Home Forums Television 2021 Critics Choice TV Awards

2021 Critics Choice TV Awards

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 262 total)
Created
1 year ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
braydenfitzsi..
gabspss
  • Profile picture
    Chloe Sevigny stan <3
    Topics:

Chloe Sevigny, Rose Byrne, Maya Erskine and Yvonne Orji’s snubs sting the most!

Emmy FYC!!: Chloe Sevigny (We Are Who We Are), MJ Rodriguez (Pose), Billy Porter (Pose), Emma Corrin (The Crown), Elisabeth Moss (The Handmaid’s Tale), Maya Erskine (Pen15), Anna Konkle (Pen15), Naomi Ackie (Master of None), Thuso Mbedu (The Underground Railroad), Kate Winslet (Mare of Easttown), Michaela Coel (I May Destroy You)

Profile picture
    MysticMagix
    Topics:

Why isnt Letitia wright nominated for small axe?? She could go supporting if they have a problem with her competing in lead

A little bit of Magic never hurt anybody.

~ MYSTIC

Profile picture
    Couverture
    Topics:

Predicted Winners:

BEST DRAMA SERIES
    The Crown

BEST ACTOR IN A DRAMA SERIES
    Matthew Rhys (Perry Mason)

BEST ACTRESS IN A DRAMA SERIES
    Emma Corrin (The Crown)

BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR IN A DRAMA SERIES
    Tom Pelphrey (Ozark)

BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS IN A DRAMA SERIES
    Rhea Seehorn (Better Call Saul)

BEST COMEDY SERIES
    Schitt’s Creek

BEST ACTOR IN A COMEDY SERIES
    Jason Sudeikis (Ted Lasso)

BEST ACTRESS IN A COMEDY SERIES
    Catherine O’Hara (Schitt’s Creek)

BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR IN A COMEDY SERIES
    Daniel Levy (Schitt’s Creek)

BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS IN A COMEDY SERIES
    Hannah Waddingham (Ted Lasso)

BEST LIMITED SERIES
    The Queen’s Gambit

BEST MOVIE MADE FOR TELEVISION
    Bad Education

BEST ACTOR IN A LIMITED SERIES OR MOVIE MADE FOR TELEVISION
    Paul Mescal (Normal People)

BEST ACTRESS IN A LIMITED SERIES OR MOVIE MADE FOR TELEVISION
    Anya Taylor-Joy (The Queen’s Gambit)

BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR IN A LIMITED SERIES OR MOVIE MADE FOR TELEVISION
    Joshua Caleb Johnson (The Good Lord Bird)

BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS IN A LIMITED SERIES OR MOVIE MADE FOR TELEVISION
    Uzo Aduba (Mrs. America)

Profile picture
    Cobalt Blue
    Topics:

Maybe supporting actor was a weaker field than Hawke’s and series?

Chris Rock being nominated over Hawke is a big yikes

Profile picture
    OneAndOnly
    Topics:

BEST DRAMA SERIES
    The Crown

BEST ACTOR IN A DRAMA SERIES
    Josh O’Conner (The Crown)

BEST ACTRESS IN A DRAMA SERIES
    Laura Linney (Ozark)

BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR IN A DRAMA SERIES
    Tom Pelphrey (Ozark)

BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS IN A DRAMA SERIES
    Gillian Anderson (The Crown)

BEST COMEDY SERIES
    Ted Lasso

BEST ACTOR IN A COMEDY SERIES
    Jason Sudeikis (Ted Lasso)

BEST ACTRESS IN A COMEDY SERIES
    Catherine O’Hara (Schitt’s Creek)

BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR IN A COMEDY SERIES
    Daniel Levy (Schitt’s Creek)

BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS IN A COMEDY SERIES
    Hannah Waddingham (Ted Lasso)

BEST LIMITED SERIES
    The Queen’s Gambit

BEST MOVIE MADE FOR TELEVISION
    Bad Education

BEST ACTOR IN A LIMITED SERIES OR MOVIE MADE FOR TELEVISION
    Paul Mescal (Normal People)

BEST ACTRESS IN A LIMITED SERIES OR MOVIE MADE FOR TELEVISION
    Anya Taylor-Joy (The Queen’s Gambit)

BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR IN A LIMITED SERIES OR MOVIE MADE FOR TELEVISION
    Daveed Diggs (The Good Lord Bird)

BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS IN A LIMITED SERIES OR MOVIE MADE FOR TELEVISION
    Marielle Heller (The Queen’s Gambit)

Have a great day if you see this!

FYC: Ted Lasso

Straight/BLM

Profile picture
    William Gillquist
    Topics:

Early Winner Predictions

Best Drama Series – Better Call Saul (RU: The Crown)
    Best Comedy Series – Schitt’s Creek (RU: Ted Lasso/What We Do In The Shadows)
    Best Limited Series – The Queen’s Gambit (RU: I May Destroy)
    Best TV Movie – Bad Education (RU: Hamilton)
    Best Actor in a Drama Series – Bob Odenkirk (RU: Josh O’Connor)
    Best Actress in a Drama Series – Emma Corrin (RU: Laura Linney)
    Best Supporting Actor in a Drama Series – Tom Pelphrey (RU: Jonathan Banks)
    Best Supporting Actress in a Drama Series – Rhea Seehorn (RU: Julia Garner)
    Best Actor in a Comedy Series – Jason Sudekis (RU: Matt Berry)
    Best Actress in a Comedy Series – Catherine O’Hara (RU: Kaley Cuoco)
    Best Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series – Dan Levy (RU: Harvey Guillen)
    Best Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series – Hannah Waddingham (RU: Annie Murphy)
    Best Actor in a Movie/Limited Series – Mark Ruffalo (RU: Hugh Grant)
    Best Actress in a Movie/Limited Series – Michaela Coel (RU: Anya Taylor-Joy)
    Best Supporting Actor in a Movie/Limited Series – Donald Sutherland (RU: Daveed Diggs)
    Best Supporting Actress in a Movie/Limited Series – Marielle Heller (RU: Uzo Aduba)

FYC Emmys: Ted Lasso (all categories), Wandavision (all categories), The Mandalorian (Best Drama Series), Danny Pudi (Mythic Quest), Maya Erksine (Pen15), Michaela Coel (I May Destroy You), Alan Tudyk (Resident Alien), Antony Starr (The Boys), Daniel Brühl (The Falcon and the Winter Soldier), Ethan Hawke (The Good Lord Bird), Invincible (Animated Program)

Profile picture
    Miles
    Topics:

Disappointed about how lazy BFCA was with the Mrs. America supporting actresses. They nominated the same three as the Emmys, both snubbing Byrne and Paulson.

Profile picture
    TAF
    Topics:

Just to recap some series that were completely ignored: Drama: Killing Eve, Westworld, Ratched, Bridgerton, The Boys, We Are Who We Are, The Good Doctor, His Dark Materials, The Alienist: Angel of Darkness, P-Valley, I Hate Suzie. Comedy: Curb Your Enthusiasm, The Good Place, Black-ish, The Politician, Dickinson, Shameless, Truth Seekers. Limited Series: The Comey Rule, The Haunting of Bly Manor, A Teacher, Stateless, Your Honor, Dirty John (I assume that WandaVision was not eligible).

The only ones that surprise me are The Boys and P-Valley.

I’m sad because they snubbed Ruth Wilson, but it doesn’t surprise me.

Profile picture
    Tyler
    Topics:

These are honestly pretty depressing. It’s great to see overlooked spring contenders get recognition (The Plot Against America, Seehorn, I’m sure Pelphrey) but also with such a desolate television year ahead of us it would’ve been great for the BFCA to give SOMETHING interesting a boost.

neither Pen15 actress gets in, nor Fanning, nor Piper, so I guess prepare to see Allison Janney and Tracee Ellis Ross back at the Emmys. Also eligible in comedies: Search Party!! Why not highlight Alia Shawkat or John Early?

If you’re gonna acknowledge the fairly above average Perry Mason, give a shout-out to its supporting cast! Maslany! Rankin! Rylance!

also, total shutout for We Are Who We Are. What better eligible dramas are their this season besides The Crown? (i haven’t seen the Boys but that point applies here as well).

i guess we should prepare for an Emmys with 3-4 SNL actors in each supporting category, The Crown landing GOT S8 acting noms, Cuoco and Rhys being their shows only acting representation, and more lazy check offs like this.

Profile picture
    Eden
    Topics:

Disappointed about how lazy BFCA was with the Mrs. America supporting actresses. They nominated the same three as the Emmys, both snubbing Byrne and Paulson.

Mrs. America seems like the biggest awards conundrum in years. I’m still thinking that many voters haven’t seen the whole season, if any at all, which is why I haven’t put Aduba in my Globes predictions despite her Emmy win. I just don’t think the HFPA will be too bothered to check her off, especially in a category of five with performers from drama, comedy and limited.

Profile picture
    Kay
    Topics:

Congrats to Lovecraft Country, Ozark, This Is Us, Ted Lasso, The Great and Ramy. Bummed to see Fanning, Moore, Hawke and The Boys snubbed. Ahhhhh TOM PELPHREY YES!

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

i guess we should prepare for an Emmys with 3-4 SNL actors in each supporting category, The Crown landing GOT S8 acting noms, Cuoco and Rhys being their shows only acting representation, and more lazy check offs like this.

What <i>Perry Mason</i>’s haul here tells me is that it could actually do very well (nominations wise) at the Emmys. For a show that got such a mediocre meteoritic score to get into Series and Actor here of all places means to me that it has more appeal and support. I can see it doing very well with the actors at the Emmys (Lithgow also got in here).

nor Fanning, nor Piper,

Fanning can still get in at the Emmys if she gets in at the Globes but sadly I don’t think Piper has a chance at the Emmys. Which is a shame because she truly delivered one of the best performances of the year. Pull through BAFTA.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    forwardswill
    Topics:

Mrs. America seems like the biggest awards conundrum in years. I’m still thinking that many voters haven’t seen the whole season, if any at all, which is why I haven’t put Aduba in my Globes predictions despite her Emmy win. I just don’t think the HFPA will be too bothered to check her off, especially in a category of five with performers from drama, comedy and limited.

I don’t think it’s that big of a conundrum. Emmy voters didn’t watch past episode 4 (by the time they voted anyway) and Critics Choice went copy and paste.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I am quite happy Janet McTeer got in. She kept me in disbelief during the whole of season 3 and was a delight to watch when she came on screen.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

I’m not cool with the Ethan Hawke snub, not cool at all.

For Your Emmy Consideration:
    Matthew Rhys for "Perry Mason" | Ethan Hawke for "The Good Lord Bird", THE GOOD LORD BIRD in ALL CATEGORIES | Elizabeth Olsen and Kathryn Hahn for "Wandavision" | Tobias Menzies for "The Crown" | MJ Rodriguez for "Pose" | Jane Levy for "Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist"

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 262 total)

The topic ‘2021 Critics Choice TV Awards’ is closed to new replies.