Home Forums Television 2021 BAFTA TV Awards

2021 BAFTA TV Awards

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 159 total)
Created
8 months ago
Last Reply
1 week ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
craigkell
AMG
  • Profile picture
    Synthadora
    Topics:

Olivia has no chance this year anyway with Billie and Michaela and Daisy in the mix.

I forgot the other best performances still get nominated for Bafta’s. Now she’s not even going to get nominated for ffs. Why u do dis wolfali?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I forgot the other best performances still get nominated for Bafta’s. Now she’s not even going to get nominated for ffs. Why u do dis wolfali?

I forgot BAFTA darling Hayley Squires too…

FYC OSCARS : PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. ACTRESS – Carey Mulligan AND ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY — EMERALD FENNELL), VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", ESSIE DAVIS FOR "BABYTEETH"

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Craig Kell
    Topics:

https://twitter.com/deadline/status/1328760103273578498?s=21

Jodie Comer and Stephen Graham, this could be very good if executed well.

Glad to see Merseyside royalty reuniting again. But I agree with Wolfali, it probably won’t be eligible for BAFTA consideration this season.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Craig Kell
    Topics:

Was there any buzz surrounding Letita Wright’s performance in Small Axe btw? I’m planning to watch it tomorrow.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Was there any buzz surrounding Letita Wright’s performance in Small Axe btw? I’m planning to watch it tomorrow.

I haven’t seen it yet but the ratings have been dismal (1 million).

It was a very big mistake on the beeb to schedule it the day The Crown season 4 dropped and for it to clash with I’m a Celebrity.

FYC OSCARS : PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. ACTRESS – Carey Mulligan AND ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY — EMERALD FENNELL), VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", ESSIE DAVIS FOR "BABYTEETH"

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Craig Kell
    Topics:

I haven’t seen it yet but the ratings have been dismal (1 million).

It was a very big mistake on the beeb to schedule it the day The Crown season 4 dropped and for it to clash with I’m a Celebrity.

It’s a terrible shame about the viewing figures as I thought Mangrove was outstanding.

It could go down the Black Mirror route of competing in Single Drama. Letitia Wright is definitely strong enough to be nominated for Best Actress (though not likely to win against Billie/Michaela).

However, I’m also hoping to see Shaun Parkes and Malachi Kirby in contention for Best Actor and Supporting Actor. Both were excellent along with rising starlet Rochenda Sandall.

Of course, that depends on how the other four Small Axe films deliver over the next few weeks.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Midway through The Crown season 4 and I am actually wondering if Olivia does slip in this time round with 6 slots. I mean the fuss that was made around her missing last time and the fact she’s much better this season and has more material might help her.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    tsc
    Topics:

The BBC/ HBO is planning a Brideshead Revisited’ remake, with Luca Guadagnino (Call me by your name) attached to write and direct.

cast rumors: Ralph Fiennes, Cate Blanchett, Andrew Garfield, Joe Alwyn, Rooney Mara

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

The BBC/ HBO is planning a Brideshead Revisited’ remake, with Luca Guadagnino (Call me by your name) attached to write and direct. cast rumors: Ralph Fiennes, Cate Blanchett, Andrew Garfield, Joe Alwyn, Rooney Mara

That isn’t set to start filming until February.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Line of Duty to air in early 2021. First image of Kelly MacDonald as this series’ guest lead.

https://www.bbc.com/mediacentre/2020/line-of-duty-filming-wraps

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I have a weird feeling Sacha Dawan is going to pull a Michelle Gomez here.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    tsc
    Topics:

The Nest has been nominated for two BAFTA Scotland

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    tsc
    Topics:

Help, set in a fictional Liverpool care home, tells the moving story of the relationship between a young care home worker (Comer) and a patient (Graham), whose lives are changed forever by the onset of the coronavirus pandemic last spring.

Sarah (Jodie Comer – Killing Eve, Doctor Foster) is smart, but she’s never fitted in, not in education and not in work. Her family told her she’d never amount to anything but she unexpectedly finds her calling as a carer at Sunshine Homes. Sarah has a special talent for connecting with the residents, including one in particular, 47-year-old Tony (Stephen Graham – Save Me, This is England). Tony’s Young Onset Alzheimer’s has left him living out his days in care as his mind slowly deteriorates. His illness causes periods of confusion and violent outbursts, which the other members of staff can’t handle, but with Sarah he begins to build a real bond. Sarah’s success at managing Tony and the other patients helps build her confidence and restore her self-belief.

Then March 2020 hits and everything Sarah has achieved is thrown into doubt with the arrival of the Coronavirus pandemic. She and her colleagues tirelessly fight tooth and nail, ill-equipped, poorly prepared, and seemingly left helpless by the powers that be. A determined Sarah goes to extraordinary lengths to protect those in her care, whose conditions make their suffering and isolation all the more traumatic. But the staff’s unwavering commitment, compassion and heroic efforts can only do so much, and Sarah is pushed into a dark corner and desperately looks for a way out.

Jodie Comer and Stephen Graham new limited series….

isn’t it too early for a coronavirus series?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Craig Kell
    Topics:

Jodie Comer and Stephen Graham new limited series….

isn’t it too early for a coronavirus series?

I do agree but given the people involved, I have every faith that they will do the story justice.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

What do you guys have in your predictions for the International Series category?

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 159 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.