Home Forums Television Emmy Awards 2018 Drama Predictions (Part 2)

Emmy Awards 2018 Drama Predictions (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 620 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Diet Teridax
Luca Giliberti
Ivo Stoyanov
  • Chris Beachum
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Continue the discussion in this thread for drama categories…

BEST DRAMA SERIES

“The Americans” — “Dead Hand,” “The Great Patriotic War,” “Harvest,” “The Summit,” “Jennings, Elizabeth” and “START.”

“The Crown” — “Beryl,” “Marionettes,” “Matrimonium,” “Dear Mrs. Kennedy,” “Paterfamilias” and “Mystery Man.”

“Game of Thrones” — “Stormborn,” “The Queen’s Justice,” “The Spoils of War,” “Eastwatch,” “Beyond the Wall” and “The Dragon and the Wolf.”

“The Handmaid’s Tale” — “June,” “Unwomen,” “Baggage,” “After,” “Smart Power” and “The Last Ceremony.”

“Stranger Things” — “MADMAX,” “Trick or Treat, Freak,” “Will the Wise,” “The Spy,” “The Mind Flayer” and “The Gate.”

“This Is Us” — “A Father’s Advice,” “Number One,” “The Fifth Wheel,” “Super Bowl Sunday,” “The Car” and “The Wedding.”

“Westworld” — “Journey Into Night,” “The Riddle of the Sphinx,” “Akane No Mai,” “Kiksuya,” “Vanishing Point” and “The Passenger.”

BEST DRAMA ACTOR
    Jason Bateman (“Ozark”) — “The Toll”
    Sterling K. Brown (“This Is Us”) — “Number Three”
    Ed Harris (“Westworld”) — “Vanishing Point”
    Matthew Rhys (“The Americans”) — “START”
    Milo Ventimiglia (“This Is Us”) — “The Car”
    Jeffrey Wright (“Westworld”) — “The Passenger”

BEST DRAMA ACTRESS
    Claire Foy (“The Crown”) — “Dear Mrs. Kennedy”
    Tatiana Maslany (“Orphan Black”) — “To Right the Wrongs of Many”
    Elisabeth Moss (“The Handmaid’s Tale”) — “The Last Ceremony”
    Sandra Oh (“Killing Eve”) — “I Have a Thing About Bathrooms”
    Keri Russell (“The Americans”) — “The Summit”
    Evan Rachel Wood (“Westworld”) — “Reunion”

BEST DRAMA SUPPORTING ACTOR
    Nikolaj Coster-Waldau (“Game of Thrones”) — “The Spoils of War”
    Peter Dinklage (“Game of Thrones”) — “The Dragon and the Wolf”
    Joseph Fiennes (“The Handmaid’s Tale”) — “First Blood”
    David Harbour (“Stranger Things”) — “Will the Wise”
    Mandy Patinkin (“Homeland”) — “Species Jump”
    Matt Smith (“The Crown”) — “Mystery Man”

BEST DRAMA SUPPORTING ACTRESS
    Alexis Bledel (“The Handmaid’s Tale”) — “Unwomen”
    Millie Bobby Brown (“Stranger Things”) — “The Pollywog”
    Ann Dowd (“The Handmaid’s Tale”) — “June”
    Lena Headey (“Game of Thrones”) — “The Dragon and the Wolf”
    Vanessa Kirby (“The Crown”) — “Beryl”
    Thandie Newton (“Westworld”) — “Akane No Mai”
    Yvonne Strahovski (“The Handmaid’s Tale”) — “Women’s Work”

BEST DRAMA GUEST ACTOR
    F. Murray Abraham (“Homeland”) — “All In”
    Cameron Britton (“Mindhunter”) — “Episode 2”
    Matthew Goode (“The Crown”) — “Matrimonium”
    Ron Cephas Jones (“This Is Us”) — “A Father’s Advice”
    Gerald McRaney (“This Is Us”) — “The Car”
    Jimmi Simpson (“Westworld”) — “Reunion”

BEST DRAMA GUEST ACTRESS
    Viola Davis (“Scandal”) — “Allow Me to Reintroduce Myself”
    Kelly Jenrette (The Handmaid’s Tale”) — “Other Women”
    Cherry Jones (“The Handmaid’s Tale”) — “Baggage”
    Diana Rigg (“Game of Thrones”) — The Queen’s Justice”
    Cicely Tyson (“How to Get Away With Murder”) — “I’m Going Away”
    Samira Wiley (“The Handmaid’s Tale”) — “After”

Diet Teridax
    Participant
    Topics:

Does Jodie Comer’s snub help or hurt Sandra Oh’s chances of winning? On one hand, there could definitely have been vote-splitting between the veteran and the breakout star and no one can convince me otherwise. On the other hand, Comer’s snub could indicate a lack of support for Killing Eve in general, but then again Drama Lead Actress was such a packed category. What do you think?

Note to myself: Don’t ever feed the trolls. Don’t get involved in others drama. Don’t let myself be swayed by others predictions, trust my gut more often!

Note to all others: If you don’t happen to like me, ignore me. It is that simple.

ReplyCopy URL
    O´Hara
    Participant
    Topics:

Does Jodie Comer’s snub help or hurt Sandra Oh’s chances of winning? On one hand, there could definitely have been vote-splitting between the veteran and the breakout star and no one can convince me otherwise. On the other hand, Comer’s snub could indicate a lack of support for Killing Eve in general, but then again Drama Lead Actress was such a packed category. What do you think?

The positive or negative support to Killing Eve has nothing to do with Sandra´s performance imo,I don´t know how many but there are at least more than five females than won the emmy for best drama actress while the series they were starring on were snubbed so I think that Jodie Comer´s snub is definitely a benefit towards Sandra´s chances.

ReplyCopy URL
    celine17
    Participant
    Topics:

The positive or negative support to Killing Eve has nothing to do with Sandra´s performance imo,I don´t know how many but there are at least more than five females than won the emmy for best drama actress while the series they were starring on were snubbed so I think that Jodie Comer´s snub is definitely a benefit towards Sandra´s chances.

Both Maslany and Davis won without their shows getting nominated. Also the show itself got a writing nomination which does show that there is support and that voters have seen the show. As far as Comer not getting in, it was an incredibly packed category and people could have just preferred her performance over Comer.

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

it’s similar to Unreal

ReplyCopy URL
    Emmyfan
    Participant
    Topics:

Tyne Daly won lead Actress in 1988 for Cagney & Lacey after a sharp decline in nominations including being dropped from Drama Series.

Sela Ward won Lead Actress in 2000 for Once & Again a show that was not nominated for Drama Series.

Mariska Hargitay won Lead Actress in 2006 for Law & Order: SVU and that show was never nominated for Drama Series.

Kyra Sedgwick won Lead Actress in 2010 for The Closer and that show was never nominated for Drama Series.

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

Tyne Daly won lead Actress in 1988 for Cagney & Lacey after a sharp decline in nominations including being dropped from Drama Series.

Sela Ward won Lead Actress in 2000 for Once & Again a show that was not nominated for Drama Series.

Mariska Hargitay won Lead Actress in 2006 for Law & Order: SVU and that show was never nominated for Drama Series.

Kyra Sedgwick won Lead Actress in 2010 for The Closer and that show was never nominated for Drama Series.

Totally different system. Irrelevant.

ReplyCopy URL
    AayaanUpadhyaya
    Participant
    Topics:

On the other hand, Comer’s snub could indicate a lack of support for Killing Eve in general, but then again Drama Lead Actress was such a packed category. What do you think

Comer getting would have surely hurt Oh because of potential vote-splitting so she dodged a bullet there. I do think if Killing Eve explodes in buzz and acclaim next year, she will get in.

Also Oh has the narrative of being the first Asian American Emmy winner in this category that more than makes up for any lack of passion, IMO.

BTW can someone tell me if any Asian American ever won ANY acting category at the Emmys? I’m not being able to recall any.

ReplyCopy URL
    Macca
    Participant
    Topics:

BTW can someone tell me if any Asian American ever won ANY acting category at the Emmys? I’m not being able to recall any.

Darren Criss this September.

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:

No, all of the headlines last year noted Riz Ahmed as the first Asian man and cited Archie Panjabi as the first Asian and neither of them are American.

"I don't even believe in god, but I'm going to thank her tonight."

ReplyCopy URL
    Macca
    Participant
    Topics:

I hope THT becomes a record-breaking show this year:

Most nominations for a series without a win in a single year

Currently held by Mad Men – 17

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

Mad Men does not deserve that record, it should have won more post season 4. The Handmaid’s Tale doesn’t either, but for completely different reasons (as in it shouldn’t have enough nominations to be able to break that record in the first place).

ReplyCopy URL
    Diet Teridax
    Participant
    Topics:

I hope THT becomes a record-breaking show this year:

Most nominations for a series without a win in a single year

Currently held by Mad Men – 17

You’re thinking Westworld Season 2. I am currently predicting a complete shutout for that show, with it losing all 21 of its Emmy nominations, thus beating Mad Men Season 5’s record.

Note to myself: Don’t ever feed the trolls. Don’t get involved in others drama. Don’t let myself be swayed by others predictions, trust my gut more often!

Note to all others: If you don’t happen to like me, ignore me. It is that simple.

ReplyCopy URL
    Pulp
    Participant
    Topics:

No, all of the headlines last year noted Riz Ahmed as the first Asian man and cited Archie Panjabi as the first Asian and neither of them are American.

Neither is Oh unless by American we’re just referring to North America.

ReplyCopy URL
    AayaanUpadhyaya
    Participant
    Topics:

That’s a sad stat really. I mean we can only think of two Asians who have ever won any Acting Emmys in their 70-year-history? Crazy.

If Oh’s people are smart, they’d cultivate this narrative and push it with all they’ve got.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 620 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.