Home Forums Television BAFTA TV Awards 2019 Predictions

BAFTA TV Awards 2019 Predictions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 393 total)
Created
8 months ago
Last Reply
2 days ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
forwardswill
gabarnes43
  • Anonymous
    Topics:

lol

lolx what?

ReplyCopy URL
    Macca
    Participant
    Topics:

lol

lolx what?

Ivo talks about not considering my critique of THT plausible because I liked Taboo, while I’m doing the same thing because he hates Taboo.

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

lol

lolx what?

Ivo talks about not considering my critique of THT plausible because I liked Taboo, while I’m doing the same thing because he hates Taboo.

I just don’t find any Ivo critique “plausible” because I find him and several others on here but recently especially him to be quite a dick with him greatly overvaluing his own subjective opinions.

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

Does anyone think the hype for there finally being a female doctor in Doctor Who could help Jodie Whitaker to land a surprise nod? What about Black Mirror? I can’t wait for Series 5 but don’t know when it is returning.

ReplyCopy URL
    Macca
    Participant
    Topics:

Does anyone think the hype for there finally being a female doctor in Doctor Who could help Jodie Whitaker to land a surprise nod? What about Black Mirror? I can’t wait for Series 5 but don’t know when it is returning.

I think Black Mirror will return syart of next year. Matt Smith got a nomination for his first season of Doctor Who so why not Whitaker?

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

I think Black Mirror will return syart of next year. Matt Smith got a nomination for his first season of Doctor Who so why not Whitaker?

I can’t wait for more Black Mirror. I thought Arkangel was decent, mostly redeemed by the ending. Black Museum was my personal favorite. USS Callister was awesome but the ending left a little something to be desired, hard to explain actually. I just didn’t care for Milioti’s character in the real world never finding out about her digital copy clone and where Plemons’ character ended up. Metalhead I am trying very hard to forget the stupid and indefensible end reveal of. Crocodile was depressing and nothing else. I had the hardest time remembering Hang The DJ even existed! LOL, I laugh at how overrated that one got. It was solid but paled in comparison to the romance episode from the previous season “San Junipero” and even on its own terms felt too YA-Adaptation-y at times.

ReplyCopy URL
    wolfali
    Participant
    Topics:

Actor, Supporting Actor and Supporting Actress for whom in Ordeal by Innocence. If you haven’t mentioned her, I also think Anna Chancellor also deserves a nod.

FYC Emmys 2019 : Phoebe Waller–Bridge ("Fleabag") for Best Actress in a Comedy Series, Gillian Anderson ("Sex Education") for Best Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series, "Killing Eve" for Best Drama Series, Sandra Oh ("Killing Eve") for Best Actress in a Drama Series, Bradley Walsh ("Doctor Who") for Best Supporting Actor in a Drama Series, Fiona Shaw ("Killing Eve") for Best Supporting Actress in a Drama Series, "Maniac", "A Very English Scandal" and "Mrs Wilson in all eligible categorie

ReplyCopy URL
    wolfali
    Participant
    Topics:

Thing is, why were David Tennant, John Simm and Catherine Tate snubbed for Doctor Who? I think John Simm is possibly more worthy than Michelle Gomez…

FYC Emmys 2019 : Phoebe Waller–Bridge ("Fleabag") for Best Actress in a Comedy Series, Gillian Anderson ("Sex Education") for Best Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series, "Killing Eve" for Best Drama Series, Sandra Oh ("Killing Eve") for Best Actress in a Drama Series, Bradley Walsh ("Doctor Who") for Best Supporting Actor in a Drama Series, Fiona Shaw ("Killing Eve") for Best Supporting Actress in a Drama Series, "Maniac", "A Very English Scandal" and "Mrs Wilson in all eligible categorie

ReplyCopy URL
    wolfali
    Participant
    Topics:

Vanity Fair could get nominations for Best Actress for Olivia Cooke?

ReplyCopy URL
    wolfali
    Participant
    Topics:

How is Killing Eve? Is it worth BAFTA glory?

ReplyCopy URL
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Participant
    Topics:

Never gonna happen but season 2 of Ackley Bridge was fantastic and deserves to be recognised. It probably won’t. Sigh

ReplyCopy URL
    forwardswill
    Participant
    Topics:

I just watched the first episode of Wanderlust. Hilarious. Toni Collette is on incredible form.

ReplyCopy URL
    wolfali
    Participant
    Topics:

I just watched the first episode of Wanderlust. Hilarious. Toni Collette is on incredible form.

Is it good enough for her to get a nod/will she get a nod though?

ReplyCopy URL
    forwardswill
    Participant
    Topics:

Is it good enough for her to get a nod/will she get a nod though?

Depends if it goes Comedy or Drama. If Comedy, I’d bet on her getting a nod.

ReplyCopy URL
    wolfali
    Participant
    Topics:

Just watched the first episode of Killing Eve. I think it will get nominated if BAFTA take the view (like they did for the Crown) that it is British made.

But anyway it should be nominated for:

Best Actress – Sandra Oh
    Best Actress – Jodie Comer
    Best Drama – Killing Eve
    Best Writer – Phoebe- Waller Bridge

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 393 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.