Home Forums Television 2021 SAG TV Awards

2021 SAG TV Awards

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 194 total)
Created
9 months ago
Last Reply
2 weeks ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Gabriel Seeho..
Gabarnes43
  • Profile picture
    Gabriel Seehorn (gabspss)
    Topics:

Also, I did not say “there’s no way it’s gonna happen”, I said “ain’t gonna happen”. They way you said was like I thought it was 100% not happening, which ain’t true.

Profile picture
    Kay
    Topics:

I wouldn’t predict PENIS in a normal year, but this year is so empty.

Not you calling it penis chile

Profile picture
    Gabriel Seehorn (gabspss)
    Topics:

Not you calling it penis chile

And what is the correct name?

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Curb, unlike Good Place, has a good track record in both SAG and WGA (especially WGA). Curb was never snubbed after they start getting nominations at WGA, Good Place, on the other hand, was snubbed last year, AFTER their first emmy writing nod, and in favor of shows like PENIS, by the way.

Yeah but The Good Place got dropped at WGA in a competitive year where incumbent WGA champions Veep and Maisel , the acclaimed second season of Barry, two time Writing nominee in one year Russian Doll and breakout Spring writing hit Pen15 were all eligible.

Yes The Good Place got dropped at WGA last year but it’s very clear that it has an easier path to a nomination now VeepMaiselBarry and Russian Doll will be ineligible next year and that Schitt’s Creek is ineligible anyway because it’s Canadian. No one said it was above Pen15 (which at the moment I think is the frontrunner at WGA) and I think three time nominee this year What We Do in the Shadows is ahead of it and so is The Great but I highly doubt it’s behind Curb Your Enthusiasm (which despite being on HBO in a weaker field got dropped from the actors branch and failed to get into writing or directing) or Dead to Me (which despite high viewership and airing at the perfect time with a well received season failed to follow up its New Series WGA nom with an Emmy nom for Writing).

I mean saying The Good Place can’t get in at WGA or SAG this year because it got snubbed previously or dropped is like saying despite it getting its Emmy winning supporting player shut out from SAG in a weak field in favour of Sandra Oh that Westworld is ahead of Killing Eve in ensemble or that there is no way This is Us can get into ensemble again this year over Lovecraft CountryPerry MasonRatchedUtopia or We Are Who We Are because it missed last year in an ultra-competitive field.

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", GLENN CLOSE FOR "HILLBILLY ELEGY", ANTHONY HOPKINS FOR "THE FATHER", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    Kay
    Topics:

And what is the correct name?

the girls seem to call it pen fifteen. but I understand…

Profile picture
    Gabarnes43
    Topics:

Post Emmy Predictions

Drama Ensemble:
    Better Call Saul
    The Crown
    Killing Eve
    Ozark
    This is Us

Drama Actress:
    Gillian Anderson, The Crown
    Olivia Colman, The Crown
    Jodie Comer, Killing Eve
    Julia Garner, Ozark
    Laura Linney, Ozark

Drama Actor:
    Jason Bateman, Ozark
    Sterling K Brown, This is Us
    Josh O’Connor, The Crown
    Bob Odenkirk, Better Call Saul
    Tom Pelphrey, Ozark

Comedy Ensemble:
    Dead to Me
    The Good Place
    Insecure
    Ramy
    Schitts Creek

Comedy Actress:
    Christina Applegate, Dead to Me
    Linda Cardellini, Dead to Me
    Annie Murphy, Schitts Creek
    Catherine O’Hara, Schitts Creek
    Issa Rae, Insecure

Comedy Actor:
    Mahershala Ali, Ramy
    Ted Danson, The Good Place
    Dan Levy, Schitts Creek
    Eugene Levy, Schitts Creek
    Ramy Youssef, Ramy

Limited Actress:
    Cate Blanchett, Mrs America
    Rose Byrne, Mrs America
    Daisy Edgar Jones, Normal People
    Shira Haas, Unorthodox
    Nicole Kidmam, The Undoing

Limited Actor:
    Chris Evans, Defending Jacob
    Hugh Grant, The Undoing
    Hugh Jackman, Bad Education
    Paul Mescal, Normal People
    Mark Ruffalo, I Know This Much is True

FYC OSCARS

AMY ADAMS- Best Actress
    The Boys in the Band- Jim Parsons/Screenplay

Profile picture
    Zooey the Dreamer
    Topics:

Yeah but The Good Place got dropped at WGA in a competitive year where incumbent WGA champions Veep and Maisel , the acclaimed second season of Barry, two time Writing nominee in one year Russian Doll and breakout Spring writing hit Pen15 were all eligible.

Yes The Good Place got dropped at WGA last year but it’s very clear that it has an easier path to a nomination now Veep, Maisel, Barry and Russian Doll will be ineligible next year and that Schitt’s Creek is ineligible anyway because it’s Canadian. No one said it was above Pen15 (which at the moment I think is the frontrunner at WGA) and I think three time nominee this year What We Do in the Shadows is ahead of it and so is The Great but I highly doubt it’s behind Curb Your Enthusiasm (which despite being on HBO in a weaker field got dropped from the actors branch and failed to get into writing or directing) or Dead to Me (which despite high viewership and airing at the perfect time with a well received season failed to follow up its New Series WGA nom with an Emmy nom for Writing).

I mean saying The Good Place can’t get in at WGA or SAG this year because it got snubbed previously or dropped is like saying despite it getting its Emmy winning supporting player shut out from SAG in a weak field in favour of Sandra Oh that Westworld is ahead of Killing Eve in ensemble or that there is no way This is Us can get into ensemble again this year over Lovecraft Country, Perry Mason, Ratched, Utopia or We Are Who We Are because it missed last year in an ultra-competitive field.

If The Favourite was not eligible for WGA, why would The Great be?

Profile picture
    AayaanUpadhyaya
    Topics:

What’s up with the Uzo predictions? Just because she won the Emmy? I don’t think she’s getting nominated at SAG for this show.

They absolutely LOVE her. I predicted her Emmy win largely because there is an insane love for her. She is playing Shirley Chisholm and I think voters will nominate her largely due to the narrative as well. Her having the performance doesn’t hurt either.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

If The Favourite was not eligible for WGA, why would The Great be?

The Favourite was written under WGB. The Great is written under WGA if I’m not mistaken.

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", GLENN CLOSE FOR "HILLBILLY ELEGY", ANTHONY HOPKINS FOR "THE FATHER", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Limited Actor: Chris Evans, Defending Jacob Hugh Grant, The Undoing Hugh Jackman, Bad Education Paul Mescal, Normal People Mark Ruffalo, I Know This Much is True

Bryan Cranston is not missing.

Profile picture
    William Gillquist
    Topics:

My Predictions (End of September)

Drama Ensemble
    1. The Crown
    2. This Is Us
    3. Ozark
    4. Perry Mason
    5. Better Call Saul

Drama Actor
    1. Jason Bateman (Ozark)
    2. Josh O’Connor (The Crown)
    3. Sterling K. Brown (This Is Us)
    4. Matthew Rhys (Perry Mason)
    5. Tom Pelphrey (Ozark)

Drama Actress
    1. Olivia Colman (The Crown)
    2. Laura Linney (Ozark)
    3. Gillian Anderson (The Crown)
    4. Julia Garner (Ozark)
    5. Jodie Comer (Killing Eve)

Comedy Ensemble
    1. Schitt’s Creek
    2. What We Do in the Shadows
    3. The Great
    4. Ted Lasso
    5. Dead to Me

Comedy Actor
    1. Eugene Levy (Schitt’s Creek)
    2. Ramy Youssef (Ramy)
    3. Dan Levy (Schitt’s Creek)
    4. Mahershala Ali (Ramy)
    5. Jason Sudekis (Ted Lasso)

Comedy Actress
    1. Catherine O’Hara (Schitt’s Creek)
    2. Christina Applegate (Dead to Me)
    3. Elle Fanning (The Great)
    4. Annie Murphy (Schitt’s Creek)
    5. Issa Rae (Insecure)

Limited Actor
    1. Mark Ruffalo (I Know This Much Is True)
    2. Paul Mescal (Normal People)
    3. Hugh Grant (The Undoing)
    4. Hugh Jackman (Bad Education)
    5. Edgar Ramirez (The Undoing)

Limited Actress
    1. Cate Blanchett (Mrs. America)
    2. Nicole Kidman (The Undoing)
    3. Uzo Aduba (Mrs. America)
    4. Michaela Coel (I May Destroy You)
    5. Shira Haas (Unorthodox)

FYC Oscars: Chloe Zhao (Nomadland), Delroy Lindo (Da 5 Bloods), Mark Rylance (Trail of the Chicago 7), Viola Davis and Chadwick Boseman (Ma Rainey's Black Bottom), Soul (Best Picture, Best Animated Feature Film, and Best Original Screenplay)

FYC Grammys: Circles (Album of the Year), Good News (Record and Song of the Year), Future Nostalgia (Album of the Year), Don't Start Now (Record and Song of the Year), Everything I Wanted (Record and Song of the Year)

Profile picture
    Sir Shaw
    Topics:

Lovecraft Country needs an Ensemble nomination ASAP. Urgh hate that SAG is the group whose always late / misses a first season show.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I was holding myself back on predicting this but unless The Morning Show comes back for SAG I think The Crown is getting nominated thrice in Female Actor and once in Male Actor and I think it might do a full sweep. It has the most buzz right now (and that’s not because Succession isn’t in the race) and will have recency bias which we’ve seen help shows like The Morning Show and The Crown over Big Little Lies and Killing Eve and how it has helped Maisel do so well at SAG for season 3 despite under-performing with actors at the Emmys.

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

The Crown is getting nominated thrice in Female Actor

Yup, same here. The Crown x3 and Ozark x2.

Oscar FYC -- Give Viola Davis her second Oscar!

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

I think Laura stands a good chance regardless. They’ve nominated her since season 1, and on the whole, they love Ozark much more than any other group. It’ll be very interesting though!

Oscar FYC -- Give Viola Davis her second Oscar!

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 194 total)

The topic ‘2021 SAG TV Awards’ is closed to new replies.