Home Forums Television Critics Choice Awards 2020 TV

Critics Choice Awards 2020 TV

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 100 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
replies
views
users
Guest 2018
Brayden Fitzs..
Riley Chow
  • jacob121
    Participant
    Topics:

Snook is on the board! Kind of crazy but I am doing a NGNG prediction for her at the Globes.

Happy to see Watchmen continue to do well and to see an animated nod for Undone.

Overall, these are pretty uninspired for an alleged critics group. Many of the highest rated shows and best regarded performances are missing in favor of things like “Evil” and “The Unicorn.”

No Josh O’Connor in supporting is disappointing.

Mom? Sometimes I forget that this is the same group that was obsessed with TBBT for years.

ReplyCopy URL
    Mukund
    Participant
    Topics:

Witherspoon, Oh and Moss are in trouble if we go by that logic (which I’m not). Also unless she gets in at SAG, Aniston and TMS are officially dead in the water.

I don’t see how that’s comparable to my post but ok.

ReplyCopy URL
    boss
    Participant
    Topics:

Overall, these are pretty uninspired for an alleged critics group. Many of the highest rated shows and best regarded performances are missing in favor of things like “Evil” and “The Unicorn.”

Evil is actually great.

ReplyCopy URL
    Bridgian
    Participant
    Topics:

Many of the highest rated shows and best regarded performances are missing in favor of things like “Evil” and “The Unicorn.”

Colter is very deserving. If we should be complaining about bad nominees in that category it should be Harrington, not Colter. Also, critics love Walton Goggins so that isn’t shocking.

ReplyCopy URL
    musterd
    Participant
    Topics:

Kit Harrington over Brian Cox is a travesty.

BLL missing even with 3 acting noms and Crudup being the lone Apple+ nominee – poor Reese.

ReplyCopy URL
    Kay
    Participant
    Topics:

Congratulations to “The Good Fight”, “Succession” and “This Is Us”. I would’ve loved for Brian Cox and Kieran Culkin to get nominated and for Matthew Macfadyen to repeat his nomination from last year. This is the first award show to recognise Justin Hartley and they’ve repeated his nomination from last year. Great!

Asante Blackk was a pleasant surprise, he’s good in episode 7 “The Dinner and the Date”.

ReplyCopy URL
    boss
    Participant
    Topics:

I want Russell Tovey to be this year’s Ben Whishaw.

ReplyCopy URL
    Sab227
    Participant
    Topics:

How the fuck did they nominated harington ing actor and not Clarke In actress who easily acted circles around him, she basically had to act against his lifeless body and he gets the nomination

ReplyCopy URL
    Sab227
    Participant
    Topics:

Also- so excited for Annie Murphy!!! I feel like of the core four of the show she’s often forgotten but I think she’s absolutely hysterical

I’m excited for her to, I jumped for joy when I read she was finally nominated and shes easily the second best thing about schitts Creek the first obviously being O’Hara

ReplyCopy URL
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Participant
    Topics:

Nice to see The Kelly Clarkson Show up for Best Talk Show (the only daytime show nomination)

ReplyCopy URL
    Carlo
    Participant
    Topics:

So happy for This Is Us! It’s impressive for a network show on its fourth season.

I’m sad for the Jennifer Aniston snub. TMS was on the radar (Cudrup) but lead actress really it’s a bloodbath. I’m sure she was next in line.

ReplyCopy URL
    Tyler
    Participant
    Topics:

wait- Big Little Lies didn’t get in series

ReplyCopy URL
    Turd Ferguson
    Participant
    Topics:

How did Jesse Plemons get in but not Aaron Paul?

Big fan of Better Call Saul, Sex Education, Barry, BoJack Horseman, and, especially, Survivor

ReplyCopy URL
    Guest 2018
    Participant
    Topics:

What the eff is David Makes Man? It’s an Oprah network series drama created by Oscar winning screenwriter Tarell Alvin McCraney (“Moonlight”). centering “on a teenage prodigy who lives in the projects of South Florida but attends a magnet school for academically gifted youngsters. David straddles two different worlds, navigating between the streets that raised him and the school that offers him a way out of poverty.”

They namechecked Oprah!

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley Chow
    Keymaster
    Topics:

I’m sad for the Jennifer Aniston snub. TMS was on the radar (Cudrup) but lead actress really it’s a bloodbath. I’m sure she was next in line.

No, that was a conscious snub, plus they already included their next-in-line to have eight nominees. This nomination was getable.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 100 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.