Home Forums Television 2021 Emmys: Which Lead of a Series nominee was the biggest snub?

2021 Emmys: Which Lead of a Series nominee was the biggest snub?

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Created
1 week ago
Last Reply
1 week ago
replies
views
users
Victor
JV
Luke_Dias
2021 Emmys: Which Lead of a Series nominee was the biggest snub?
Bridgerton (Phoebe Dynevor)
Cobra Kai (Courtney Henggeler, Ralph Macchio, Xolo Maridueña Mary Mouser AND /
Emily In Paris (Lily Collins)
Pen15 (Maya Eskrine AND / OR Anna Kronkle)
The Boys (Aya Cash, Erin Moriarty, Jack Quaid, Antony Starr AND / OR Karl Urban)
The Handmaid’s Tale (Joseph Fiennes)
The Mandalorian (Pedro Pascal)
The Underground Railroad (Thuso Mbedu)
This Is Us (Milo Ventimiglia AND / OR Mandy Moore)
  • Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

Nine shows nominated for one of the three main Series prizes at the 2021 Emmys featured at least one cast member who was submitted as a Lead but wasn’t nominated

Who was the biggest snub?

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

The PEN15 duo and Antony Starr

FYC Emmys: Get MJ Rodriguez that deserved WIN! And some votes for Elizabeth Olsen, Tobias Menzies and Matthew Rhys will be highly tasteful as well

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

Thuso Mbedu, obviously.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Luke Dias
    Topics:

For The Boys, I’d only consider Urban and Quaid the leads, though I think Starr is most deserving of a nomination.

Some big honorable mentions would be John Boyega and Letitia Wright for Small Axe, and Anthony Mackie for The Falcon and the Winter Soldier.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Benjamonster86
    Topics:

I went with the PEN15 duo though I only predicted Erskine and only wanted Konkle. Of course the biggest lead snub of any series is Ethan Hawke, but he doesn’t qualify with the parameters you gave.

My blog: http://benjamonsterstv.blogspot.com/

My site: https://peaktvdatabase.weebly.com/

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Onion
    Topics:

I’m still confident that Antony Starr and maybe even Aya Cash would’ve been nominated in the supporting categories. Amazon really screwed themselves up with those awful submissions.

FYC Emmys: Hacks, The Handmaid's Tale and The Queen's Gambit for the win!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Kaguya-hime
    Topics:

I’m still confident that Antony Starr and maybe even Aya Cash would’ve been nominated in the supporting categories. Amazon really screwed themselves up with those awful submissions.

To be fair, Starr probably as in 7th this year and wasn’t too far off from lead. The gamble almost paid off. Cash definitely should have been in supporting though.

I’d say the biggest snub is Zabka, not because he’s the most deserving here, but because Kenan is definitely the least deserving performance to make it over someone on this list.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    dawn21
    Topics:

I know it’s an unpopular opinion here but looking at all 3 seasons of Cobra Kai it’s a little wonder that William Zabka doesn’t have a single Emmy (or other major awards) nomination.

I just came across this comment about Cobra Kai today which kind of sums up why I got hooked on it:
    “This show does such an incredible job of humanizing Johnny and making him a tragically empathetic character. It’s almost physically painful experiencing some of the most difficult parts of his story arc, showcasing a wounded man who has built up a tough exterior to hide a broken soul.”

Zabka pulls off the depth and nuance of this character effortlessly on top of being the funniest as well.
    CK Season 3 was my least favourite by far but the setup for Season 4 makes me hopeful for the future.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.