Home Forums Television 2021 SAG TV Awards

2021 SAG TV Awards

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 194 total)
Created
9 months ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Gabriel (gabs..
Gabarnes43
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I see people are still underestimating Octavia Spencer in limited series actress.

I’m considering her but it’s hard to see her above Aduba, Blanchett, Kidman or Haas.

Both Kerry and Reese could happen here or they both can get snubbed or only Kerry gets in! This Limited/Movie Actress race is so exciting!

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", GLENN CLOSE FOR "HILLBILLY ELEGY", ANTHONY HOPKINS FOR "THE FATHER", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

Post Emmy Predictions 

Comedy Ensemble

• Dead to Me (Netflix)
    • The Good Place (NBC)
    • Insecure (HBO)
    • Ramy (Hulu)
    • Schitt’s Creek (Pop TV)

Drama Ensemble 

• Better Call Saul (AMC)
    • The Crown (Netflix)
    • Killing Eve (BBC America)
    • Ozark (Netflix)
    • This Is Us (NBC)

Comedy Actor 

• Mahershala Ali, Ramy 
    • Ted Danson, The Good Place
    • Dan Levy, Schitt’s Creek 
    • Eugene Levy, Schitt’s Creek 
    • Ramy Youssef, Ramy 

Drama Actor 

• Jason Bateman, Ozark
    • Sterling K. Brown, This Is Us
    • Josh O’Connor, The Crown 
    • Bob Odenkirk, Better Call Saul
    • Tom Pelphrey, Ozark

Limited/TV Movie Actor 

• Bryan Cranston, Your Honor
    • Hugh Grant, The Undoing 
    • Hugh Jackman, Bad Education 
    • Paul Mescal, Normal People 
    • Mark Ruffalo, I Know  This Much Is True 

Comedy Actress

• Christina Applegate, Dead to Me 
    • Linda Cardellini, Dead to Me
    • Annie Murphy, Schitt’s Creek
    • Catherine O’Hara, Schitt’s Creek
    • Issa Rae, Insecure 

Drama Actress

• Gillian Anderson, The Crown 
    • Olivia Colman, The Crown 
    • Jodie Comer, Killing Eve
    • Julia Garner, Ozark
    • Laura Linney, Ozark 

Limited/TV Movie Actress

• Uzo Aduba, Mrs. America 
    • Cate Blanchett, Mrs. America
    • Nicole Kidman, The Undoing
    • Shira Haas, Unorthodox
    • Kerry Washington, Little Fires Everywhere 
    Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

Reese is not happening after getting paid dust at the Emmys. It’ll be Blanchett, Haas, Aduba, possibly Kidman (mostly because The Undoing will have aired close and it’ll be fresh in mind, they always have a recency bias) and then I suppose Kerry. Spencer was dead last at the Emmys and I feel like the miniseries is too much of a flop for SAG to remember it, even if it’s Netflix.

I have her getting in at the GG and I think she could happen here as well, even though I’m not predicting it. SAG loves celebrities and big names and Reese is huge in the industry. Not to mention, she had an incredible year.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

We shouldn’t be surprised if Hillary Swank, Jennifer Connolly, Elle Fanning, Lily Collins or Nicholas Hoult end up John Krasinky-ing themselves here.

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", GLENN CLOSE FOR "HILLBILLY ELEGY", ANTHONY HOPKINS FOR "THE FATHER", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

What’s up with the Uzo predictions? Just because she won the Emmy? I don’t think she’s getting nominated at SAG for this show.

Oscar FYC -- Give Viola Davis her second Oscar!

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

What’s up with the Uzo predictions? Just because she won the Emmy? I don’t think she’s getting nominated at SAG for this show.

They clearly love her so it wouldn’t be that shocking.

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

But supporting co-stars are really only nominated when they’re really capital S standouts or are practically co-leads. The first is debatable, but Aduba is certainly not a co-lead; she’s practically a guest star. They love her, sure, but SAG also has a rotating panel, so it really doesn’t mean anything. They also love Meryl, Nicole and Laura, and we saw what happened earlier this year. There are too many capital L leads in contention IMO for Aduba to pull through.

Oscar FYC -- Give Viola Davis her second Oscar!

Profile picture
    Gabriel (gabspss)
    Topics:

I think PENIS will get nominated here. A lot of buzz and acclaim towards this new season.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I think PENIS will get nominated here. A lot of buzz and acclaim towards this new season.

Not if actors aren’t watching it which we don’t know if they are.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Actors don’t seem to be watching WWDITS and that made it.

Into the acting categories at the Emmys?

No one is saying Pen15 won’t get in to Series at the Emmys. Hell the Emmys are so far away its Leads could get in. However as we saw with Succession it’s not as if it’s very likely Pen15 will get nominated here when its rep amongst actors is untested.

Profile picture
    Gabriel (gabspss)
    Topics:

I wouldn’t predict PENIS in a normal year, but this year is so empty.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I wouldn’t predict PENIS in a normal year, but this year is so empty.

I think What We Do in the Shadows, The Great, Dead to Me, The Good Place, Schitt’s Creek, Insecure and Ramy are likelier.

Profile picture
    Gabriel (gabspss)
    Topics:

The Good Place ain’t gonna happen. The only times a final part of a final season was nominated this category were: 3x winner Sex and the City (2005) and 12x winner 30 Rock (2014).

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

The Good Place ain’t gonna happen. The only times a final part of a final season was nominated this category were: 3x winner Sex and the City (2005) and 12x winner 30 Rock (2014).

Look I’m not rooting for it but how can you say there is no way a show that got nominated for writing and acting in a weak Emmy field is not going to get nominated in a weaker guild field? I mean I don’t see any way Pen15 is ahead of it at SAG or as you’ve stated on the television guild thread that Curb Your Enthusiasm is ahead of it at WGA.

Profile picture
    Gabriel (gabspss)
    Topics:

Curb, unlike Good Place, has a good track record in both SAG and WGA (especially WGA). Curb was never snubbed after they start getting nominations at WGA, Good Place, on the other hand, was snubbed last year, AFTER their first emmy writing nod, and in favor of shows like PENIS, by the way.

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 194 total)

The topic ‘2021 SAG TV Awards’ is closed to new replies.