Home Forums Television Emilia Clarke And Kit Harrington Snubbed Emmys 2018

Emilia Clarke And Kit Harrington Snubbed Emmys 2018

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
replies
views
users
Mukund
Luca Giliberti
Tyler
  • Kord Dkt
    Participant
    Topics:

While I’ve been watching Got 7 I was preparing the Emmys already in my head.

i Understand why Emilia Clarke was not nominated in the Leading Category and to me this is her own fault, she’s a part of one of TV’s big ensemble cast and nowhere she was lead in the last season. There are some episodes which singled out her and she could have easily get a nod, for exemple the 6th, in which the Dragon has been killed or The Spoils Of War (Ep4) . I don’t understand why she has to feel like she could compete in leading category

About Kit, he’s clearly not lead, If one can be considered as lead it will be Lena. I feel like he should have stayed in his lane, he could have easily get a nomination submitting all episodes specially the 3 last.

What are your thoughts about their snub?

Luca Giliberti
    Participant
    Topics:

I didn’t think either deserved to be nominated in the lead categories. I just rewatched season 7 and realized that Harington is not a great actor. He’s good but he has scenes where he tries a bit too hard. I love Clarke in 7×04, which I am guessing would have been her submission. My only problem with her is that she is giving the same performance year after year. She practically has the same facial expression throughout the entire series. That’s not entirely her fault though – the writers haven’t layered her character enough.

FYC Oscars 2019: Viola Davis (Widows) - Best Actress

ReplyCopy URL
    Tyler
    Participant
    Topics:

Even if Clarke had gone supporting she didn’t deserve to knock any of the current nominees out except maybe MBB

ReplyCopy URL
    O´Hara
    Participant
    Topics:

It´s what they deserve.

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

Well Wright and Harris were able to make the jump.

I guess next year these two should stay in their lanes with the rest of their cast members.

ReplyCopy URL
    eastwest
    Participant
    Topics:

HBO should keep them in lead for next year. There might be some overhaul in the drama categories.

ReplyCopy URL
    PerksofBeingaGriff
    Participant
    Topics:

Clarke was probably close like Moore, voters were probably confused as to where Harrington was on the supporting ballot.

“Someone is staring at you in ‘Personal Growth’.”

ReplyCopy URL
    Diet Teridax
    Participant
    Topics:

While I’ve been watching Got 7 I was preparing the Emmys already in my head.

i Understand why Emilia Clarke was not nominated in the Leading Category and to me this is her own fault, she’s a part of one of TV’s big ensemble cast and nowhere she was lead in the last season. There are some episodes which singled out her and she could have easily get a nod, for exemple the 6th, in which the Dragon has been killed or The Spoils Of War (Ep4) . I don’t understand why she has to feel like she could compete in leading category

About Kit, he’s clearly not lead, If one can be considered as lead it will be Lena. I feel like he should have stayed in his lane, he could have easily get a nomination submitting all episodes specially the 3 last.

What are your thoughts about their snub?

Kit had way more screen time in Season 7 and in the series in general than Lena has had FYI. I think Clarke and Harington would have made the cut in Supporting, but maybe not since even Maisie Williams didn’t make the cut.

For your Goldderby Film Awards consideration: Isle of Dogs for every category, especially Music Score for Alexandre Desplat!

ReplyCopy URL
    Mukund
    Participant
    Topics:

While I’ve been watching Got 7 I was preparing the Emmys already in my head. i Understand why Emilia Clarke was not nominated in the Leading Category and to me this is her own fault, she’s a part of one of TV’s big ensemble cast and nowhere she was lead in the last season. There are some episodes which singled out her and she could have easily get a nod, for exemple the 6th, in which the Dragon has been killed or The Spoils Of War (Ep4) . I don’t understand why she has to feel like she could compete in leading category About Kit, he’s clearly not lead, If one can be considered as lead it will be Lena. I feel like he should have stayed in his lane, he could have easily get a nomination submitting all episodes specially the 3 last. What are your thoughts about their snub?

Kit had way more screen time in Season 7 and in the series in general than Lena has had FYI. I think Clarke and Harington would have made the cut in Supporting, but maybe not since even Maisie Williams didn’t make the cut.

Waldau would have been replaced by Harrington without a doubt. Clarke would also have easily gotten in. It took double the time for Williams to break through (sadly) than Clarke. Williams’ snub, IMO, has no bearing on Clarke. Daenerys is a way more prominent and popular character than Arya.

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

I wouldn’t have predicted Clarke to get into supporting this year.

ReplyCopy URL
    Ivo Stoyanov
    Participant
    Topics:

Totally disagree, both of them were clearly a lead this season, they player fair and the lost fair, all the nominees are much better than them (Bateman is the only one that I have not seen). And they are not going to go back to supporting next year, they are going to stay in lead where they belong.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by  Ivo Stoyanov.
    ReplyCopy URL
    Icky
    Participant
    Topics:

Bean is still the closest to a lead for any season, followed by Clarke for this past season, who did have several episodes that she dominated and persistent screen time outside of the premiere, which was still a build up to her character. However, this season was too short, the screen time still too spread out, the character arcs too half-baked, the focus too action heavy and those two performances were too meh for either to go lead. I suppose they may have a shot next year. But I wouldn’t bet on either.

ReplyCopy URL
    Mukund
    Participant
    Topics:

And they are not going to go back to supporting next year, they are going to stay in lead where they belong.

I wasn’t aware that HBO shared it’s award strategies with you.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.