Home Forums Television Creative Arts Emmys 2020 Predictions

Creative Arts Emmys 2020 Predictions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 66 total)
Created
2 weeks ago
Last Reply
3 days ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Rachel
Riley Chow
  • Profile picture
    Rachel
    Topics:

It was snubbed for the outstanding season 6 soundtrack (Light of the Seven!!)

If I remember correctly, Ramin Djawadi messed up on his submission that year.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Allan Veríssimo
    Topics:

I just realized that His Dark Materials didn’t receive any nominations, not even Main Title Design.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Topics:

Hopefully it wins the corresponding award at BAFTA this week. Say what you what about the show but those opening titles were phenomenal.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Rachel
    Topics:

I just realized that His Dark Materials didn’t receive any nominations, not even Main Title Design.

The music in His Dark Materials is so amazing. Main Title Design is quite the snub.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Couverture
    Topics:

Hopefully it wins the corresponding award at BAFTA this week. Say what you what about the show but those opening titles were phenomenal.

It already did last week. It also won for Visual Effects.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    AayaanUpadhyaya
    Topics:

Will be worth it if Leslie Jones presents.

LOLOLOL

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

The music in His Dark Materials is so amazing. Main Title Design is quite the snub.

Especially when Unorthodox’s title music is nominated over it lol.

FYC Emmys : THE MARVELOUS MRS. MAISEL, SUCCESSION AND THE CROWN IN ALL CATEGORIES. Tony Shalhoub ("Maisel"), Cate Blanchett ("Mrs. America"), Matthew Macfadyen, Jeremy Strong, Sarah Snook ("Succession"), Tracey Ullman ("Mrs. America") and Louis Gossett Jr. ("Watchmen")

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Rachel
    Topics:

Especially when Unorthodox’s title music is nominated over it lol.

It’s also in first place…

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Rachel
    Topics:

Here is The Mandalorian’s selection for Outstanding Music Composition. It’s from the episode, “Redemption”:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4vtTeqzC4o

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    diego
    Topics:

The score of this series was really good. The competition in this category is tough but Ludwig Göransson has a real shot to have 3/4 of his EGOT after the Emmys.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Rachel
    Topics:

The score of this series was really good. The competition in this category is tough but Ludwig Göransson has a real shot to have 3/4 of his EGOT after the Emmys.

That’s what I’m thinking. I wasn’t a fan of The Crown’s submission. This is really a two-way race between Ludwig Göransson and Nicholas Britell.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    thedemonhog
    Topics:

I am losing any sleep over that category. Predicting The Mandalorian because its soundtrack is popular brings back memories of people jumping over to the more popular “This is Me” away from “Remember Me” in Coco, which was already winning Best Animated Feature.

Another easy call for me is Watchmen in music supervision. The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel has won the last two years and the last time before Watchmen that I recall music supervision being so acclaimed was Big Little Lies, so I understand why these are our top two. But one of them is winning series and one is not, so I go with the series winner.

I am taking a big risk in drama guest actor by going with the nominee who ranks last in the odds. I understand why Andrew Scott is the frontrunner, but Black Mirror seems to have no heat left (and it used to have a ton). I mean, winning as the only nomination for the fifth season of a show? That is just not something that happens. Of course none of the others make sense, hence Scott is such a frontrunner, so I am defaulting to Ron Cephas Jones. He won two years ago and the guy who beat him is gone (and proved strong enough to move up to a supporting nomination). If they can keep going back to Margo Martindale and Cherry Jones on the actress side for merely showing up, I do not see why they cannot default to Ron Cephas Jones in a scattered field.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Gabriel Seehorn (gabspss)
    Topics:

Another easy call for me is Watchmen in music supervision. The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel has won the last two years and the last time before Watchmen that I recall music supervision being so acclaimed was Big Little Lies, so I understand why these are our top two. But one of them is winning series and one is not, so I go with the series winner.

I would say Euphoria’s music is far more popular than Watchmen, no? Last year at the Creative Arts Emmys the two presenters of Music Supervision were actresses from Euphoria and they even made a little speech talking about the music supervisor of the show. Euphoria also won the guild and it’s screams music supervision since the very beginning. I would say the Music Composition of Watchmen is better than Euphoria.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    mafro987
    Topics:

The acclaim for Watchmen’s supervision centres on a single episode (‘This Extraordinary Being’) while Euphoria’s is more consistently spread across the season. The award is episodic, giving Watchmen the advantage.

Watchmen’s music composition however blows everything else out of the water, and would win the category even if Watchmen was in drama.

For Your Consideration:

Best International Feature: Instinct (The Netherlands)
    Best Actress: Carice van Houten (Instinct)

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    DvirBA
    Topics:

If Watchmen actually wins best title design like Prediction Center suggests (and like what will probably happen eventually) over Westworld it will be a little bit disgusting

It’s literally an After Effects slide

Succession for Outstanding Drama Series, Emmys 2020

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 66 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.