Home Forums Television 2020 Golden Globes TV Predictions (Part 2)

2020 Golden Globes TV Predictions (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 103 total)
Created
11 months ago
Last Reply
11 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Lance
mariogomez
ivostoyanov
  • Profile picture
    Lance
    Topics:

This won’t be in a row,this will be like 2 or 3 years after they were last nominated

Profile picture
    DvirBA
    Topics:

Is Mr. Robot current season eligible for this round of GG?
    I know it probably won’t happen but Rami Malek is better than anyone I’ve seen this year on television

Profile picture
    Lance
    Topics:

I think it is eligible, but I don’t think it will get in. Maybe Malek may but I don’t think so

Profile picture
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Topics:

Given that the Tv Drama Actor and Tv Supporting actor races remain very uncertain, i don´t discount a comeback for Slater or Malek.

Slater has been nominated for the Globe every time he’s been eligible.

Profile picture
    Ivo Stoyanov
    Topics:

They nominated Schrieber 5 times in a row, Sofia Vergara 4 times in a row, Hugh Laurie 6 times in a row, Michael C.Hall 5 in a row, and a few others.

There was not so much good TV back then, Liev Schreiber is the only recent example. Now there are more than 20 good candidates per category (at least 40 in supporting), si it will be very unlike the Globes, but like I said, the current season of Mr. Robot has the quality to achieve that.

Profile picture
    Daniel Motta
    Topics:

That last episode of Mr. Robot alone should get a lot of voters’ attention. It is Malek’s single best performance from the entire running of the show and that says a lot. Also, gotta take into consideration that he never won for this role before and has been nominated twice. Given this is the last season of the show, HFPA may feel the need to recognize him at least with that nom. Plus, his win last year should put some after-glow on him which should help.

Profile picture
    mariogomez
    Topics:

Malek is a lock for a nomination, after last episode.

Profile picture
    ginnala
    Topics:

No one cares about Mr Robot anymore. Malek is a possibility but definitely not a lock.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    mariogomez
    Topics:

We´ll see.

They nominated H. Macy for Shameless Season 8.

Profile picture
    Ivo Stoyanov
    Topics:

We´ll see.

They nominated H. Macy for Shameless Season 8.

Comedy can never be compared to Drama.

Elisabeth Moss and Yvonne Strahovski gave equally great performances in S3 of THT, Stranger Things had their best season yet, but we are all predicting them to be completely snub. Golden Globes are like that, they like to drop things for no reason, they love to keep it fresh with new comers. For them to return to Malek will be really strange, for the other awards body as well, maybe enough Emmy and SAG voters will watch season 4 gradually with all this buzz, but the 90 voters of the Globes… Very doubtful, I hope it happens, but I will never predict it.

Profile picture
    mariogomez
    Topics:

Comedy can never be compared to Drama.

Elisabeth Moss and Yvonne Strahovski gave equally great performances in S3 of THT, Stranger Things had their best season yet, but we are all predicting them to be completely snub. Golden Globes are like that, they like to drop things for no reason, they love to keep it fresh with new comers. For them to return to Malek will be really strange, for the other awards body as well, maybe enough Emmy and SAG voters will watch season 4 gradually with all this buzz, but the 90 voters of the Globes… Very doubtful, I hope it happens, but I will never predict it.

Exactly, at the end, it’s just a game. You can predict whatever you want .
    In 2017 the first place had a 77.73 % of effectiveness (42/55).
    In 2018 the first place had a 77.78 % of effectiveness (42/55).
    In 2019 the first place had a 77.78 % of effectiveness (42/55).

The conclusion is that the Globes Tv Awards Nominations is one of the most difficult to predict. So, you can’t simply go for the top 5 of each category because probably you will get a low percentage of effectiveness in your predictions. You can check the odds of the past years and probably you will understand what i´m talking about jejeje.

Profile picture
    Ivo Stoyanov
    Topics:

Exactly, at the end, it’s just a game. You can predict whatever you want .
    In 2017 the first place had a 77.73 % of effectiveness (42/55).
    In 2018 the first place had a 77.78 % of effectiveness (42/55).
    In 2019 the first place had a 77.78 % of effectiveness (42/55).

The conclusion is that the Globes Tv Awards Nominations is one of the most difficult to predict. So, you can’t simply go for the top 5 of each category because probably you will get a low percentage of effectiveness in your predictions. You can check the odds of the past years and probably you will understand what i´m talking about jejeje.

Totally agree with you, I have said a similar thing in the past. Globes do not follow any rules and they like to be provocative, to nominate new things and to be relevant (in their mind). But you can see when they like something for real, they loved Downton Abbey really much, for example. I am just not sure if they really like Mr. Robot.

Profile picture
    Daniel Motta
    Topics:

What do you guys think about HBO’s Watchmen? I’ve read around that HFPA voters really like it and it might overperform on nominations. I absolutely LOVE IT and think is one of the best new shows this year.

Still, I believe that viewers not familiarized with the source material may have a tough time following it and they may feel alienated. Is it to niche?

I currently have Regina King and Jeremy Irons getting in, but not sure about the series though. There’s already too many shows in contention from HBO, and, like I said, the general audience may not dig it as much as fans of the graphic novel.

Profile picture
    mariogomez
    Topics:

What do you guys think about HBO’s Watchmen? I’ve read around that HFPA voters really like it and it might overperform on nominations. I absolutely LOVE IT and think is one of the best new shows this year.

Still, I believe that viewers not familiarized with the source material may have a tough time following it and they may feel alienated. Is it to niche?

I currently have Regina King and Jeremy Irons getting in, but not sure about the series though. There’s already too many shows in contention from HBO, and, like I said, the general audience may not dig it as much as fans of the graphic novel.

It’s possible the show could get in for Drama Series, but nothing else. Drama actress category is already stacked and Irons role is really boring.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 103 total)

The topic ‘2020 Golden Globes TV Predictions (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.