Home Forums Television AFI 2020 Predictions

AFI 2020 Predictions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 6 posts - 76 through 81 (of 81 total)
Created
6 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
gabspss
puck05
  • Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

I suppose I’m the only one who finds Lovecraft Country to be a fantastic show.

I’m with you
    I think it’s a marvelous show

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Lovecraft Country was fine. I don’t really have strong opinions or passion for it. Jurnee Smollett, Jamie Chung and Aunjanue Ellis were phenomenal but the narrative choices felt a bit off and the show at times felt like it was trying to be too clever and ultimately failing (a bit like a strange sci-fi show). I guess my feelings towards it are similar to the ones I had to Bodyguard (was absolutely captivated by it in the beginning and found the performances to be excellent but felt underwhelmed by the end). Admittedly I did enjoy the narrative choices in Bodyguard a lot more than I did in Lovecraft so maybe that’s a flawed comparison.

FYC OSCARS : PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. ACTRESS – Carey Mulligan AND ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY — EMERALD FENNELL), VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", ESSIE DAVIS FOR "BABYTEETH"

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Couverture
    Topics:

I wanted to predict Bridgerton but felt it might have aired too late for that. It was obviously getting in otherwise. It’s so happening at other major awards but I feel people are too caught up in their own personal opinions about it to actually see it. This is Shonda’s most well positioned awards contender since Grey’s.

After a small resurgence with CC, Ozark continues to underperform. Good thing I kept it out of Drama series at Globes.

This site will continue to overestimate Insecure and it’ll continue to tank. Globes and SAG next people. The Great is also doing poorly seeing the confidence people have in it.

Time for me to consider Lovecraft more seriously. Unorthodox too I guess.

Btw, no other show deserved that special award more than Small Axe. The robbery.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Btw, no other show deserved that special award more than Small Axe. The robbery.

And all for a recorded musical yuck. Poor I May Destroy You and Small Axe.

FYC OSCARS : PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. ACTRESS – Carey Mulligan AND ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY — EMERALD FENNELL), VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", ESSIE DAVIS FOR "BABYTEETH"

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    smurty11
    Topics:

I love love love the first one and a half episodes. If it was a movie, it would’ve been a classic. I also liked the Korea episode.

As for the rest, there were story beats and unexplained rules of magic that didn’t work for me.

Jamie Chung, Journey Smollett, Wunmi Mosaku and Michael Kenneth Williams deserve an emmy noms.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    AngieJ007
    Topics:

I absolutely loved it.

Considering this year had so much good tv, it’s been a pleasant surprise seeing it getting so much recognition.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 6 posts - 76 through 81 (of 81 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.