Home Forums Television 2020 SAG Awards TV Nominations: Reactions

2020 SAG Awards TV Nominations: Reactions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 3 posts - 136 through 138 (of 138 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Jays
methaddiction
Guest 2018
  • Ivo Stoyanov
    Participant
    Topics:

Kay wrote:
    Ivo Stoyanov wrote: Not happening in a million years.

Weren’t you the one so confident in its snub?

No, I was not actually. Before accusing, go back and read. I said THREE MONTHS AGO that the five nominees are going to be between seven shows: GoT, BLL, THT, Stranger Things, The Crown, Succession and This us. And I was right. I said that I am unable to predict which 2 of those 7 are not going to make it, but that I am certain that the two Netflix shows and THT will make it, I predicted those 3 and I was also right. I also told you that HBO is never getting 3 shows and I was right. My only mistake is that I never saw the snub for This is us (no one did), so I decided to keep just 1 HBO show and I stupidly kept Succession. Succession already screw me at the Emmys when I bought the passion for it and removed Ventimiglia for Strong, I still cannot forgive myself, this is really stupid mistake. After today, I will never ever going to predict Succession for anything acting wise. But if we are going to be specific, I was also right about HBO being the weakest here, I predicted the the snubs of Streep and the weakness of BLL, I only predicted Kidman, while everybody else here was sore that BLL will dominate like in its first season, which was delusional. I did predicted Dinklage. But I stay firm, he and the cast are not winning in a million years.

Why not? Didn’t Breaking Bad only ever win Ensemble on its final season? The same could happen to Thrones  which has the same amount of support, if not more, from actors  (regardless of the lack of wins, they have more nominations)… and Dinklage could win as the representative of the show, as usual. I’m not saying they’re definitely winning, but I believe this is their best shot ever!

This could have not been further from the truth. Breaking Bad was an acting darling, GoT has more nominated actors only because Breaking Bad story was centered between a small group of characters. They nominated everyone that had material with the exception of Dean Norris. Many strong performers from GoT were completely ignored, the most shocking being Charles Dance, Michelle Fairley, Sean Bean and Pedro Pascal. Breaking Bad won 9 acting awards for 3 different actors at the Emmys, GoT only won 4 for the same actor. Cranston won an individual SAG for BB for the penultimate season, Dinklage did not. BB managed to get an individual nomination for a second performer – Anna Gunn, GoT couldn’t. Your example do not apply.

Ivo Stoyanov
    Participant
    Topics:

nat1612 wrote:
    These are all TV Movie/Mini-series and there’s no ensemble category for that

Aren’t they eligible in drama?

They are not. But even if they were, none of them would have gotten in. the casts of GOT, Stranger Things and Handmaid’s Tale act circles around the cast of Chernobyl. The acting in Chernobyl is not what actors like, the show is not character driven and this limits the performances making them cold and too restrained. SAG obviously did not liked Unbelievable very much since they chose the serviceable and small performance of Emily Watson over the masterclasses of acting giving by Wever and Dever. And the passion towards WTSU is weaker comparable with the Emmys, on the contrary Michael Kenneth Williams and Niecy Nash would have been here as well. Although, the Netflix factor could have helped them replace BLL.

Philip
    Participant
    Topics:

I disrespectfully decline your chest-thumping request.

The word is SINCE. SINCE streaming networks took hold of SAG, the Globes and Emmys, if you had even read the TV Line article, it shows just how precipitously broadcast TV has fallen out of favor. The streamers have an advantage of more $$, and less limits. It’s not a fair fight.

Good context isnt about limits lol. That’s a lame excuse for networks being lazy.

Viewing 3 posts - 136 through 138 (of 138 total)

The topic ‘2020 SAG Awards TV Nominations: Reactions’ is closed to new replies.