Home Forums Television 2020 SAG Awards TV Nominations: Reactions

2020 SAG Awards TV Nominations: Reactions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 134 total)
Created
12 months ago
Last Reply
12 months ago
( +4 hidden )
replies
views
users
Jays
methaddiction
Guest 2018
  • Profile picture
    Topics:

So happy for Schitt’s Creek and The Morning Show!

Profile picture
    Jays
    Topics:

Really shocked by Helen Mirren snub. If there is an awards body that TRULY LOVES her that’s SAG. I also thought if there was an award Michelle Williams could lose was SAG. In this case to Mirren. Well…not anymore. My girl is fully sweeping!!! And WOW!!! No Meryl?! My Girl Helena made it???!!! YES YES YES!!! I Told you she was coming! So happy for Jodie as well! I’m really surprised they liked The Crown that much but snubbed Tobias… Really strange! This TV nominations were pretty terrible overall in my opinion. I can’t believe that I switched last minute to Weaver instead of Collette. I knew she had a bigger chance. Ugh… And thank God for King and Arquette!!!… And Jharrel!!!

Williams was always sweeping, as she should be.

Profile picture
    Atypical
    Topics:

These are the nominating committee’s whims, so they won’t be a total representation of what the Emmys do next year. “Succession” will retain its Drama Series slot, and so will “This Is Us.” Meryl will be in supporting actress, b/c duh. On the other hand, I always thought “The Morning Show” was classic Emmy-bait (though I thought the same thing about “The Newsroom”) until the mediocre reviews. The star power though can’t be denied. Aniston’s in. Reese hopefully won’t split her vote. Carell’s in. And looking at you now too, Billy Crudup.

Profile picture
    musterd
    Topics:

Don’t understand how Morning Show gets 3 individual noms but misses Ensemble yet BLL gets Ensemble but no individual noms.

The Drama lead actor category is TRAGIQUE. Succession snub is RIDICULOUS.

But Olivia Colman getting 3 nominations phew.

Profile picture
    Tonbone
    Topics:

Pose, Succession and This is US getting snubbed is awful but Pose especially. Since over and over again SAG has honored Diversity and POSE is one of the most diverse shows in history. Can’t believe they snubbed Eugene Levy a comedy legend for the over rated Michael Douglas.

Profile picture
    Atypical
    Topics:

I just noticed this! I knew that “Pose” had a fight on its hands in Drama Ensemble, but no Billy Porter? Terrible, terrible snub!

Profile picture
    fatma667
    Topics:

Do SAG awards not do TV Supporting actress/actor? I can’t find that category.

Profile picture
    Ivo Stoyanov
    Topics:

Ivo Stoyanov wrote:
    Easy. SAG voters dislike or do not watch their shows. In the case of Unbelievable, I think that Wever was the sixth nominee.

Isn’t it like the same actors voting for both award shows though?

Yes and no, but mostly no.

SAG has 129 000 active members, almost all of them actors. The Emmys have 25 000 active members, but only 5 000 of them are actors, maybe even less, and can vote for the acting categories. Only elite and mostly working and successful actors vote at the Emmys, every single actor in the US can vote for SAG, so they have a clear taste and they go for more mainstream things.

Profile picture
    Jays
    Topics:

These are the nominating committee’s whims, so they won’t be a total representation of what the Emmys do next year. “Succession” will retain its Drama Series slot, and so will “This Is Us.” Meryl will be in supporting actress, b/c duh. On the other hand, I always thought “The Morning Show” was classic Emmy-bait (though I thought the same thing about “The Newsroom”) until the mediocre reviews. The star power though can’t be denied. Aniston’s in. Reese hopefully won’t split her vote. Carell’s in. And looking at you now too, Billy Crudup.

This Is Us is in trouble, there’s really no denying it.

Profile picture
    forwardswill
    Topics:

So happy for Schitt’s Creek and The Morning Show!

This is my mood! Otherwise everything is too bizarre to process

Profile picture
    Guest 2018
    Topics:

Well…at least Fonda and Tomlin are finally out of the picture. There’s THAT.

Profile picture
    Carlo
    Topics:

I’m so happy for Jennifer Aniston who spent years trying to prove she can be a serious actress.

i hope she isn’t Caked again at the Emmys like it happended at the Oscars.
    (Weak writing, great performance, Globe & Sag nod, missing the big one)

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Kay
    Topics:

I wonder who will win Drama Actor. I thought Menzies had it on lock. Can Brown prevail with his show snubbed in Ensemble? The Morning Show guys can split votes leading the path to a David Harbour victory… which may finally put him in a very good spot for that very well deserved Emmy. His show also got into Ensemble so more points for him!

Profile picture
    Ivo Stoyanov
    Topics:

I just noticed this! I knew that “Pose” had a fight on its hands in Drama Ensemble, but no Billy Porter? Terrible, terrible snub!

Some of you write and act like newbies, SAG voters do not watch FX, there are very rare exceptions of course. Pose is not a SAG show, never had any chance, I thought that Porter can make it, because he won the Emy and he became a mainstream star, but they just do not watch Pose.

This is why they discover new shows faster now, they love the streaming services, but they still hate networks like FX.

Do SAG awards not do TV Supporting actress/actor? I can’t find that category.

They don’t.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 134 total)

The topic ‘2020 SAG Awards TV Nominations: Reactions’ is closed to new replies.