June 11, 2014 at 5:22 pm #319279
Okay let’s say you get three wishes that will determine what gets nominated at this years Emmys, what would they be? The only rule is that the actor/show/episode has to be on the ballot so you can’t wish for “Hitting the Fan” to miraculously pick up a nomination.
1. Amy Poehler for Outstanding Directing in a Comedy Series for Broad City: The Last Supper
2. Emily Bett Rickards for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series for Arrow
3. The Legend of Korra for Outstanding Animated ProgramJune 11, 2014 at 5:39 pm #319281
1. Category-confusion doesn’t hurt Orange is the New Black. Seeing it in Comedy Series, Lead Actress (Taylor Schilling), Supporting Actress (Kate Mulgrew), Guest Actress (Uzo Aduba), Writing and Directing would be lovely. I’m only speaking in terms of nominations because my hope for wins is reserved for Veep.
2. The Emmys welcome back The Good Wife in Series, Lead Actress, Supporting Actor (Josh Charles), and Writing, plus a nomination in Directing (a category in which it’s never been nominated).
3. Dean Norris gets in for Supporting Actor. I think he’s safe for the nom, but I’ll be relieved to actually see it.June 11, 2014 at 5:50 pm #319282
Funnily enough, almost all of my wishes involve actresses, so its so hard to narrow it down:
– Emmy Rossum for comedy actress
– Jennifer Carpenter for drama supporting actress
– Hannibal for drama series
Those are probably the definite choices, but I keep going back and ford between them and:
– Vera Farmiga for drama actress, instead of Rossum
– Melissa McBride for drama supporting actress, instead of Carpenter
– The Walking Dead for drama series, instead of Hannibal
Those are the never gonna happen wishes. As for a realistic wish, I´ll just say one:
7 drama series nominees (which according to my predictions would include The Good Wife and Masters Of Sex)…June 11, 2014 at 6:14 pm #319283
– Frances Conroy manages to sneak into Supporting Actress in a Miniseries/Movie for her delightfully campy work in Coven. A true standout supporting performance.
– Modern Family underperforms in the nominations, especially in Supporting Actor, to make room for some guys from Veep and Brooklyn Nine-Nine. And also to signal that they are finally done awarding it Comedy Series.
– Survivor gets back into Reality Competition Program because it richly deserves a nomination after two outstanding seasons. Can we please just not nominate Dancing With the Stars for another year? I’m sure they’ll be fine. Survivor deserves it.June 11, 2014 at 6:16 pm #319284
1. Pedro Pascal gets into Drama Guest Actor for Game of Thrones
2. Charles Dance gets into Drama Supporting Actor for Game of Thrones
3. The Legend of Korra gets into Animated Program, and any of its cast gets into Voiceover Performance.June 11, 2014 at 6:44 pm #319285
1. Arrow for Stunt Coordination
2. At least one of the supporting/Guest actresses gets a nomination for Orange is the New Black
3. Veep gets a writing nomination.June 11, 2014 at 7:07 pm #319286
1. Mad Men recovers all the momentum it lost recently.
2. Tatiana Maslany
3. Sophie Turner is GoT’s female nomineeJune 11, 2014 at 7:26 pm #319287
1. Jon Hamm et. al get Emmys for their final run on Mad Men.
2. Animated shows get into REAL categories.
3. True Detective would go back into Miniseries where it belongs (it’s an anthology show).
FYC: Ready Player One. Sound Editing, Sound Mixing, Visual Effects, Original Score, Production Design, Director and BEST PICTURE (make it happen Oscars!!)June 11, 2014 at 7:28 pm #319288
1. William H. Macy and Emmy Rossum
2. Game of Thrones leads the pack with the most acting nominations (Charles Dance, Lena Headey, and Pedro Pascal are added)
3. Survivor and Jeff ProbstJune 11, 2014 at 7:43 pm #319289
1) Timothy Simons getting in for Veep
2) Game of Thrones doing well with its acting nominees (particularly Pedro Pascal). Also, someone takes over for Emilia Clarke in the Supporting Actress category (who I like in general, but is probably my 4th or 5th favorite female from this season after Turner, Headey, Williams, and maybe Dormer).
3) Josh Charles getting in for The Good Wife.June 11, 2014 at 8:28 pm #319290
Drama Actress: Robin Wright.
director: Robin Wright for House of Cards episode 10
Drama actor: NO nomination for Kevin SpaceyJune 11, 2014 at 9:15 pm #319291
1. Reid Scott in Comedy Supporting Actor (though Timothy Simons joining him would make me ecstatic)
2. The Big Bang Theory left out of the Comedy Series race
3. Kieran Shipka in Drama Supporting ActressJune 11, 2014 at 9:17 pm #319292
1. Review in Comedy Series
2. Matthew Rhys in Drama Actor
3. Andy Daly in Comedy ActorJune 11, 2014 at 9:27 pm #319293
1. Reid Scott for Comedy Supporting Actor
2. Sarah Baker for Comedy Guest Actress
3. Veep for Outstanding Directing/WritingJune 11, 2014 at 9:50 pm #319294
1. Melissa McBride for Best Supporting Actress – Drama in “Walking Dead”
2. Sandra Oh for Best Supporting Actress – Drama in “Grey’s Anatomy”
3. Frances Conroy for Best Supporting Actress – MiniSeries in “American Horror Story: Coven”
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.