Home Forums Television 2021 Critics Choice TV Awards

2021 Critics Choice TV Awards

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 260 total)
Created
9 months ago
Last Reply
2 days ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
braydenfitzsi..
gabspss
  • Profile picture
    Sériextou
    Topics:

I loved Sarah Paulson’s work on Ratched, especially in the wonderful fourth episode, but the penultimate and last episode gave a drop in character, only to return to the final scene, Ryan Murphy’s classic plot, but I still think Paulson should be nominated. But we have to understand that all of this is subjective, everyone has their own vision.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Ryusei
    Topics:

Can Ozark finally get what it deserves… I wonder. But Laura Linney really has THE worst luck having to share the category with Olivia and Emma.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Can Ozark finally get what it deserves… I wonder.

Yes. It is winning S. Actor.

FYC OSCARS : PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. ACTRESS – Carey Mulligan AND ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY — EMERALD FENNELL), VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", ESSIE DAVIS FOR "BABYTEETH"

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    gabspss
    Topics:

Every since the first Critics Choice, every single Drama Series winner has been the most critically acclaimed drama of the year, so I do think Better Call Saul will win here.

It's about the chaotic editing in Moulin Rouge!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Every since the first Critics Choice, every single Drama Series winner has been the most critically acclaimed drama of the year, so I do think Better Call Saul will win here.

Game of Thrones season 6 with its 73 MC score winning over Better Call Saul (78) and <i>Stranger Things </i>(76) says hi.

FYC OSCARS : PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. ACTRESS – Carey Mulligan AND ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY — EMERALD FENNELL), VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", ESSIE DAVIS FOR "BABYTEETH"

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    smurty11
    Topics:

Was Black is King eligible? If so that was a big oversight.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    DylanMcPhee
    Topics:

Laura Linney really has THE worst luck having to share the category with Olivia and Emma.

A good thing, no? They run the risk of a vote split. I wonder what is taking critics so long to reward Linney for this role.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Viridiana
    Topics:

Was Black is King eligible? If so that was a big oversight.

I don’t know if it was eligible but it really doesn’t fit any category here.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Couverture
    Topics:

Game of Thrones season 6 with its 73 MC score winning over Better Call Saul (78) and <i>Stranger Things </i>(76) says hi.

Eh. That was the first year HBO didn’t send screeners to critics and the reviews were based on the premiere alone. It would most likely be in the 90s like its previous seasons if it was based on the usual first 4/5 episodes. And the show, along with Stranger Things, led the the nominees in the year end critics aggregate list on Metacritic anyway.

There is some truth to Gabriel’s statement, even though I do think The Crown is most likely taking it. The winners usually rank in the upper echelons of critical acclaim and when they don’t they are usually awards catnip (like Maisel or Versace).

Ozark bombed with TCA and in the year end lists. It is also coming off of a rather disappointing Emmy send off and won’t be a big winner with the Globes either. A great nomination haul doesn’t guarantee anything (see This is Us being the most nominated drama last year and still being a complete non-factor).

Maybe BCS is the alternative to The Crown as unlikely as it may seem? First nom for PotY at TCA, best position in the year end lists it ever had and now the most nominations it has ever recieved here. Awarding it would take an unusual amount of singularity on their part, maybe even more than when they skipped awarding Chernobyl in favour of When They See Us. Sticking with The Crown, which is looking like the safest option at the moment.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I agree Better Call Saul (and not Ozark) is the alternative to The Crown but it’s not even GoT winning over The Americans that proves that the most acclaimed show of the season doesn’t necessarily win. Mr Robot was less acclaimed than season 2 of The Leftovers.

I do think we shouldn’t underestimate the possibility that one of Odenkirk or Seehorn win though. Even though I am predicting Rhys and Anderson.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Topics:

I don’t know if it was eligible but it really doesn’t fit any category here.

TV Movie?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Couverture
    Topics:

I agree Better Call Saul (and not Ozark) is the alternative to The Crown but it’s not even GoT winning over The Americans that proves that the most acclaimed show of the season doesn’t necessarily win. Mr Robot was less acclaimed than season 2 of The Leftovers.

The Americans was not nominated that year for anything weirdly so they went with the next best option among the actual nominees, GoT. Mr Robot S1 ranked higher in the aggregate year end lists and both shows’ MC scores were just one point apart so I’d actually disagree there. And yeah, it isn’t always the most acclaimed that wins but as I mentioned in my previous post, it has to at least be up there in the conversation.

I do think we shouldn’t underestimate the possibility that one of Odenkirk or Seehorn win though. Even though I am predicting Rhys and Anderson.

Yeah I’m currently predicting Seehorn with Odenkirk in #2.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

And yeah, it isn’t always the most acclaimed that wins but as I mentioned in my previous post, it has to be at least be up there in the conversation.

Absolutely agree. It’s why I think only The Crown and Better Call Saul stand a chance at a Series win. But still you don’t have to be the most acclaimed show of the year to win as the user insinuated which is what I was disagreeing with. If that was the case then I May Destroy You would be winning here in a landslide (which it should in an ideal world be doing) but we can all agree it won’t necessarily do that when The Queen’s Gambit and Small Axe are also very strong contenders.

Yeah I’m currently predicting Seehorn with Odenkirk in #2.

They could very easily be the Regina King over Olivia Colman and Jean Smart over Meryl Streep of this year. I am predicting Rhys and Anderson but Seehorn and Odenkirk shouldn’t be underestimated.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    mafro987
    Topics:

Mr Robot S1 ranked higher in the aggregate year end lists and both shows’ MC scores were just one point apart so I’d actually disagree there.

Urgh. Thankfully The Leftovers has held up a lot better.

For Your Consideration:

Best International Feature: Instinct (The Netherlands)
    Best Actress: Carice van Houten (Instinct)

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Not people calling The Good Fight nomination a ‘namecheck’. If you want to see what a namecheck is look up the Supporting Actress in a Limited Series category.

Neither <i>The Good Fight </i>nor any of the ladies nominated in supporting actress in a limited series were name-checks.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 260 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.