Home Forums Television Creative Arts Emmys 2018: Saturday’s live winners announcing in all categories

Creative Arts Emmys 2018: Saturday’s live winners announcing in all categories

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 8 posts - 616 through 623 (of 623 total)
Created
2 weeks ago
Last Reply
1 week ago
( +16 hidden )
replies
views
users
Teridax
I'm New Here,..
Joyce Eng
  • Pulp
    Participant
    Topics:

Someone check the actual episode!

She’s not credited as music supervisor in the credits.

ReplyCopy URL
    I'm New Here, You Don't Know Me
    Participant
    Topics:

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Seems illegal then.

"I don't even believe in god, but I'm going to thank her tonight."

ReplyCopy URL
    Pulp
    Participant
    Topics:

Seems illegal then.

You should definitely bring it to someone’s attention.

ReplyCopy URL
    Mukund
    Participant
    Topics:

Seems illegal then.

I don’t think Amanda would like that…

ReplyCopy URL
    Teridax
    Participant
    Topics:

Seems illegal then.

Damn! According to IMDB we have got a MAJOR case of blatant fraud here, I believe on purpose! Surely the showrunner would know who the freaking music supervisor was, right?! This is complete bullshit, Robin Urdang would still be the credited winner, but use all your connections Riley! Rules are rules, and this obvious a disregard for them will have to result in (I hate to say it) confiscated Emmys. I would say “poor Amy and her husband) but they should have known better than to try and pull this shit. You can’t fool everyone all the time.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6975526/fullcredits/?ref_=tt_ov_st_sm

Music Department
    Bob Bowen … Executive in Charge of Music
    Melyssa Hardwick … executive in charge of music
    Robin Urdang … music supervisor

That’s it. Literally IT. No mention of Amy Sherman Palladino or Daniel Palladino anywhere. Either IMDB needs to update on the likely Comedy Series winner or we just caught a complete violation of Emmy rules. I believe the latter, sadly.

For your Goldderby Film Awards consideration: Isle of Dogs for every category, especially Music Score for Alexandre Desplat!

ReplyCopy URL
    AayaanUpadhyaya
    Participant
    Topics:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsWrSMOCxVU

Don’t know if anyone posted this yet, but I love Wiley’s reaction <3

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:

As for limited series (talked about comedy and drama previously), I have mixed feelings about the strength of American Crime Story. On the one hand, it got as many wins as the other Outstanding Limited Series nominees combined. That makes me think that Ryan Murphy might actually have a shot this time.

It seems that the pocket of passionate support for Twin Peaks is just too small. With vote-splitting taking out American Crime Story in editing, it was either Black Mirror or Twin Peaks and the latter still could not get it. It also lost sound editing to Black Mirror. The good news for Twin Peaks is that Black Mirror is not in directing and that was always going to be Twin Peaks‘ best shot anyway. It seems that getting the nomination is the hard part for Black Mirror. It has seldom not won an award that it has been nominated at the Emmys or in the last guild run. There is a show with a large enough base of passion. Godless is the opposite. It is seeming like it got all of its nominations on visibility. And it still missed key categories like editing and sound mixing, not to mention that Netflix shrewdly abandoned a lead actor campaign at some point.

People point to how American Crime Story did about the same as last time at the Creative Arts in terms of number of wins, but I would argue that it under-performed. First of all, American Crime Story got five last time and four this time. Second, it faced heavier competition last time (Fargo season 2 and The Night Manager). Third, its wins this time were in less indicative categories and more the result of its showier crafts. Both seasons won casting and hairstyling. The People v. O.J. Simpson took editing, sound mixing and short-form series. The Assassination of Gianni Versace took costumes and makeup. Except for casting, all of The Assassination of Gianni Versace‘s wins were for very specific achievements. The People v. O.J. Simpson won in four broad-based categories where the voters tend to just go with their favourite programs.

Like how did Genius pick up two wins? This season was worse, not as many people saw it and based on its nominations, the Emmy voters did not even like it as much. Even The Alienist beat The Handmaid’s Tale and The Crown to take an award, so this is more of a scattered race than expected. I have had a sinking feeling about Godless and predicted that Black Mirror would take sound editing and was worried that it would also lose cinematography, which it did. It also lost limited music to March of the Penguins. All of this is not great at all. But my point is that even with Godless so weak, American Crime Story still did not really clean up.

"I don't even believe in god, but I'm going to thank her tonight."

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 8 posts - 616 through 623 (of 623 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.