Home Forums Television Critics Choice Awards 2018 TV Reactions

Critics Choice Awards 2018 TV Reactions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
Created
9 months ago
Last Reply
8 months ago
replies
views
users
Guest2014
jf123
Riley
  • Guest2014
    Participant
    Topics:

Tomorrow night, folks. From an airplane hangar. Who will crash and burn? Reactions thusly once 8PM rolls around.

Eden
    Participant
    Topics:

I couldn’t find the separate topic, so I’m posting it here. Any predictions for tonight? Many of the nominations were a joke, as if someone randomly picked up names from a bowl. I could see another round of repeat winners for The Handmaid’s Tale, Big Little Lies and Sterling K. Brown, so I’m not really interested.

And I just realized the prediction center is closed and I was planning to go through my predictions again. I have some pretty silly predictions and I didn’t even put any super bets. Oh, well.

ReplyCopy URL
    Teridax
    Participant
    Topics:

I took a gamble on Kumail Nanjiani winning for Silicon Valley. It will be a way to make sure he gets something since he clearly isn’t winning for The Big Sick, even though the show is missing a Comedy Series nomination this year.

Thank you for starting this much-needed thread. 🙂

For your Goldderby Film Awards consideration: Isle of Dogs for every category, especially Music Score for Alexandre Desplat!

ReplyCopy URL
    AwardsConnect
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Fingers crossed for Michael McKean!

For the finest in film reviews and awards analysis, please visit me at The Awards Connection!

ReplyCopy URL
    TVFan365
    Participant
    Topics:

Which categories do you guys think will be televised?

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Walton Goggins!

So, so deserved. Should have won last year too.

"I don't even believe in god, but I'm going to thank her tonight."

ReplyCopy URL
    Guest2014
    Participant
    Topics:

Let’s go #TeamCockroach (those who saw the similarly named episode of The Good Place will know what I’m talking about). This has been a shithole day with a shithole president making shithole comments and making Americans feel like shitholes. C’mon, Ted and Kristen, upset the applecart tonight.

ReplyCopy URL
    unbb24
    Participant
    Topics:

What can you guys say about the TV winners so far? They are literally almost repeating the Golden Globe winners.

ReplyCopy URL
    jf123
    Participant
    Topics:

Can we stop pretending like these awards exist? Maybe if the ratings tank, they will get their shit together and actually put critics back in the organization instead of just journalists

Give Paul Thomas Anderson an Oscar.

ReplyCopy URL
    Nate
    Participant
    Topics:

I think that all of the TV awards have now been handed out.

In comedy, it really looks like TMMM could contend at the Emmys, although its absence from the SAG awards may cause some fading from memory. I doubt that Danson and Goggins will ride these wins to Emmy nods and Bialik feels like old news, but depending on who is ultimately eligible, anything could really happen.

In drama, THT continues its run. Season 2 has a lot to live up to and I am curious if Harbour can convert his last year of goodwill into an Emmy this fall.

And in longform, BLL sweeps through again and I’m glad to see TWOL win something, even if it is in the throwaway TV Movie category. i suspect De Niro will hold off Skarsgård at SAG, though.

• This reply was modified 8 months, 2 weeks ago by  Nate.
    ReplyCopy URL
    Guest2014
    Participant
    Topics:

Every time I get my hopes up that this is gonna be the awards show that finally honors Kristen Bell, and every time, Lucy pulls the football out of Charlie Brown’s reach. Every goddamn time. I should know better, but I’m an eternal optimist. After tonight, I hate Rachel Brosnahan with the heat of a billion suns.

ReplyCopy URL
    DonnaLyaman
    Participant
    Topics:

After tonight, I hate Rachel Brosnahan with the heat of a billion suns

Kristen Bell herself can’t be this bitter.

ReplyCopy URL
    Guest2014
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m a fan, Donna. And KB would be much too classy to say out loud what I’m feeling right now. I guess just three words will do:

Marvelous. My. Ass.

ReplyCopy URL
    Phillippo
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m a fan, Donna. And KB would be much too classy to say out loud what I’m feeling right now. I guess just three words will do: Marvelous. My. Ass.

Watch. The. Show. Before. Spouting. Nonsense.

ReplyCopy URL
    jf123
    Participant
    Topics:

Its so frustrating to see what these awards have become. Remember when Southland did really well here? Remember when Monica Potter won? Remember when Carrie Coon won!? I find it appalling that this award shows has come to this. Nominated Modern Family and The Big Bang Theory for Comedy Series! Hell, even SAG stopped nominated them! Ed ONeil for Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series!! I really hope the BTJA get their shit together and try to get back some of the television critics (like Mo Ryan, Ken Tucker, etc). I think they do have potential, like Ted Danson finally got a prize for The Good Place! Thats great! Walton Goggins is a great win too! But basically reacting the Emmys/Globes is embarrassing for them

• This reply was modified 8 months, 2 weeks ago by  jf123.

Give Paul Thomas Anderson an Oscar.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.