Home Forums Television 2020 Golden Globes TV Predictions (Part 2)

2020 Golden Globes TV Predictions (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 103 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Lance
Mario Gomez
Ivo Stoyanov
  • wolfali
    Participant
    Topics:

It may happen, but who knows. The supporting actor category is really wide open and the Globes like British actors and Amazon. Also they like nominating newer actors that haven’t been rewarded yet. So will we see.

Because Andrew Scott is “new”.

FYC BAFTA : Florence Pugh, Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, Greta Gerwig, Renée & Joaquin
    FYC Oscar ; Renée Zellweger, Joaquin Phoenix & Once Upon a Time in Hollywood
    FYC GD : Florence Pugh in all Categories, Wild Rose (Best Song)
    FYC BAFTA TV : Olivia Colman, Killing Eve, Russell Tovey, Years and Years
    FYC Emmys : Jodie Comer, Olivia Colman, Ruth Wilson

Lance
    Participant
    Topics:

Because Andrew Scott is “new”.

He is “new” to the globes, he has never been nominated there or at the Emmys.

kellis
    Spectator
    Topics:

“No user starts this shady” - someone culturally relevant.

Also got banned because...reasons? So, I guess ciao.

Richard R
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t see lodge 49 in the predictions. Wyatt Russell is under drama actor but no lodge in series. Could it be put in the predictions center

Richard R
    Participant
    Topics:

It appears we are overestimating the Morning Show and underestimating Watchman. Regina king could easily get in

Lance
    Participant
    Topics:

It appears we are overestimating the Morning Show and underestimating Watchman. Regina king could easily get in

I think TMS has better odds. They are on a new network and the HFPA love to reward new shows on newer networks before anyone else. Just look at Mozart in the Jungle winning Series and Actor and Bodyguard getting nommed for Series and winning for Actor. HFPA knows HBO and HBO has many shows eligible and Watchmen is not their top priority over GOT, Succession and BLL. I haven’t seen Watchmen, I bet it is a rewarding show, but I am sticking with TMS for now.

Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Participant
    Topics:

Just look at Mozart in the Jungle winning Series and Actor and Bodyguard getting nommed for Series and winning for Actor.

Bodyguard was helped by it being a British show, the HFPA still having some foreign sensibilities and the show being an absolute phenomenon in the UK, it’s live TV ratings when it was airing on BBC1 never dipped below 14m viewers and its final episode peaked with over 17m viewers. The highest for scripted programme ever.

To put that into perspective, it was watched just in its airing by 25.6% of the British population, it would be like one of the big four networks in the US having a series watched by 83.7m. Stranger Things & Game of Thrones (including privacy) don’t even get close to those kind of numbers.

Richard R
    Participant
    Topics:

Morning show has mixed to mediocre reviews. Reese Witherspoon can cancel herself out since she is eligible for both big little lies and morning and steve Carell has internal competition who can take votes from him. Watchman has better reviews. The only issue with Watchman is how accessible is it. Will the story be to complex for the voters to get into it. I could see Regina King and a Jeremy irons easily get in.

thatnerdgreg
    Participant
    Topics:

Morning show has mixed to mediocre reviews. Reese Witherspoon can cancel herself out since she is eligible for both big little lies and morning and steve Carell has internal competition who can take votes from him. Watchman has better reviews. The only issue with Watchman is how accessible is it. Will the story be to complex for the voters to get into it. I could see Regina King and a Jeremy irons easily get in.

Watchmen deserves nods for series, King, Irons, and Smart. The latter is the most unlikely to get in simply because her category is very crowded, but she’d be a wonderful nominee. I wonder how much Irons’ could be hurt by people being confused about his narrative. It’s already pretty ambiguous and confusing for someone who’s familiar with the character of Ozymandias from the original story. But if you don’t know who that is, you’re likely to be really lost and its very likely you’ll be less engaged by whatever is going on with Adrian Veidt. There’s also the problem that the Globes didn’t get all the episodes, so much like most viewers, these voters don’t know how Irons’ story wraps up and ties into everything else that’s going on in the series. That could also hurt him. However, he still has a shot, as he’s a great, respected actor who gets to play a an enjoyably weird and showy role, and the Globes have been pretty kind to him in the past. King could also be hurt by the fact that she’s not really playing a very showy role. Her best showcase was in this week’s episode, and that’s unlikely to help her because I’m pretty sure voting has already ended. Still, the Globes seem to be King fans based on her three nods and her win last year, so I think they’ll appreciate her enough to get her a deserving nominations.

Lance
    Participant
    Topics:

Just because a show has better reviews and ratings doesn’t mean it will win at Globes. Bohemian Rhapsody had very mixed reviews and won Drama Film last year.

Richard R
    Participant
    Topics:

Lately the Globes go for tv shows that are really acclaimed.They are looking for more then just famous faces. Bohemeian also had music in it witch they couldn’t resist

24fanatic
    Participant
    Topics:

I think The Morning Show might be overestimated in its chances. Drama Series is stacked this year. I could see Globe voters being content with just giving the show a nom or 2 in Lead Actress for Jennifer and Reese… especially with the reviews being so-so.

Richard R
    Participant
    Topics:

Reese Witherspoon might not get in if she cancels herself out because she is eligible for big little lies as well as morning show

Richard R
    Participant
    Topics:

What about undone on Amazon. It has great reviews. I have yet to see it but we know they like amazon shows. I wondering if the animation style hurts it or even makes it ineligible

Richard R
    Participant
    Topics:

Lodge 49 was canceled but there seems to be a lot of support for it and people are campaigning for another network to pick it up

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 103 total)

The topic ‘2020 Golden Globes TV Predictions (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.