Home Forums Television 2021 BAFTA TV Awards

2021 BAFTA TV Awards

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 608 total)
Created
1 year ago
Last Reply
1 week ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
craigkell
Gabarnes43
  • Profile picture
    orangestraw
    Topics:

I could see Essiedu potentially do well in Supporting, but unfortunately don’t think he has a shot in lead. Not over the Small Axe guys, Josh, or Paul.

FYC:
    Ego Nwodim ("SNL"), Nico Santos ("Superstore"), Lolly Adefope ("Shrill"), MJ Rodriguez ("Pose"), Kate Winslet, Julianne Nicholson ("Mare of Easttown"), Punam Patel ("Special")

Profile picture
    Rachel615
    Topics:

The story of Carey’s life, always losing to the American.

Maybe during most awards seasons, but in general, she’s someone who, so far, certainly seems to be winning at life.

Profile picture
    marty
    Topics:

The Small Axe love

FYC:

Best Director - Lee Isaac Chung (Minari), Darius Marder (Sound of Metal)

Lead Actor - Delroy Lindo (Da 5 Bloods), Mads Mikkelsen (Another Round), Riz Ahmed (Sound of Metal)

Supporting Actor - Paul Raci (Sound of Metal)

Supporting Actress - Youn Yuh-jung (Minari)

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

The Small Axe love

So gutted that not even BAFTA watched “Education”. Sharlene Whyte would have won in a cakewalk if nominated due to the tape system.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Could Villanelle have a similar trajectory as Sherlock? I think Benedict has been nominated for all seasons?

He was only nominated for the first three.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    Gabarnes43
    Topics:

He was only nominated for the first two.

He was actually nominated for 3

EMMY FYC

The Crown in all categories (inc. Olivia Colman & Gillian Anderson)

I May Destroy You, It’s a Sin, Stateless & The Queens Gambit

Kate Winslet, Keeley Hawes, Shaun Parkes, Marielle Heller, Michaela Coel

Ted Lasso & The Flight Attendant in all categories.

Girls5Eva

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I’m already rethinking my Actress prediction lol. That category is chaotic.

Coel makes the most sense but I worry that she might have the same problem as Claire Foy in that she doesn’t have a particular standout episode and whilst she’s got an incredibly baity performance, it’s not a very loud one.

Apart from Wright (because she’s supporting) and maybe Edgar-Jones (because her work is too subtle) this can really go to any of Coel, Comer, Piper and Squires.

Profile picture
    Almond
    Topics:

The Sex Education noms warm my heart

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Wunmi Mosaku’s filmography:

His House (2020) – She was nominated for Best Actress at BAFTA film awards.
    Lovecraft Country (2020) – Nominated for International Series at BAFTA.
    Kiri (2018) – Nominated for Mini Series at BAFTA.
    The End of the F***ing World (2017) – Nominated for Drama Series at BAFTA.
    Damilola, Our Loved Boy (2016) –She won Best Supporting Actress at BAFTA TV.

May I present Olivia Colman’s BAFTA successor. I mean Kiri and The End of the F***ing World didn’t get nominated because she was in them but between those and the rest of the shows/films listed, she seems to be doing well for herself lol.

Profile picture
    No, it’s Becky
    Topics:

How pissed off do you think Channel 4 is that The Great’s BAFTA noms are credited to Starzplay.

Emmys FYC | Alan Tudyk in “Resident Alien” | Billie Piper in “I Hate Suzie” | Ego Nwodim in “Saturday Night Live” | Kaley Cuoco in “Harley Quinn” | “Dickinson” | “P-Valley” | “Pose” | “Superstore”

Profile picture
    AMG
    Topics:

How pissed off do you think Channel 4 is that The Great’s BAFTA noms are credited to Starzplay.

Not very. It airs there first so they know what they’re getting into re: awards.

Check out more of my thoughts on Twitter (@AMG_Review) and Instagram (amg_reviews)

Profile picture
    ClairesCrown
    Topics:

I’m already rethinking my Actress prediction lol. That category is chaotic. Coel makes the most sense but I worry that she might have the same problem as Claire Foy in that she doesn’t have a particular standout episode.

I would’ve said Dear Mrs Kennedy is somewhat standout but it definitely doesn’t have a loud or emotional scene. Do BAFTA juries not respond well to more reserved & emotionally controlled characters / more nuanced performances?

FYC EMMYS: THE CROWN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. OLIVIA COLMAN - D. ACTRESS & HBC - D. SUPP. ACTRESS) & IT’S A SIN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. LYDIA WEST - LIM. ACTRESS & KEELEY HAWES - LIM. SUPP. ACTRESS) & I MAY DESTROY YOU IN ALL CATEGORIES

Profile picture
    forwardswill
    Topics:

I love how pressed the Anderson stans on Twitter are. Like the woman has literally won everything so far, you can survive her missing one award.

Profile picture
    AMG
    Topics:

I would’ve said Dear Mrs Kennedy is somewhat standout but it definitely doesn’t have a loud or emotional scene. Do BAFTA juries not respond well to more reserved & emotionally controlled characters / more nuanced performances?

I think they respond to a character’s arc within the tape, hence single dramas do quite well with acting awards.

I think BAFTA generally are quite good at going for a mix of acting styles. Just looking at the film awards earlier this year reminded me that they do like subtler performances as much as, if not more than, louder/brasher performances.

Check out more of my thoughts on Twitter (@AMG_Review) and Instagram (amg_reviews)

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I love how pressed the Anderson stans on Twitter are. Like the woman has literally won everything so far, you can survive her missing one award.

I’ve seen people saying the same about Colman and Corrin as well. I mean I love The Crown and all three performances and am so glad it has been sweeping but it’s not the end of the world if it loses one award lol.

It reminds me of when the afternoon news made it a top headline that Colman had been snubbed last year lol.

Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 608 total)

The topic ‘2021 BAFTA TV Awards’ is closed to new replies.