Home Forums Television Casting Society TV Nominees 2018

Casting Society TV Nominees 2018

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
replies
views
users
leothescorpio
Mukund
Diet Teridax
  • leothescorpio
    Participant
    Topics:

Television Pilot & First Season — Comedy
    Atypical
    Barry
    GLOW
    The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel
    Young Sheldon

Television Pilot & First Season — Drama
    Claws
    Ozark
    The Chi
    The Deuce
    The Looming Tower

Television Series — Comedy
    Atlanta
    Better Things
    Dear White People
    Grace and Frankie
    Insecure

Television Series — Drama
    Game of Thrones
    The Americans
    The Crown
    The Handmaid’s Tale
    This Is Us

Limited Series
    American Crime Story: The Assassination of Gianni Versace
    Black Mirror
    Godless
    Patrick Melrose
    The Sinner

Feature Film — Non-Theatrical Release
    Fahrenheit 451
    Flint
    Menendez: Blood Brothers
    The Kissing Booth
    Paterno

More here

leothescorpio
    Participant
    Topics:

GLOW, Ozark, The Looming Tower, Atlanta & The Americans. YAAS.

So happy Atypical, Insecure and Dear White People got some love from somewhere!

ReplyCopy URL
    Mukund
    Participant
    Topics:

So, they didn’t drop Game of Thrones after all. On a side note, where the hell is Westworld?

ReplyCopy URL
    Diet Teridax
    Participant
    Topics:

https://deadline.com/2018/09/artios-awards-casting-society-america-nominations-game-of-thrones-the-deuce-carousel-1202468210/

Go to the link yourself if you want to see the other nominees. Here is what I would vote for of the nominees I have seen that I actually care about, which are highlighted in bold.

TELEVISION PILOT AND FIRST SEASON – COMEDY
    Atypical – Bernard Telsey, Tiffany Little Canfield, Josh Einsohn, Ryan Bernard Tymensky (Associate), Rachel Dill (Associate)
    Barry – Sherry Thomas, Sharon Bialy, Stacia Kimler (Associate
    GLOW – Jennifer Euston, Elizabeth Barnes, Seth Caskey (Associate)
    The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel – Jeanie Bacharach, Cindy Tolan, Anne Davison (Associate) Betsy Fippinger (Associate)
    Young Sheldon – Nikki Valko, Ken Miller, Peter Pappas

TELEVISION PILOT AND FIRST SEASON – DRAMA
    Claws – Cathy Sandrich Gelfond, Jenn Presser, Meagan Lewis (Location Casting)
    Ozark – Alexa L. Fogel, Tara Feldstein Bennett (Location Casting), Chase Paris (Location Casting), John Ort (Associate)
    The Chi – Carmen Cuba, Christal Karge (Location Casting), Marisa Ross (Location Casting), Judith Sunga (Associate), Jenn Noyes (Associate)
    The Deuce – Alexa L. Fogel, Kathryn Zamora-Benson (Associate)
    The Looming Tower – Avy Kaufman

TELEVISION SERIES COMEDY
    Atlanta – Alexa L. Fogel, Tara Feldstein Bennett (Location Casting), Chase Paris (Location Casting), Kathryn Zamora-Benson (Associate)
    Better Things – Felicia Fasano, Tara Nostramo (Associate)
    Dear White People – Kim Coleman Grace and Frankie – Tracy Lilienfield, Emily Towler (Associate)
    Insecure – Victoria Thomas

TELEVISION SERIES DRAMA
    Game of Thrones – Nina Gold, Robert Sterne, Carla Stronge (Location Casting)
    The Americans – Rori Bergman, Dayna Katz (Associate)
    The Crown – Nina Gold, Robert Sterne
    The Handmaid’s Tale – Sharon Bialy, Sherry Thomas, Russell Scott, Robin D. Cook (Location Casting), Jonathan Oliveira (Associate)
    This Is Us – Bernard Telsey, Tiffany Little Canfield, Josh Einsohn, Ryan Bernard Tymensky (Associate)

LIMITED SERIES
    American Crime Story: The Assassination of Gianni Versace – Nicole Daniels, Courtney Bright
    Black Mirror – Jina Jay, Henry Russell Bergstein (Additional U.S. Casting), Stephanie Gorin (Location Casting)
    Godless – Ellen Lewis, Jo Edna Boldin (Location Casting), Rene Haynes (Native American Casting, Helen Geier (Location Casting), Kate Sprance (Associate), Marie A.K. McMaster (Associate)
    Patrick Melrose – Nina Gold
    The Sinner – Cami Patton, Jennifer Lare, Stephanie Holbrook, Henry Russell Bergstein, Douglas Aibel, Tracy Kilpatrick (Location Casting), Blair Foster (Associate)

FILM – NON THEATRICAL RELEASE
    Fahrenheit 451 – Douglas Aibel, Henry Russell Bergstein, Robin D. Cook (Location Casting), Jonathan Oliveira (Associate)
    Flint – Susan Edelman
    Menendez: Blood Brothers – Brett Greenstein, Collin Daniel, Sherie Hernandez (Associate)
    The Kissing Booth – Gary M. Zuckerbrod, Mito Skellern (Location Casting)
    Paterno – Ellen Chenoweth, Susanne Scheel (Associate)

LIVE TELEVISION PERFORMANCE, VARIETY OR SKETCH COMEDY
    A Christmas Story Live – Bernard Telsey, Tiffany Little Canfield, Rachel Hoffman, Rachel Dill (Associate)
    Drunk History – Melissa DeLizia
    Jesus Christ Superstar Live in Concert – Bernard Telsey, Patrick Goodwin Nickelodeon’s Sizzling Summer Camp Special – Julie Rose, Ann Maney, Lindsay Klein (Associate)

CHILDREN’S PILOT AND SERIES (LIVE ACTION)
    A Series of Unfortunate Events – David Rubin, Corinne Clark (Location Casting), Jennifer Page (Location Casting), Andrea Bunker (Associate) Alexa & Katie – Sally Stiner, Barbie Block
    Andi Mack – Amber Horn, Danielle Aufiero, Steven Tylor O’Connor (Associate)
    Fuller House – Alexis Frank Koczara, Christine Smith Shevchenko, Gianna Butler (Associate)
    School of Rock – Suzanne Goddard-Smythe

TELEVISION ANIMATION
    Big Mouth – Julie Ashton-Barson
    Bob’s Burgers – Julie Ashton-Barson
    Boss Baby – Ania O’Hare
    Rick and Morty – Ruth Lambert, Robert McGee
    SpongeBob Squarepants – Gene Vassilaros
    Trolls: The Beat Goes On – Ania O’Hare, Ruth Lambert, Robert McGee

Note to myself: Don’t ever feed the trolls. Don’t get involved in others drama. Don’t let myself be swayed by others predictions, trust my gut more often!

Note to all others: If you don’t happen to like me, ignore me. It is that simple.

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Interesting that the casting directors dropped Stranger Things and Westworld before This is Us (and The Americans). So it was some combination of the directors and the producers that resulted in the opposite outcome in the casting category at the Emmys. Getting these nominations a couple of weeks sooner would have made the casting win by The Crown slightly less surprising.

Pretty disappointing that even with all of the extra slots, American Vandal could still not get a nomination for its stellar casting. This group did not award Stranger Things last year, so maybe casting directors do not really care for the challenges of casting children and that is more of a director and producer perception.

I like seeing what is on the periphery of the industry with all of these extra slots. It makes snubs all the more glaring. black-ish and Silicon Valley were notably bumped from last year’s lineup. This is yet another blow for Mindhunter. The Tale also missed an easy nomination.

"I don't even believe in god, but I'm going to thank her tonight."

ReplyCopy URL
    Guest 2018
    Participant
    Topics:

Television Series — Comedy
    Atlanta
    Better Things
    Dear White People
    Grace and Frankie
    Insecure

What a crock. Grace and Frankie? Really? Crock of shit.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.