Home Forums Television Drama Guest Categories-2016 Emmys

Drama Guest Categories-2016 Emmys

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 104 total)
Created
3 years ago
Last Reply
2 years ago
replies
views
users
Riley
jf123
leothescorpio
  • jf123
    Participant
    Topics:

Here are contenders I think you can make a good arguement for getting a nom at this point:
    Chris Rock-Empire
    Marisa Tomei-Empire
    Christopher McDonald-The Good Wife
    Margo Martindale-The Good Wife
    Jane Curtin-The Good Wife
    Christine Lahti-The Good Wife
    Kate Burton-Scandal
    Cynthia Nixon-The Affair
    Kathleen Chalfant-The Affair
    Josh Stamberg-The Affair
    Alison Janney-Masters of Sex
    Mary Steenburgen-Orange is the New Black
    Whoopi Goldberg-Law and Order SVU
    Femke Janssen-How to Get Away with Murder
    Diana Riggs-Game of Thrones
    BD Wong-Mr Robot
    Natasha Lyonne-Orange is the New Black
    Nina Hoss-Homeland 
    Ann Dowd-The Leftovers
    Judy Greer-Masters of Sex
    Sarah Silverman-Masters of Sex
    Jerry O’Connell-Billions
    Michael J. Fox-The Good Wife
    Pablo Schrieber-OITNB
    Joel Kinnaman-House of Cards
    Reg E Cathey-House of Cards
    Katie Holmes-Ray Donovan

Guest Actress:
    Alison Janney-Masters of Sex
    Diana Riggs-Game of Thrones
    Margo Martindale-The Good Wife
    Marisa Tomei-Empire
    Cynthia Nixon-The Affair 
    Katie Holmes-Ray Donovan

Guest Actor: 
    BD Wong-Mr. Robot 
    Michael J. Fox-The Good Wife 
    Pablo Schriber-OITNB
    Reg E Cathey-House of Cards
    Jerry O’Connell-Billions
    Joel Kinnaman-House of Cards

Did I miss anyone? Post your predictions! 

Give Paul Thomas Anderson an Oscar.

David Buchanan
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Margo Martindale will be ineligible for the Drama Guest Actress category because she has already appeared in 11 episodes of the 22 episode season of The Good Wife.  She will be appearing in the next episode, too, so there’s no question that she’s exceeded the 50% rule.

Based on her run of luck at the Emmys, I wouldn’t be surprised if she got into Supporting Actress, though. She has a decent submission with “Iowa”, the only episode that really gave her much material to sink her teeth into. What a crime it would be, though, for her to be nominated in this category over Christine Baranski, or even win…

Formerly known in the forums as PianoMann.

ReplyCopy URL
    David Buchanan
    Keymaster
    Topics:

I think we should give some serious consideration to Kate Burton for her performance on Madam Secretary. The series has not yet been on the Emmy radar, but Burton certainly is and was nominated just a few years back for her scene-chewing on Scandal. She has a similarly loud and emotional role in the Secretary episode “Invasive Species” dealing with the death of a loved one and secrets about their life and cause of death. Based on her name along and her recent history with the awards, I wouldn’t be surprised to see her pop up here.

Formerly known in the forums as PianoMann.

ReplyCopy URL
    Denis
    Participant
    Topics:

I am team Kinnaman all the way, should’ve had at least two nominations for “The Killing”.

ReplyCopy URL
    Rooney Moore
    Participant
    Topics:

Ian McShane, Max von Sydow and Jonathan Pryce- Game of Thrones. The first one will play a very little role(probably a glorified cameo) and I don’t think he is beloved enough to be name-checked for doing nothing, and the other two will probably be ineligible since they will likely appear in more than 4 episodes but you never know with that show.

And didn’t Viola Davis say last year that she would make sure to bring Mama Ophelia(Cicely Tyson) back to the board next season for HGAWM?

I appreciated the new rules designed for this category, and it’ll be fun to keep track on who’s eligible and who’s not from now on.
    Tyson and Alda were the only real ”guests” nominated for this category last year, though. I used to have a problem with that and wanted TV Academy to invent a rule that would prevent actors submit themselves for the same role more than once in these categories(because it’s called guest and you would be a recurring if you appear in more than one season) But on the other hand, these categories would be a complete wasteland if you eliminate them, so I’m actually okay with guest categories being a place to acknowledge the supporting performers that are not prominent enough to compete there. Kinda like Featured categories at the Tonys.
    The real interesting thing will be to see which one of the regular but underutilized cast members of shows will fall into these categories.

Tnx for the thread.

ReplyCopy URL
    DCurrie
    Participant
    Topics:

And didn’t Viola Davis say last year that she would be sure to bring Mama Ophelia(Cicely Tyson) back to the board next season for HGAWM?

Yes. Even though it hasn’t been officially announced, Mama Ophelia is supposed to return for at least AN episode before season ends. I actually really hope they push Famke Janssen hard. She’s been a revelation, and should just make the criteria in terms of episodes, depending on how many she’s in of the remaining 6….

ReplyCopy URL
    AMG
    Participant
    Topics:

Colin Donnell is great in The Affair too.

He plays Scotty, and the last couple of episodes of Season 2, he is brilliant there, a great ‘villainous’ shade to the drama. 

ReplyCopy URL
    leothescorpio
    Participant
    Topics:

There is no way Chris Rock is losing a popular vote to someone named B.D Wong.

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

#EmmysSoStraightAndNonAsian.

ReplyCopy URL
    Rooney Moore
    Participant
    Topics:

Guest Actress-Drama slowly becoming the new Lead Actor-Comedy.

With all 4 older veterans from previous year(sans Alexander) being poised to return again+Cameo queen Ellen Burstyn-HoC joining the farce; there is only one room left for an inspiring choice.

If Martindale and/or Rigg are nominated again,they will be the only actors in this category that are nominated 4 times for the same role. 
    Other categories can go on on their own but these little ones need panels on the nominating round to stop being a joke ASAP.

ReplyCopy URL
    leothescorpio
    Participant
    Topics:

Martindale will not be eligible to compete as Guest Actress as she’s been in more than half of the season of TGW. Oscar winner Marisa Tomei could hopefully get nominated here.

ReplyCopy URL
    jf123
    Participant
    Topics:

There is no way Chris Rock is losing a popular vote to someone named B.D Wong.

BD Wong has worked with a lot of people and is liked by a lot of people in the industry and has a pretty diverse filmography going back to the 1980s. And his role is 100000x more acclaimed than Rock on a show that has way better Emmy chances that Empire this year

Give Paul Thomas Anderson an Oscar.

ReplyCopy URL
    Rooney Moore
    Participant
    Topics:

Martindale will not be eligible to compete as Guest Actress as she’s been in more than half of the season of TGW. Oscar winner Marisa Tomei could hopefully get nominated here.

She will be eligible for The Americans. She said the writers will bring her back for season 4.

ReplyCopy URL
    Hubert_K
    Participant
    Topics:

I hope Bd Wong will get there. This is short but very strong and intense preformance.

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

Patti Lupone should easily win Drama Guest Actress category but knowing the Emmys she won’t even be nominated. 

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 104 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.