Home Forums Television 2020 Golden Globes TV Predictions (Part 2)

2020 Golden Globes TV Predictions (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 14 posts - 91 through 104 (of 104 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
Lance
Mario Gomez
Ivo Stoyanov
  • Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Atm, I see no reason not to have both Malek and Slater predicted. The former won a Globe last year, then swept the circuit; the latter has never missed for Mr. Robot. Plus, both categories are lacking clear frontrunners and MR S4 has been widely acclaimed.

Oscar FYC - Lupita Nyong'o & Elisabeth Moss ("Us") - Best Actress & Supporting Actress. It must happen; otherwise the Tethered are coming.

forwardswill
    Participant
    Topics:

Atm, I see no reason not to have both Malek and Slater predicted. The former won a Globe last year, then swept the circuit; the latter has never missed for Mr. Robot. Plus, both categories are lacking clear frontrunners and MR S4 has been widely acclaimed.

Agree!

mafro987
    Participant
    Topics:

Struggling with the 5th spots in comedy and drama series. On becoming a God has no buzz outside of Dunst so I replaced it with PEN15. There are so many options for that spot in drama (GOT, Pose, Killing Eve, The Morning Show, maybe even Mr Robot?).

For Your Consideration:

Best International Feature: Instinct (The Netherlands)
    Best Actress: Carice van Houten (Instinct)

Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Struggling with the 5th spots in comedy and drama series. On becoming a God has no buzz outside of Dunst so I replaced it with PEN15. There are so many options for that spot in drama (GOT, Pose, Killing Eve, The Morning Show, maybe even Mr Robot?).

Kidding & SMILF had very little buzz as well and still made it. OBAGICF at least has the Dunst factor, which Kidding and SMILF didn’t even have.

Oscar FYC - Lupita Nyong'o & Elisabeth Moss ("Us") - Best Actress & Supporting Actress. It must happen; otherwise the Tethered are coming.

jacob121
    Participant
    Topics:

Kidding & SMILF had very little buzz as well and still made it. OBAGICF at least has the Dunst factor, which Kidding and SMILF didn’t even have.

Showtime is also often over-represented here so I am always keeping that in mind when making Globes predictions. They love to pair comedy series and comedy actress nominations so Dunst + Series seems pretty plausible to me.

mariogomez
    Participant
    Topics:

Malek ando Slater deliver hypnotic performances in Mr Robot S4 . Plus, Slater was nominated for 3 previous season. Malek has the advantage that won last year for Bohemian Rapsody, so it’s possible HFPA will remember him.

Lance
    Participant
    Topics:

I think King has a better shot than Zendaya in getting in for Drama Actress in my opinion…

Riley Chow
    Keymaster
    Topics:

It is too late for Mr. Robot. Nobody watches that show anymore.

Bridgian
    Participant
    Topics:

It is too late for Mr. Robot. Nobody watches that show anymore.

You said Christian Slater had no chance for season 3 as well.

Anonymous
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Riley Chow
    Keymaster
    Topics:

You said Christian Slater had no chance for season 3 as well.

I was indeed among the 98% of predictors for Globe nominations that year that did not predict Slater. And like everyone else, I am going into this year’s predictions with the knowledge that he overcame the odds then. Anyway, if this is such a big deal to you, maybe you should actually add him to your own predictions.

Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Participant
    Topics:

Slater was purely filler. They had no one else to nominate for that year’s 5th spot. He would have been snubbed if there was someone else.

Was he though? There was options for them, in addition to the eventual nominated Alfred Molina, Alexander Skarsgard and David Thewlis. (Not including eventual nominee David Harbour here since I don’t believe he was considered since he was listed as lead in the GD odds).

They could’ve gone with Sean Hayes (he was the most nominated W&G member during the original and the show had two additional noms that year); Joseph Fiennes fresh the inaugural Handmaid’s season; Tituss Burgess who had the Lemonade episode that or even doubled up on the Bette and Joan with Stanley Tucci.

It says something when they went for Slater again given how notorious they are dropping (even their favs) and how little people cared about S3.

DvirBA
    Participant
    Topics:

What are you guys thinking, will GoT manage to grab one last Drama Series nomination?

I’m trying to stay optimistic but Golden Globes are known for their love for new series, and there was a handful of actual good ones this year

FYC Oscars 2020
    Once Upon a Time in Hollywood - Best Picture, Best Original Screenplay
    The Irishman - Best Director, Best Adapted Screenplay

boss
    Participant
    Topics:

What are you guys thinking, will GoT manage to grab one last Drama Series nomination? I’m trying to stay optimistic but Golden Globes are known for their love for new series, and there was a handful of actual good ones this year

HFPA didn’t hesitate to completely drop Veep after its Emmy wins, therefore I think same will happen to Game of Thrones.

Viewing 14 posts - 91 through 104 (of 104 total)

The topic ‘2020 Golden Globes TV Predictions (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.