Home Forums Television 2020 SAG Awards TV Nominations: Reactions

2020 SAG Awards TV Nominations: Reactions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 134 total)
Created
7 months ago
Last Reply
7 months ago
( +4 hidden )
replies
views
users
Jays
methaddiction
Guest 2018
  • Profile picture
    Jays
    Topics:

Lord, I hated these. Collette being the sole representation from Unbelievable is wrong. She wasn’t bad, but Dever and Wever were miles better. None of the ladies from BLL in Drama Actress is upsetting, especially when the cast made it into Ensemble. Comedy Actress is good, actually, but I would have liked to see Dunst over Bornstein. And I’m also so tired of the constant Fleabag love as if it’s this revolutionary show. I don’t know how Scott managed to get in here.

Anyway, the take aways for the Emmy’s:

– The Morning Show should be taken seriously, even if it did miss Ensemble. The Crudup and Carell nominations are very telling.

– This Is Us sinks big time. It’ll be lucky to hold onto it’s Series spot.

– Stranger Things is still alive and well and maybe Harbour might even be able to take the Emmy next year if Stranger Things manages to win Ensemble.

– Christina Applegate will be verrrry much in contention for the win for Dead to Me next year, especially if the second season is acclaimed.

– Watchmen is no where near the awards contender many are claiming it will be.

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

Easy. SAG voters dislike or do not watch their shows. In the case of Unbelievable, I think that Wever was the sixth nominee.

Isn’t it like the same actors voting for both award shows though?

Profile picture
    Rich Landry
    Topics:

Over the moon for:

Jennifer Aniston
    Alex Borstein
    Helena Bonham Carter
    Olivia Colman
    Jharrel Jerome
    Catherine O’Hara
    Schitt’s Creek

Sad for:
    Julia Louis-Dreyfus
    This Is Us
    Merritt Wever

Profile picture
    jacob121
    Topics:

I know everyone was complaining about the Globe noms the other day but these are far worse. In particular, shutting out Succession and Watchmen is egregious.

Colette, who is probably the weakest of the trio, gets in at the expense of Weaver and Dever?

I really want to know who tf is watching the Kominsky Method.

At least it’s nice to see that not everyone forgot about Stranger Things and David Harbour.

Also, unpopular opinion, but happy to see GOT get a well deserved ensemble nomination. I think it is ridiculous that it has never won the top prize here.

Increasingly, these awards are just not representing the best that TV has to offer and that’s a shame.

For the wins, I guess I’ll go with The Crown and Maisel?

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    vinny
    Topics:

Outside of the snubs for This is Us, I love the nominees…especially the comedy ones 🙂

Profile picture
    supermalt
    Topics:

Lmao at the people who said Meryl is going to sweep. Helena Bonham Carter performance is just too powerful.

Profile picture
    jacob121
    Topics:

Christina Applegate will be verrrry much in contention for the win for Dead to Me next year, especially if the second season is acclaimed.

I wouldn’t predict a win for her unless Dead to Me gets into series which I don’t think is likely. I think her ability to score these noms throughout the year bodes well for her keeping her slot, though.

Profile picture
    Mukund
    Topics:

OMG, Billy Porter was snubbed!

Profile picture
    Jays
    Topics:

They’re disgustingly basic. They just name checked Collette. This is my opinion, but Collette does not deserve nominations for her performance. There are other performers out there who deserved nods more than her at both GGs and now SAG. I guess she’s undeniable for that Emmy nod now.. which I’ll be fine with if the category ends up being weak though.

She was always getting an Emmy nod though. Unbelievable looks like it’ll be a strong contender and she’s the only actress from the show who’s campaigning in supporting.

Profile picture
    Jays
    Topics:

I wouldn’t predict a win for her unless Dead to Me gets into series which I don’t think is likely. I think her ability to score these noms throughout the year bodes well for her keeping her slot, though.

I think a series nomination is definitely on the table. It’ll air closer to the time of voting and not a lot of the top contenders are returning.

Profile picture
    Kay
    Topics:

I’m sad for Tobias Menzies. I hope he wins the Emmy regardless…

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

Really shocked by Helen Mirren snub. If there is an awards body that TRULY LOVES her that’s SAG. I also thought if there was an award Michelle Williams could lose was SAG. In this case to Mirren. Well…not anymore. My girl is fully sweeping!!!

And WOW!!! No Meryl?! My Girl Helena made it???!!! YES YES YES!!! I Told you she was coming! So happy for Jodie as well! I’m really surprised they liked The Crown that much but snubbed Tobias… Really strange! This TV nominations were pretty terrible overall in my opinion. I can’t believe that I switched last minute to Weaver instead of Collette. I knew she had a bigger chance. Ugh… And thank God for King and Arquette!!!… And Jharrel!!!

FYC Emmys:
    Jane Lapotaire, The Crown (Drama Guest Actress)
    Helena Bonham Carter, The Crown (Drama Supporting Actress)
    Josh O'Connor, The Crown (Drama Supporting Actor)
    Fiona Shaw, Killing Eve (Drama Supporting Actress)
    Jodie Comer and Sandra Oh, Killing Eve (Drama Actress)
    Evgenia Dodina, Killing Eve (Drama Guest Actress)

Profile picture
    TeaCopo
    Topics:

no meryl streep??? sad!

Profile picture
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Topics:

OMG, Billy Porter was snubbed!

And the cast in ensemble as well.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 134 total)

The topic ‘2020 SAG Awards TV Nominations: Reactions’ is closed to new replies.