Home Forums Television 2021 Emmy Ballots Reactions

2021 Emmy Ballots Reactions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 280 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
replies
views
users
braydenfitzsi..
wolfali
Luca
  • Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Add the Marvel vote since, you know, Veronica loves the word “Endgame.”

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

Camila “Daddy” Mendes is still there.

On the same page as Lizzie Moss.💀

She’s moved up to Lead?

Corrin, Lizzie and everybody else better watch out.

Battlefield1

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Matthew Porter
    Topics:

Finally got access to the performer’s page and am laughing at WV submitting literally every character with a speaking role… even the young actors who played Billy/Tommy lmaoo

Does it help a show to submit that many people? Seems like oversaturating the submissions list would be a net negative rather than a net positive….

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    alokin
    Topics:

Kelly Reilly is unequivocal female lead for Yellowstone and submitted in supporting.

I think ultimately Kelly Reilly made the right call going the supporting route (imo she was borderline lead season 3, so an argument could really be made for either placement). In season 2 (previous Emmys cycle) Reilly had a bit more material to work with (that was also more complex in nature) for which she could’ve been competitive in lead. Sad though that Wendy Moniz Grillo wasn’t submitted; her scene-stealing work as Montana Governor Perry is consistently outstanding and would’ve made her a very worthy Guest Actress nominee!

Exciting nonetheless to see Lin-Manuel Miranda among the list of drama series supporting actors for His Dark Materials! Keeping my fingers crossed come Nominations Day!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    DayneOfStarfall
    Topics:

Finally got access to the performer’s page and am laughing at WV submitting literally every character with a speaking role… even the young actors who played Billy/Tommy lmaoo Does it help a show to submit that many people? Seems like oversaturating the submissions list would be a net negative rather than a net positive….

Seems like every Disney Plus show submitted just about every eligible performer, The Mandalorian even submitted people who don’t even have five minutes of dialogue like the frog lady and the blue armored Mandalorians. I don’t think it will end up hurting WV’s chances as they seem to be only campaigning heavily for the lead categories, which only have Olsen and Bettany, and Kathryn Hahn who is in all likelihood getting into supporting no matter how many other people they submitted.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    That Don Guy
    Topics:

This is strange – I can get Character Voiceover now, but the ones I cannot get are:
    Art Direction
    Cinematography
    Nonfiction Directing
    Nonfiction Picture Editing

Looks like all of the glitches have been fixed – I can access all of the ballots now, so I am assuming that so can everyone else.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    gabspss
    Topics:

Every year when the ballots are out they have these same problems. It’s because of large amount of people trying to access them at the same time, I think.

It's about the chaotic editing in Moulin Rouge!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Chris Beachum
    Topics:

Variety Talk and Variety Sketch categories have been added.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Chris Beachum
    Topics:

Competition Program and Reality Host categories have been added.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Jacob Boe
    Topics:

Can someone explain to me why Mark Hamill and Claire Foy were submitted? They were literally cameos.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    boss
    Topics:

Can someone explain to me why Mark Hamill and Claire Foy were submitted? They were literally cameos.

Voters don’t care about the guest acting categories, so most of the nominees/winners are veteran actors that Academy wants to honor or actors that merely appear in less than 50% of a series contender. As a result, campaign strategists benefit from this.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Turd Ferguson
    Topics:

Invincible MUST be nominated in Animated Program!

Big fan of Better Call Saul, Sex Education, Barry, BoJack Horseman, and, especially, Survivor

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Gabarnes43
    Topics:

Does anyone still have access to the ballots, there no longer appearing on the website

EMMY FYC

The Crown in all categories

Mare of Easttown, Kate Winslet & Julianne Nicholson

IMDY!

Ted Lasso and The Flight Attendant in all categories.

Elisabeth Moss & OT Fagbenle

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Does anyone still have access to the ballots, there no longer appearing on the website

Yeah, I kinda needed them for an article I am writing, but they are indeed no longer available.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

Well, The Crown didn’t have a Guest Actress this season, like Jane last year, and Foy is the previous Queen Elizabeth (and Emmy winner for it). There was also a lot of hype when her guest appearance was announced. So, it kinda makes sense why she was submitted. Also, people have been getting nominations (even wins) for basic cameos, literally every year. Claire isn’t the first and definitely won’t be the last.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 280 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.