT has a better shot than Veep to get nominated in their show category.
    That being said they both don’t have a good shot at all. I can see Peter Dinklage and Maisie Williams getting in before the show for best drama.

Lance
    Participant
    Topics:

I think that The Morning Show might win Series because they love freshman shows but they do like the Crown a whole lot. And it is kinda of a first season for the show with a new cast.

Rachel_Ann
    Participant
    Topics:

I feel like the HFPA hasn’t seen the majority of the stuff they nominate and it’s all about names for them (cough cough The Tourist).

Jays
    Participant
    Topics:

GOT has a better shot than Veep to get nominated in their show category. That being said they both don’t have a good shot at all. I can see Peter Dinklage and Maisie Williams getting in before the show for best drama.

Maisie Williams has no shot of getting in lol.

forwardswill
    Participant
    Topics:

I feel like the HFPA hasn’t seen the majority of the stuff they nominate and it’s all about names for them (cough cough The Tourist).

They’ve never been quite the same for TV though. As I pointed out when I was arguing against predictions of The Politician when the predictions center opened, the only show they’ve nominated this decade that has a negative score on Rotten Tomatoes is the third season of Glee. And that was coming off two consecutive wins with them, was still a cultural phenomenon and the reviews were only for the first episode. So although they far from go typically for critical favourites and still often go for names (*cough* The Kominsky Method), the HFPA is much better at nominating TV than it is at nominating movies. They won’t just blindly go for the name of something if they’ve heard it was crap.

Mukund
    Participant
    Topics:

They nominated The Newsroom.

ginnala
    Spectator
    Topics:

I kinda want to ditch The Politician for Dickinson. I’ll wait for reviews of it.

forwardswill
    Participant
    Topics:

They nominated The Newsroom.

Sorry I should have clarified! – I was using Comedy/Musical on Film and TV as the comparison given that Rachel brought up The Tourist.

(That said, The Newsroom is again the only example this decade of a season with a rotten RT score getting nominated and it was 7 years ago so the point kinda stands about what the HFPA is like across the board today with nominating TV)

Matthew anzalone
    Participant
    Topics:

Netflix has so many irons in the fire when it comes to limited series (WTSU, Unbelievable, The spy, Black mirror). Something is gonna be lost in the shuffle.

Dennis El Mar
    Participant
    Topics:

Netflix has so many irons in the fire when it comes to limited series (WTSU, Unbelievable, The spy, Black mirror). Something is gonna be lost in the shuffle.

Probably Black Mirror

FYC: Mary Kay Place in Diane

sofan
    Participant
    Topics:

She is hopeless at the Emmys but I kinda wish te Globes would nominate Anna Camp for Perfect Harmony. She is really good (not great as she was in UKS) and she deserves some recognition for it.

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 496 total)

The topic ‘2020 Golden Globes TV (Predictions Center Active)’ is closed to new replies.