Home Forums Television 2021 SAG TV Awards

2021 SAG TV Awards

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 194 total)
Created
10 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Keri Russell ..
Gabarnes43

Also let’s not forget how Schitt’s completely flopped at SAG this year.

I just can’t —

We were not even predicting the show to get O’Hara. And there mixed feelings about it getting ensemble. Levy is the weakest link (still strong) of the main four, so it’s not surprising at all he wasn’t nominated. Henry Winkler and probably ahead him, btw. I actually would the say the show performed great at SAG.

The chaotic editing from Moulin Rouge!

I love it, I love it, I love it, but I also have my problems with it.

Nicole Kidman is amazing in Moulin Rouge!

The film won the Golden Globe and the PGA for Best Motion Picture

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I just can’t — We were not even predicting the show to get O’Hara. And there mixed feelings about it getting ensemble. Levy is the weakest link (still strong) of the main four, so it’s not surprising at all he wasn’t nominated. Henry Winkler and probably ahead him, btw. I actually would the say the show performed great at SAG.

Oh come on! How were most not predicting O’Hara, Levy or ensemble when they were in 7th, 9th and 5th respectively?

I’m done with this blind stanning.

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", AMANDA SEYFRIED FOR "MANK", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    OneAndOnly
    Topics:

Out of interest why do you have Ramirez over Grant and Witherspoon over Washington?

Some members of the HFPA saw The Undoing and they singled out Ramirez, but I can see Grant happening if the show is a big player.

I chose Witherspoon but it’s a toss-up. I think Witherspoon has more good will in the industry and with her 5 snubs yesterday, may get a few more voted. But like I said, toss-up.

Have a great day if you see this!

FYC: Anthony Hopkins- The Father
    FYC: Chadwick Boseman - Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom

Male/Straight/BLM

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

If Succession and THT start/resume filming in September (they are rumoured to be scheduled to resume filming according to their actors and crew) then I think the SAG noms could end up like this :

Drama Ensemble

1. Succession
    2. The Crown
    3. Ozark
    4. Ratched
    5. The Mandalorian

6. The Handmaid’s Tale
    7. Killing Eve
    8. This is Us
    9. Lovecraft Country
    10. Perry Mason

Drama Actor

1. Jeremy Strong
    2. Brian Cox
    3. Jason Bateman
    4. Matthew Rhys
    5. Tobias Menzies

6. Tom Pelphrey
    7. Sterling K Brown
    8. Matthew Macfadyen/Kieran Culkin
    9. Finn Wittrock
    10. Josh O’Connor

Drama Actress

1. Laura Linney
    2. Olivia Colman
    3. Gillian Anderson
    4. Sandra Oh
    5. Sarah Snook

6. Julia Garner
    7. Jodie Comer
    8. Sarah Paulson
    9. Tatiana Maslany
    10. Elisabeth Moss

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", AMANDA SEYFRIED FOR "MANK", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    Gabarnes43
    Topics:

I don’t think The Mandalorian gets Ensemble this year. It will do well in the guilds but not SAG

FYC OSCARS

AMY ADAMS- Best Actress
    The Boys in the Band- Jim Parsons/Screenplay

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

You guys are literally saying it’s not happening at SAG already when it got 2 acting nominations this year and then you’re saying Killing Eve and Better Call Saul will?

I mean sure those two can happen but if you’re underestimating The Mandalorian when it is in the top 5 for Series (and I am not biased because I have never seen a second of the show in my life) then fasten your seatbelts because you’re in for a ride.

Profile picture
    Tyler
    Topics:

You guys are literally saying it’s not happening at SAG already when it got 2 acting nominations this year and then you’re saying Killing Eve and Better Call Saul will?

Ok, the Mandalorian got two nominations in below the line categories for an Emmy favorite and an Oscar winner. Not to diminish their work, and it could totally happen, but chill. Meanwhile Better Call Saul has gotten in to SAG ensemble before and Killing Eve did better at the Emmys this year than any of the 2020 ensemble nominees. They are quite obviously in a much better position.

Profile picture
    Hoster1
    Topics:

Better Call Saul got an ensemble nom for last season and it generally does quite decent with Guilds I think. It should easily be back.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    Gabarnes43
    Topics:

One voice acting nom and a Random Name Check in Guest Actor …

FYC OSCARS

AMY ADAMS- Best Actress

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Ok, the Mandalorian got two nominations in below the line categories for an Emmy favorite and an Oscar winner. Not to diminish their work, and it could totally happen, but chill. Meanwhile Better Call Saul has gotten in to SAG ensemble before and Killing Eve did better at the Emmys this year than any of the 2020 ensemble nominees. They are quite obviously in a much better position.

I wouldn’t be so sure about saying Killing Eve is in a better position to get into Ensemble. I have a feeling that it will be like The Favourite and get its performers in but not be recognised for Ensemble for like 3 people.

BCS could get in though and I am not diminishing that as a possibility. I also think it’s premature to call Esposito an Emmy favourite when before this year he only had been nominated twice and never won. What is perhaps more interesting is the fact that he got in over Dean Norris for Better Call Saul this year in Guest Actor.

Why r u considering Taika’s nom as acting? It is voice acting, so certainly a form of acting, but it has nothing to do with SAG.

In case you didn’t know the actors branch vote in the voice acting category. We’ve seen time and time again how shows shut out at SAG for their first season often get one to two acting nominations and Waititi’s nomination is considered as an acting nomination alongside Esposito’s.

I mean if the Television Academy went for a populist show this year who’s to say SAG won’t?

Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    Kelvin
    Topics:

Comedy Ensemble:
    1. Schitts Creek
    2. Dead to Me
    3. Insecure
    4. The Good Place
    5. Curb Your Enthusiasm

Comedy Actress:
    1. Catherine O’Hara, Schitts Creek
    2. Christina Applegate, Dead to Me
    3. Issa Rae, Insecure
    4. Linda Cardellini, Dead to Me
    5. Annie Murphy, Schitts Creek

Comedy Actor:
    1. Dan Levy, Schitts Creek
    2. Eugene Levy, Schitts Creek
    3. Ted Danson, The Good Place
    4. Ramy Youssef, Ramy
    5. Ben Platt, The Politician

Predicting the marvelous Mrs Maisel to get snubbed is ridiculous

Profile picture
    Gabarnes43
    Topics:

Predicting the marvelous Mrs Maisel to get snubbed is ridiculous

It’s not airing this year

FYC OSCARS

AMY ADAMS- Best Actress

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 194 total)

The topic ‘2021 SAG TV Awards’ is closed to new replies.