Home Forums Television 2021 Critics Choice TV Awards

2021 Critics Choice TV Awards

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 262 total)
Created
9 months ago
Last Reply
2 days ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
braydenfitzsi..
gabspss
  • Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

At least they recognized The Plot Against America, so there’s that.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    alittle03
    Topics:

Love that Jurnee Smollett was nominated. Favorite TV performance this year.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    TAF
    Topics:

What I would like to win:

BEST DRAMA SERIES
    The Good Fight

BEST ACTOR IN A DRAMA SERIES
    Bob Odenkirk (Better Call Saul)

BEST ACTRESS IN A DRAMA SERIES
    Jurnee Smollett (Lovecraft Country)

BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR IN A DRAMA SERIES
    Tom Pelphrey (Ozark)

BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS IN A DRAMA SERIES
    Rhea Seehorn (Better Call Saul)

BEST COMEDY SERIES
    The Flight Attendant

BEST ACTOR IN A COMEDY SERIES
    Jason Sudeikis (Ted Lasso)

BEST ACTRESS IN A COMEDY SERIES
    Christina Applegate (Dead to Me)

BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR IN A COMEDY SERIES
    Mark Proksch (What We Do in the Shadows)

BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS IN A COMEDY SERIES
    Annie Murphy (Schitt’s Creek)

BEST LIMITED SERIES
    The Plot Against America

BEST MOVIE MADE FOR TELEVISION
    Bad Education

BEST ACTOR IN A LIMITED SERIES OR MOVIE MADE FOR TELEVISION
    Paul Mescal (Normal People)

BEST ACTRESS IN A LIMITED SERIES OR MOVIE MADE FOR TELEVISION
    Michaela Coel (I May Destroy You)

BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR IN A LIMITED SERIES OR MOVIE MADE FOR TELEVISION
    John Turturro (The Plot Against America)

BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS IN A LIMITED SERIES OR MOVIE MADE FOR TELEVISION
    Margo Martindale (Mrs. America)

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Chloe Sevigny stan <3
    Topics:

Was Rose Byrnes performance not well received by critics? Because it honestly surprises me how she has been completely forgotten about in what was, to me, one of the best performances on tv last year.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    OneAndOnly
    Topics:

Was Rose Byrnes performance not well received by critics? Because it honestly surprises me how she has been completely forgotten about in what was, to me, one of the best performances on tv last year.

From what we know, people just didn’t watch past the first 3-4 episodes. Aduba and Ullman really only get one episode where they get to show range and those are the third and fourth episodes. Byrne and Paulson get much more to do farther in the season.

Have a great day if you see this!

FYC: Anthony Hopkins- The Father
    FYC: Chadwick Boseman - Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom

Male/Straight/BLM

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    ENGLAND
    Topics:

I want a standing ovation for Tom Pelphrey if he wins.😃

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    gabspss
    Topics:

So y’all are saying they didn’t pass the first four episodes but nominated 4 actors + the show which that much competition in the limited categories?

No, they did watch the whole thing, but were influenced by the Emmys choices. Simple as that.

It's about the chaotic editing in Moulin Rouge!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    marty
    Topics:

Poor Rose Byrne. She deserves more.

Is Letitia Wright going to miss everywhere because of the backlash, I wonder.

FYC:

Best Director - Lee Isaac Chung (Minari), Darius Marder (Sound of Metal)

Lead Actor - Delroy Lindo (Da 5 Bloods), Mads Mikkelsen (Another Round), Riz Ahmed (Sound of Metal)

Supporting Actor - Paul Raci (Sound of Metal)

Supporting Actress - Youn Yuh-jung (Minari)

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    MysticMagix
    Topics:
    1. Poor Rose Byrne. She deserves more. Is Letitia Wright going to miss everywhere because of the backlash, I wonder.

That backlash..ruined her. Her performance is AMAZING

A little bit of Magic never hurt anybody.

~ MYSTIC

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Atypical
    Topics:

Nice to see some amazing programs that the Emmys snubbed last year make it here (like “The Plot Against America”), and some upstarts that I hope lead the fields at the Emmys this year (“I May Destroy You,” “The Queen’s Gambit,” “The Good Lord Bird,” etc.). Ethan Hawke not making it in is pretty abysmal. No “Insecure” in Comedy Series, but Issa Rae in lead actress comedy? “Lovecraft Country” I’m decidedly mixed on, but I’m over the moon for Wummi Mosaku! Come through, Emmys, or at least Golden Globes! No season 2 renewal news, so calling this a drama series when it could be a limited series is iffy. I think “Perry Mason” did get renewed. Expected love for “The Crown,” “Ozark,” “Schitt’s Creek,” etc. Glad to see one awards body recognize Justin Hartley’s great work on “This Is Us”! He suffers from classic “slap the stud” syndrome, which is unfortunate. I hope he stays in supporting where he has better odds of being nominated in the future. Yay for a final Claire Danes mention! She was amazing in the last season of “Homeland” that few people around here actually noticed. Some excellent mentions for Marielle Heller, Daveed Diggs, Dylan McDermott, Michaela Coel, Shira Haas, Morgan Specter, Bob Odenkirk, & Michael Kenneth Williams. Nothing for Noma Dumezweni? It would have been nice to see all four standouts from “The Undoing” nominated. Nicole Kidman should have been an easy choice too. Other bad snubs: Yvonne Orji, Costa Ronin, Zoe Kazan, Jonathan Banks, Hugh Jackman, Amit Rahav, Allison Janney, Mandy Moore, Weruche Opia, Thomas Brodie-Sangster, Aunjanue Ellis, and on and on.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Is Letitia Wright going to miss everywhere because of the backlash, I wonder.

Probably.

I think what really hurt Byrne is that she’s playing such a well respected figure and whilst I thought she was excellent and worthy of a nomination I remember there being a divisive reception towards her performance. I think some may have found it disrespectful to Steinem? Especially considering she spoke out against Mrs. America herself? So perhaps that’s what her? She should have been nominated over all the Mrs. America women in the category (apart from Ullman who imo was the supporting standout).

FYC OSCARS : PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. ACTRESS – Carey Mulligan AND ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY — EMERALD FENNELL), VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", ESSIE DAVIS FOR "BABYTEETH"

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    PeytonKawai
    Topics:

I think what really hurt Byrne is that she’s playing such a well respected figure and whilst I thought she was excellent and worthy of a nomination I remember there being a divisive reception towards her performance. I think some may have found it disrespectful to Steinem? Especially considering she spoke out against Mrs. America herself? So perhaps that’s what her? She should have been nominated over all the Mrs. America women in the category (apart from Ullman who imo was the supporting standout).

Rose Byrne definitely deseves an Emmy.

For me, Byrne>Ullman>Paulson>Martindale>Aduba>Banks

I can’t understand why Aduba won an Emmy, even was nominated over Byrne

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

First Winner Predictions

Comedy Series – Ted Lasso
    Comedy Actor  – Jason Sudeikis
    Comedy Actress – Catherine O’Hara
    Comedy S. Actor – Dan Levy
    Comedy S. Actress – Hannah Waddingham

Drama Series – The Crown
    Drama Actor – Matthew Rhys
    Drama Actress – Emma Corrin
    Drama S. Actor – Tom Pelphrey
    Drama S. Actress – Gillian Anderson

Limited Series – The Queen’s Gambit
    Limited/Movie Actress – Michaela Coel
    Limited/Movie Actor – Paul Mescal
    Limited/Movie S. Actor – Daveed Diggs
    Limited/Movie S. Actress – Marielle Heller
    TV Movie – Hamilton

FYC OSCARS : PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. ACTRESS – Carey Mulligan AND ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY — EMERALD FENNELL), VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", ESSIE DAVIS FOR "BABYTEETH"

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Carlo
    Topics:

Was I Hate Suzie eligible here? If I’m not wrong it was up for SAG and Critics Choice…

I’m also sorry Litte Fires Everywhere will be completly forgotten during these winter awards due to the crazy competition in the limited series categories, because it was a solid show with great performances, especially by Reese Witherspoon.

And there’s The Good Fight. I loved both Wife and Fight, I love the Kings, I love Baranski to death.
    But here the show and Baranski are just name checked.
    After a stellar season 2 Baranski hasn’t been that prominent (it’s a very ensembles show), and with season 4 shortened I don’t see these nomination really earned.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Was I Hate Suzie eligible here? If I’m not wrong it was up for SAG and Critics Choice…

It was indeed 🙁

Come on BAFTA!

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 262 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.