Home Forums Television Creative Arts Emmys 2020 predictions (Event closes 9/14 at 4:00 PT)

Creative Arts Emmys 2020 predictions (Event closes 9/14 at 4:00 PT)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 81 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Rachel
Riley Chow
  • Profile picture
    Gabriel (gabspss)
    Topics:

I think Watchmen deserves main title. It’s more creative than Westworld, just sayin’.

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

Thinking Euphoria might take all those music awards, at least one.

Profile picture
    sofan
    Topics:

If Succession beats Ozark, The Crown and The Mandalorian here and in other categories I think it is undeniable. However if it loses to any of those four shows I might start to question whether it is that SAFE for Series (unless it wins a bunch below the line as well).

I assume you are talking about Succession here, so, it doesn’t have that many below the line nominations (unless you include guest acting categories in BTL nominations) between writing, directing, acting, and series 13 of their 18 nominations are above the line.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I assume you are talking about Succession here, so, it doesn’t have that many below the line nominations (unless you include guest acting categories in BTL nominations) between writing, directing, acting, and series 13 of their 18 nominations are above the line.

What I meant was if it beats The Mandalorian in Music Composition and beats The Crown/Ozark in Casting then I think it’s sweeping. However if it loses any of those awards (more specifically the latter) I might question whether there are limits to its sweep (i.e. if The Crown or Ozark win Casting are they winning Directing).

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", AMANDA SEYFRIED FOR "MANK", ANTHONY HOPKINS FOR "THE FATHER", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    smurty11
    Topics:

Music Predictions:
    Music Supervision: Insecure
    Music and Lyrics: All for Us – Euphoria
    Musical for Limited Series: Watchmen
    Music for Series: The Mandalorian

My vote for “Insecure” might be more of a hope-diction because its been stellar for its entire run. That and “The Americans” have had the best music supervision I’ve ever seen in a series. It’s terrible how Maisel has a stronghold on that category; not when there are random ’70s and ’80s songs put in the show despite the ’60s time period.

Also Ludwig Goransson’s score for The Mandalorian is just as iconic as his Black Panther score. It deserves all the awards.

Profile picture
    Couverture
    Topics:

I think Watchmen deserves main title. It’s more creative than Westworld, just sayin’.

Love Watchmen but girl, what? Could you elaborate?

Profile picture
    Rachel
    Topics:

I’d actually go with Carnival Row’s main title design but that’s just me.

Profile picture
    leothescorpio
    Topics:

Music Predictions:
    Music Supervision: Insecure
    Music and Lyrics: All for Us – Euphoria
    Musical for Limited Series: Watchmen
    Music for Series: The Mandalorian

My vote for “Insecure” might be more of a hope-diction because its been stellar for its entire run. That and “The Americans” have had the best music supervision I’ve ever seen in a series. It’s terrible how Maisel has a stronghold on that category; not when there are random ’70s and ’80s songs put in the show despite the ’60s time period.

Also Ludwig Goransson’s score for The Mandalorian is just as iconic as his Black Panther score. It deserves all the awards.

Insecure is highkey overdue for that win tbh

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I’d actually go with Carnival Row’s main title design but that’s just me.

I honestly don’t mind in thie category but His Dark Materials really should have been here.

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", AMANDA SEYFRIED FOR "MANK", ANTHONY HOPKINS FOR "THE FATHER", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    Kehinde
    Topics:

Bojack Horseman needs to win this time best best animated programm. It’s the last season!

Profile picture
    wilfredpickles
    Topics:

I’m hopedicting it but the animators aren’t known for being sentimental. Last year’s Simpsons win still hurts

Profile picture
    Reis
    Topics:

It would be so deserving. I watched season 1 this weekend and already added 14 songs on my playlist and just discovered that Solange Knowles serves as music consultant!

Profile picture
    Emil Petrov
    Topics:

Who is winning Visual Effects? Mandalorian? Stranger Things? Westworld? All three deserve it!

Profile picture
    DvirBA
    Topics:

Who is winning Visual Effects? Mandalorian? Stranger Things? Westworld? All three deserve it!

I’m afraid Westworld will be shut out almost completely, if they didn’t even manage to get into Music Composition. The support for this show seems to be weak even in categories they are head and shoulders above their competition.

My bet will be on Mandalorian

Profile picture
    Riley Chow
    Topics:

The Mandalorian won at the Visual Effects Society over Game of Thrones.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 81 total)

The topic ‘Creative Arts Emmys 2020 predictions (Event closes 9/14 at 4:00 PT)’ is closed to new replies.