Home Forums Television 2021 SAG TV Awards

2021 SAG TV Awards

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 194 total)
Created
9 months ago
Last Reply
2 weeks ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Gabriel Seeho..
Gabarnes43
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Killing Eve potential vote-split. The Crown potential vote-split. Ozark potential vote-split. Who lives, who dies, who wins? Is Ms Paulson coming like a dark horse? Smollet- Bell? Mandy Moore?

Smollet-Bell won’t even be nominated.

If Killing EveThe Crown and Ozark are the only three shows that have actors nominated individually one of the actors from the three shows is going to miss so I’d expect the other actor from that show that doesn’t get two actors in will win à la Shalhoub.

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", GLENN CLOSE FOR "HILLBILLY ELEGY", ANTHONY HOPKINS FOR "THE FATHER", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    AayaanUpadhyaya
    Topics:

Comedy Ensemble (Wow has this category ever been this empty??)

1. Schitt’s Creek
    2. Dead To Me
    3. Insecure
    4. The Good Place
    5. What We Do In The Shadows

Comedy Actress

1. Catherine O’Hara, Schitt’s Creek
    2. Christina Applegate, Dead to Me
    3. Annie Murphy, Schitt’s Creek
    4. Issa Rae, Insecure
    5. Linda Cardellini, Dead to Me

Comedy Actor (this category feels so empty too)

1. Dan Levy, Schitt’s Creek
    2. Eugene Levy, Schitt’s Creek
    3. Ted Danson, The Good Place
    4. Anthony Anderson, Blackish
    5. Andre Braugher, Brooklyn 99

Drama Ensemble

1. The Crown
    2. Ozark
    3. This is Us
    4. Better Call Saul
    5. Lovecraft Country

Drama Actress

1. Olivia Colman, The Crown
    2. Laura Linney, Ozark
    3. Julia Garner, Ozark
    4. Gillian Anderson, The Crown
    5. Helena Bonham Carter, The Crown

Drama Actor (another empty category I have to predict Bob Odenkirk lol)

1. Jason Bateman, Ozark
    2. Sterling K Brown, This is Us
    3. Bob Odenkirk, Better Call Saul
    4. Josh O’Connor, The Crown
    5. Tom Pelphrey, Ozark

Limited/Movie Actress

1. Cate Blanchett, Mrs. America
    2. Shira Haas, Unorthodox
    3. Kerry Washington, Little Fires Everywhere
    4. Uzo Aduba, Mrs. America
    5. Nicole Kidman, The Undoing

Limited/Movie Actor

1. Mark Ruffalo, I Know This Much is True
    2. Bryan Cranston, Your Honour
    3. Paul Mescal, Normal People
    4. Hugh Grant, The Undoing
    5. Hugh Jackman, Bad Education

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

1. Olivia Colman, The Crown 2. Laura Linney, Ozark 3. Julia Garner, Ozark 4. Gillian Anderson, The Crown 5. Helena Bonham Carter, The Crown

I’m the biggest stan of The Crown on here but has any show that isn’t a Limited Series been nominated for 3 individual actors in one category here?

Also predicting a Killing Eve shut out in this field is bold. I’m guessing you think it’s headed for a Westworld trajectory (just genuinely asking of interest)?

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", GLENN CLOSE FOR "HILLBILLY ELEGY", ANTHONY HOPKINS FOR "THE FATHER", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

I’m the biggest stan of The Crown on here but has any show that isn’t a Limited Series been nominated for 3 individual actors in one category here? Also predicting a Killing Eve shut out in this field is bold. I’m guessing you think it’s headed for a Westworld trajectory (just genuinely asking of interest)?

The Sopranos in 1999.

Profile picture
    Kay
    Topics:

Drama Actress 1. Olivia Colman, The Crown 2. Laura Linney, Ozark 3. Julia Garner, Ozark 4. Gillian Anderson, The Crown 5. Helena Bonham Carter, The Crown

See? who wins?

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

See? who wins?

Definitely not HBC.

Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

I kind of love how SAG is becoming much less of a bellwether for the Emmys. The two biggest acting contenders in their respective genres at the Emmys were completely shut out, and shows that SAG adore like Maisel and The Crown are starting to underwhelm (or only meet the lowest expectations) in acting at the Emmys. You could chalk it up to changes in trends, but it’s not like Succession suddenly had an explosion in attention between January and September. SAG can definitely be much more populist with big name and celebrity obsessions, but the Emmys are definitely starting to think for themselves, and I really love it.

Profile picture
    angel88401
    Topics:

I kind of love how SAG is becoming much less of a bellwether for the Emmys. The two biggest acting contenders in their respective genres at the Emmys were completely shut out, and shows that SAG adore like Maisel and The Crown are starting to underwhelm (or only meet the lowest expectations) in acting at the Emmys. You could chalk it up to changes in trends, but it’s not like Succession suddenly had an explosion in attention between January and September. SAG can definitely be much more populist with big name and celebrity obsessions, but the Emmys are definitely starting to think for themselves, and I really love it.

We love to see it. The Emmys (generally) do a much better job at picking out the talented newcomers and awarding breakout performances that deserve to be recognized. The snubs for both Succession and Watchmen at SAG were egregious, and it’s hilarious that people tried to use those snubs before Emmy nominations actually came out to argue that neither would get that many acting nominations (and then they both blew up lol)

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

But this has kind of always been the case though. Don’t forget these are the same people who kept nominating and awarding GleeThe Big Bang TheoryOrange is the New Black etc long after the Emmys dropped them.

Profile picture
    TVLUVAH
    Topics:

Current SAG Predix:

Comedy Series:
    1. Schitt’s Creek
    2. Dead to Me
    3. Insecure
    4. What We Do in the Shadows
    5. Modern Family
    ~
    6. blackish
    7. The Good Place
    8. Will & Grace

Comedy Actor:
    1. Eugene Levy, Schitt’s Creek
    2. Dan Levy, Schitt’s Creek
    3. Anthony Anderson, blackish
    4. Ted Danson, The Good Place
    5. Ramy Youseff, Ramy
    ~
    6. Ty Burrell, Modern Family
    7. Nicholas Hoult, The Great
    8. Larry David, Curb Your Enthusiasm

Comedy Actress:
    1. Catharine O’Hara, Schitt’s Creek
    2. Annie Murphy, Schitt’s Creek
    3. Christina Applegate, Dead to Me
    4. Issa Rae, Insecure
    5. Lily Tomlin, Grace & Frankie
    ~
    6. Elle Fanning, The Great
    7. Linda Cardelini, Dead to Me
    8. Tracee Ellis Ross, blackish

Drama Series:
    1. The Crown
    2. This is Us
    3. Ozark
    4. Better Call Saul
    5. Killing Eve
    ~
    6. Perry Mason
    7. Ratched
    8. Homeland

Drama Actor:
    1. Sterling K. Brown, This is Us
    2. Jason Bateman, Ozark
    3. Bob Odenkirk, Better Call Saul
    4. Matthew Rhys, Perry Mason
    5. Josh O’Connor, The Crown
    ~
    6. Tobias Menzes, The Crown
    7. Tom Pelphry, Ozark
    8. Mandy Patinkin, Homeland

Drama Actress:
    1. Olivia Colman, The Crown
    2. Laura Linney, Ozark
    3. Helena Bonham Carter, The Crown
    4. Sarah Paulson, Ratched
    5. Julia Garner, Ozark
    ~
    6. Sandra Oh, Killing Eve
    7. Jodie Comer, Killing Eve
    8. Mandy Moore, This is Us

Limited Series/Movie Actress:
    1. Cate Blanchett, Mrs. America
    2. Nicole Kidman, The Undoing
    3. Uzo Aduba, Mrs. America
    4. Reese Witherspoon, Little Fires Everywhere
    5. Kerry Washington, Little Fires Everywhere
    ~
    6. Allison Janney, Bad Education
    7. Margo Martindale, Mrs. America
    8. Holland Taylor, Hollywood

Limited Series/Movie Actor:
    1. Hugh Jackman, Bad Education
    2. Mark Ruffalo, I Know This Much is True
    3. Jim Parsons, Hollywood
    4. Jeff Daniels, The Comey Report
    5. Donald Sutherland, The Undoing
    ~
    6. Paul Mescal, Normal People
    7. Brenden Gleeson, The Comey Report
    8. Hugh Grant, The Undoing

Profile picture
    AayaanUpadhyaya
    Topics:

I’m the biggest stan of The Crown on here but has any show that isn’t a Limited Series been nominated for 3 individual actors in one category here?

I guess my rationale is that there is literally no competition? In normal years I wouldn’t predict three nominations like this, but this is such an empty field, that I won’t be surprised to see this be the lineup.

Also predicting a Killing Eve shut out in this field is bold. I’m guessing you think it’s headed for a Westworld trajectory (just genuinely asking of interest)?

Exactly. I am going for the Westworld trajectory. I know it did well at the Emmys this year, but as I have been saying I think there is very little overlap between SAG and Emmys these days – we just saw Tony Shalhoub lose to Dan Levy. So I am kind of thinking Killing Eve goes the Westworld fashion.

Profile picture
    AayaanUpadhyaya
    Topics:

Definitely not HBC.

Sad but true lol

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Exactly. I am going for the Westworld trajectory. I know it did well at the Emmys this year, but as I have been saying I think there is very little overlap between SAG and Emmys these days – we just saw Tony Shalhoub lose to Dan Levy. So I am kind of thinking Killing Eve goes the Westworld fashion.

I’m glad I’m not the only one who was thinking this! I keep thinking even though the field is emptier that something is off about Killing Eve’s performance this year and that it could face a shut out in this weaker field.

I wonder now though what will happen with Lovecraft Country and Industry now Succession and Watchmen are ineligible. They could get ignored completely or voters could vote for them as a way of saying sorry for snubbing Succession and Watchmen because it seems like Industry and Lovecraft are almost like budget versions (I say this as an expression) of the Succession and Watchmen.

Profile picture
    Kelvin
    Topics:

I see people are still underestimating Octavia Spencer in limited series actress.

Profile picture
    AayaanUpadhyaya
    Topics:

I see people are still underestimating Octavia Spencer in limited series actress.

I actually forgot about her. I don’t know what that says about her chances, but I am not underestimating her so I will make place for her.

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 194 total)

The topic ‘2021 SAG TV Awards’ is closed to new replies.