Home Forums TV 2021 Emmy Awards Episode Submissions

2021 Emmy Awards Episode Submissions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 611 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 week ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
Dominique Dev..
wolfali
Chris Beachum
  • Profile picture
    wilfredpickles
    Topics:

Am I right in thinking that none of the Ted Lasso actors have announced submissions so far? I guess they’ve been busy with the season 2 premiere (and voters have almost certainly seen the whole season anyway), still I wonder how long it will take.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Chris Beachum
    Topics:
    Chris Beachum
    Topics:

We’ve had no info about Ted Lasso titles unfortunately.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Chris Beachum
    Topics:
    estrelas
    Topics:

“Fagan” and “Favourites” were right there…

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Inb4 someone argues for the third year in a row “she sacrificed herself for [insert name here]” lol.

To be honest that’s actually quite a good submission. Wouldn’t have been my personal choice but it is one of the episodes she’s the most prominent in this season and she shares quite a few good scenes with Anderson.

It’s not as bad as last year where she submitted an episode she was in for only the last ten minutes (although that scene was quite good).

FYC: Together in all categories (Actress – Sharon Horgan, Actor – James McAvoy, Original Screenplay), Shiva Baby (Adapted Screenplay, Score), CODA (in all categories esp. S. Actor – Troy Kotsur), Zola (S. Actress – Riley Keough), Together Together (Original Screenplay), The Sparks Brothers (Documentary Feature), Summer of Soul (Documentary Feature)

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Paul.wm
    Topics:

She and Gillan Anderson really should’ve switched episode submissions. Still a better choice than Fagan but not as good as War or Favourites.

FYC: The Underground Railroad, Barry Jenkins, The Crown, Tobias Menzies, Helena Bonham Carter, Emily In Paris(for chaos’s sake)

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

A better choice than Fagan but not as good as War or Favourites.

“War” would’ve been a terrible submission imo. “Fagan” has her best performance by far.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Paul.wm
    Topics:

“War” would’ve been a terrible submission imo. “Fagan” has her best performance by far.

I love Colman, but I’m genuinely perplexed as to why people feel Fagan is her best episode of the season. I fully believe individual scenes can be enough (I defended her episode submission last year) but I don’t feel she has that in Fagan.

FYC: The Underground Railroad, Barry Jenkins, The Crown, Tobias Menzies, Helena Bonham Carter, Emily In Paris(for chaos’s sake)

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Chris Beachum
    Topics:

DRAMA SERIES:

“Bridgerton” – “Diamond of the First Water,” “Shock and Delight,” “Art of the Swoon,” “An Affair of Honor,” “The Duke and I,” “Swish”

“The Boys” – “The Big Ride,” “Over the Hill with the Swords of a Thousand Men,” “We Gotta Go Now,” “The Bloody Doors Off,” “Butcher, Baker, Candlestick Maker,” “What I Know”

“The Crown” – “Balmoral Test,” “Fairytale,” “Favourites,” “Terra Nullius,” “The Hereditary Principle,” “War”

“The Handmaid’s Tale” – “The Crossing,” “Vows,” “Home,” “Testimony,” “Progress,” “The Wilderness”

“Lovecraft Country” – “Sundown,” “Holy Ghost,” “Meet Me in Daegu,” “I Am.,”Jig-a-Bobo,” “Rewind 1921”

“The Mandalorian” – “The Marshal,” “The Heiress,” “The Jedi,” “The Tragedy,” “The Believer,” “The Rescue”

“Pose” – “On the Run,” “The Trunk,” “Take Me to Church,” “Something Borrowed, Something Blue,” “Something Old, Something New,” “Series Finale”

“This Is Us” – “Forty: Part 1,” “Forty: Part 2,” “Birth Mother,” “In the Room,” “Brotherly Love,” “The Adirondacks”

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Rett89
    Topics:

https://www.goldderby.com/article/2021/what-to-watch-on-netflix-olivia-colmans-emmy-episode-entry-for-the-crown/

I guess they prioritized Colman’s screentime with that submission. It’s not a bad submission but I would’ve chosen “Favourites”. Anderson and Colman should’ve switched submissions.

"Ted Lasso," "The Crown," and "The Queen's Gambit" in all categories

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Rett89
    Topics:

“The Crown” – “Balmoral Test,” “Fairytale,” “Favourites,” “Terra Nullius,” “The Hereditary Principle,” “War”

“Fagan” and “48:1” sweeties, I’m so sorry…

"Ted Lasso," "The Crown," and "The Queen's Gambit" in all categories

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

“The Hereditary Principle” over “Fagan”???

FYC: Together in all categories (Actress – Sharon Horgan, Actor – James McAvoy, Original Screenplay), Shiva Baby (Adapted Screenplay, Score), CODA (in all categories esp. S. Actor – Troy Kotsur), Zola (S. Actress – Riley Keough), Together Together (Original Screenplay), The Sparks Brothers (Documentary Feature), Summer of Soul (Documentary Feature)

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Paul.wm
    Topics:

The Hereditary Principal was the second best episode of the season after War imo, glad they submitted it.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

DRAMA SERIES: “The Crown” – “Balmoral Test,” “Fairytale,” “Favourites,” “Terra Nullius,” “The Hereditary Principle,” “War” 

Netflix submitting two of the worst received episodes of the season and snubbing one of the most beloved ones is ridiculous and honestly digusting. “The Hereditary Principle” over “Fagan”?! Are you f*cking serious??!

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 611 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.