Home Forums Television COMEDY 2020

COMEDY 2020

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 199 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +3 hidden )
replies
views
users
thatnerdgreg
Riley Chow
Guest 2018
  • Profile picture
    Gabriel P. (gabspss)
    Topics:

Malcolm in the Middle and Modern Family won 2 times in a row and never got nominated again. My Name Is Earl also won and never got a nom again either. I think Maisel will enter in that list easily.

Profile picture
    jacob121
    Topics:

Yeah it’s crazy that they’re doing that when it’s the simplest thing to reason: last year it missed writing in a field of seven.

I think this statement is pretty blatantly ignoring the disparities in the fields between this year and last.

Not really trying to get in an argument about it or anything it just seems like a no-brainer. More points for me I guess.

Profile picture
    forwardswill
    Topics:

I think this statement is pretty blatantly ignoring the disparities in the fields between this year and last.

Not really trying to get in an argument about it or anything it just seems like a no-brainer. More points for me I guess.

Didn’t say I wasn’t predicting it. But the argument for why it quite easily couldn’t get nominated is plain and obvious to me. I won’t be burying my head in the sand on this one. If it submits too many episodes again, I’ll be taking it out.

Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

COMEDY WRITING
    Dead to Me
    The Good Place – “Patty” (Megan Amram)
    The Good Place – “Whenever You’re Ready” (Michael Schur)
    The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel – “It’s Comedy or Cabbage” (Amy Sherman-Palladino)
    Run – “Run” (Vicky Jones)
    Schitt’s Creek – “Happy Ending” (Dan Levy)
    SPOILER: Space Force (Greg Daniels and Steve Carell)

COMEDY DIRECTING
    The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel – “It’s the Sixties, Man!” (Dan Attias)
    The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel – “Marvelous Radio” (Daniel Palladino)
    One Day at a Time
    Run – “Run” (Kate Dennis)
    Space Force
    SPOILER: Curb Your Enthusiasm

COMEDY WRITING
    Dead to Me
    Space Force (Greg Daniels and Steve Carell)
    Pen15

SPOILER: The Good Place – “Patty” (Megan Amram)

COMEDY DIRECTING
    The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel – “It’s the Sixties, Man!” (Dan Attias)
    The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel – “Marvelous Radio” (Daniel Palladino)
    Run – “Run” (Kate Dennis)
    Space Force
    Will and Grace

SPOILER: Curb Your Enthusiasm, One Day at a Time

FYC Emmys : Jodie Comer ("Killing Eve"), Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials"), Russell Tovery ("Years and Years"), Helena Bonham Carter ("The Crown") & The Crown, His Dark Materials, Years and Years, Succession and The Affair in all categories. The Politician : Ben Platt, Gwyneth Paltrow, Bette Midler and Judith Light.

FYC Goldderby Awards : MAURA TIERNEY AND DOMINIC WEST FOR THE FINAL SEASON OF THE AFFAIR

Profile picture
    boss
    Topics:

COMEDY WRITING Dead to Me Space Force (Greg Daniels and Steve Carell) The Good Place – “Whenever You’re Ready” (Michael Schur) The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel – “It’s Comedy or Cabbage” (Amy Sherman-Palladino) Pen15 Run – “Run” (Vicky Jones) Schitt’s Creek – “Happy Ending” (Dan Levy)

It won’t be ready.

Profile picture
    jacob121
    Topics:

Is it just one day at a time and will & grace, I guess, competing for the multi cam directing slot? Are there any other possibilities?

I hate this rule.

Profile picture
    Potatohead
    Topics:

Is it just one day at a time and will & grace, I guess, competing for the multi cam directing slot? Are there any other possibilities? I hate this rule.

Agreed, there aren’t even enough programs to properly compete for the slot.

COMEDY WRITING Dead to Me The Good Place – “Patty” (Megan Amram) The Good Place – “Whenever You’re Ready” (Michael Schur) The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel – “It’s Comedy or Cabbage” (Amy Sherman-Palladino) Run – “Run” (Vicky Jones) Schitt’s Creek – “Happy Ending” (Dan Levy) SPOILER: Space Force (Greg Daniels and Steve Carell) COMEDY DIRECTING The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel – “It’s Comedy or Cabbage” (Amy Sherman-Palladino) The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel – “It’s the Sixties, Man!” (Dan Attias) The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel – “Marvelous Radio” (Daniel Palladino) One Day at a Time Run – “Run” (Kate Dennis) Space Force SPOILER: Curb Your Enthusiasm

I find it pretty unlikely that The Good Place becomes a double writing Emmy nominee. Never had a lot of support, and they might just solely submit the finale.

Profile picture
    Emmyfan
    Topics:

I wonder if Louie Anderson will get nominated for Supporting Actor for Baskets.

Profile picture
    Guest 2018
    Topics:

COMEDY WRITING
    Dead to Me
    The Good Place – “Patty” (Megan Amram)
    SPOILER: Space Force (Greg Daniels and Steve Carell)

It’s possible. Amram is the show’s ace writer (with Jen Statsky a close 2nd) and it was no accident the producers saved her for the next-to-last episode, since it was a given Schur would write and direct the finale.

Profile picture
    Guest 2018
    Topics:

Well, just about scratch Space Force debuting on Netflix in April. The service’s preliminary schedule just came out last night;

https://www.whats-on-netflix.com/coming-soon/whats-coming-to-netflix-in-april-2020-03-21/

Profile picture
    forwardswill
    Topics:

Well, just about scratch Space Force debuting on Netflix in April. The service’s preliminary schedule just came out last night;

https://www.whats-on-netflix.com/coming-soon/whats-coming-to-netflix-in-april-2020-03-21/

Profile picture
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Topics:

Is it just one day at a time and will & grace, I guess, competing for the multi cam directing slot? Are there any other possibilities?

I hate this rule.

Mom?

Is “The Ranch” still on?

Profile picture
    forwardswill
    Topics:

I’d predict Mom due to visibility but it always submits too many episodes. They should just submit one – this year that could easily just be the most recent one as they could start the ballot synopsis with “150th episode”

Profile picture
    Guest 2018
    Topics:

So you reposted my story about Netflix’s April schedule merely to bold-type “preliminary”, and nothing else? Shit, that’s really deep diving into the petty-a-palooza swamp, isn’t it? That’s 30 seconds or so of your life you’ll never get back.

Imagine if I had left out ‘preliminary’. 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 199 total)

The topic ‘COMEDY 2020’ is closed to new replies.