Home Forums Television BAFTA TV Awards 2019 Predictions!

BAFTA TV Awards 2019 Predictions!

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
Created
3 weeks ago
Last Reply
1 week ago
replies
views
users
Teridax
I'm New Here,..
wolfali
  • wolfali
    Participant
    Topics:

Here are my predictions for the BAFTA TV Award nominations for 2019. Feel free to post yours below. These predictions are based on what has aired as of 4 September 2018

BEST DRAMA SERIES

Bodyguard (BBC One)

The Innocents (Netflix)

The Durrells (ITV)

Keeping Faith (BBC Wales/BBC One)

BEST MINISERIES
    Collateral (BBC Two)

Ordeal by Innocence (BBC One)

Kiri (Channel 4)

A Very English Scandal (BBC One)

The Woman In White (BBC One)

BEST SINGLE DRAMA

Strike : Career of Evil (BBC One)

Mother’s Day (BBC Two)

BEST ACTOR

John Simm – Collateral
    Richard Madden – Bodyguard

Hugh Grant – A Very English Scandal

Ben Whishaw – A Very English Scandal

Benedict Cumberbatch – Patrick Melrose

BEST ACTRESS

Keeley Hawes – Bodyguard

Carey Mulligan – Collateral

Vicky McClure – Mother’s Day

Anna Maxwell Martin – Mother’s Day

Eve Myles – Keeping Faith

BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR

Bill Nighy and/or Anthony Boyle – Ordeal By Innocence

Charles Dance – The Woman in White

Daniel Mays – Mothers Day

Hugo Weaving – Patrick Melrose

BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS
    Billie Piper – Collateral

Amanda Abbington – Safe

Nicola Walker – Collateral

Jeany Spark – Collateral

BEST MALE COMEDY PERFORMANCE

Charlie Cooper – This Country

Greg Davies – Cuckoo

David Mitchell – Upstart Crow

Peter Kay – Peter Kay’s Car Share

Steve Pemberton – Inside No.9

BEST FEMALE COMEDY PERFORMANCE

Daisy May Cooper – This Country

Sian Gibson – Peter Kay’s Car Share

Saoirse Monica Jackson – Derry Girls

Sharon Hogan – Catastrophe

BEST SCRIPTED COMEDY

This Country (BBC Three)

Cuckoo (BBC Three)

Derry Girls (Channel 4)

Catastrophe (Channel 4)

• This topic was modified 3 weeks ago by  wolfali.
    Teridax
    Participant
    Topics:

I heard the Patrick Melrose finale was actually quite heartfelt, so since these awards are so completely tape-oriented if that is the episode that is submitted the show could both get nominated for and win Miniseries. I want to see Benedict Cumberbatch win here since he criminally never won a Bafta TV Award for Sherlock even though both Martin Freeman and the Emmy-snubbed Andrew Scott deservedly won for the first 2 seasons.

For your Goldderby Film Awards consideration: Isle of Dogs for every category, especially Music Score for Alexandre Desplat!

ReplyCopy URL
    forwardswill
    Participant
    Topics:

Stuff I’ve seen so far this year that’s worthy:

A Very English Scandal in Miniseries, Actor, Supporting Actor
    Kiri in Miniseries, Actress, Supporting Actor, Supporting Actress
    Collateral in Miniseries, Actress, Supporting Actress (Jeany Spark)
    Ordeal by Innoncence in Miniseries, Actor, Supporting Actor, Supporting Actress
    King Lear in Movie, Actor, Supporting Actor, Supporting Actress
    Bodyguard in Series, Actor, Actress
    Call the Midwife in Supporting Actress (Linda Bassett)
    The Durrells in Series
    Killing Eve (if eligible) in Series, Actress x2
    Peter Kay’s Car Share in Situation Comedy, Actor, Actress
    Hang Ups in Situation Comedy, Actor
    Friday Night Dinner in Situation Comedy, Actress

ReplyCopy URL
    I'm New Here, You Don't Know Me
    Participant
    Topics:

Kirir was shit and Ordeal by Innocence was very basic.

I hope to God that Killing Eve is eligible.

ReplyCopy URL
    forwardswill
    Participant
    Topics:

Kiri was incredible and Sarah Lancashire should have been winning the Limited Actress Emmy.

ReplyCopy URL
    Participant
    Topics:

British crime drama is slowly becoming stale. Everything is so predictable and gritty and they are all blurring into one show. Kind of like how network TV in America is just one medical/cop drama after another.

Sarah Lancashire is a god of TV with Happy Valley and deserves all the Emmys for that. I hope she gets a career boost like Olivia Colman (Camilla maybe?) and get an Oscar nomination.

ReplyCopy URL
    forwardswill
    Participant
    Topics:

British crime drama is slowly becoming stale. Everything is so predictable and gritty and they are all blurring into one show. Kind of like how network TV in America is just one medical/cop drama after another.

Have you seen Line of Duty?

ReplyCopy URL
    Participant
    Topics:

I have. It is shows like Line of Duty and Happy Valley that are pushing British crime drama further away from mediocrity and into more quality-driven content. Line of Duty is great and maybe one day it’ll win a BAFTA.

ReplyCopy URL
    Teridax
    Participant
    Topics:

I have. It is shows like Line of Duty and Happy Valley that are pushing British crime drama further away from mediocrity and into more quality-driven content. Line of Duty is great and maybe one day it’ll win a BAFTA.

What about Peaky Blinders? EVERYONE who I know has seen it LOVES it and while it is in a period setting it is still a crime drama. My dad called it “The Sopranos with Irish gangs.”

For your Goldderby Film Awards consideration: Isle of Dogs for every category, especially Music Score for Alexandre Desplat!

ReplyCopy URL
    Participant
    Topics:

What about Peaky Blinders? EVERYONE who I know has seen it LOVES it and while it is in a period setting it is still a crime drama. My dad called it “The Sopranos with Irish gangs.”

No I haven’t seen Peaky Blinders. I have seen Taboo however and it is amazing.

(But watch Wentworth, it’s better than any of these shows)

ReplyCopy URL
    Teridax
    Participant
    Topics:

My dad saw the whole show Taboo and thought it was just weird but liked Tom Hardy in it. I saw the first episode and thought it was really well-produced (that Emmy nod for Supporting Visual Effects was deserved IMO) but didn’t feel like continuing it. Wentworth looks like Orange Is The New Black with the women’s prison setting. Is it better than that show?

ReplyCopy URL
    Participant
    Topics:

My dad saw the whole show Taboo and thought it was just weird but liked Tom Hardy in it. I saw the first episode and thought it was really well-produced (that Emmy nod for Supporting Visual Effects was deserved IMO) but didn’t feel like continuing it. Wentworth looks like Orange Is The New Black with the women’s prison setting. Is it better than that show?

It’s a complete drama in comparison to the dark comedy of OITNB. Season 1 is weak until the end. Season 2 onwards it is very good, just look at the IMDb scores.

ReplyCopy URL
    Teridax
    Participant
    Topics:

It’s a complete drama in comparison to the dark comedy of OITNB. Season 1 is weak until the end. Season 2 onwards it is very good, just look at the IMDb scores.

Thanks for warning me about Season 1. I wanna check out Detectorists on Netflix but I keep forgetting to. Too much TV!

ReplyCopy URL
    Ivo Stoyanov
    Participant
    Topics:

Your dad was too kind, Taboo is the worst written show that I have ever seen, there is no plot at all. Hardy is doing a very hallow character, he mostly makes animal sounds and noises. I watched the entire show and is more like a parody. I am glad that many critics agree with me, because there are some that like how pretentious is. And from now on, I will never take the criticism of Macca towards THT seriously since he finds this amazing…

ReplyCopy URL
    Participant
    Topics:

lol

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.