Home Forums Television Emmy Awards 2018 Drama Predictions (Part 2)

Emmy Awards 2018 Drama Predictions (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 620 total)
Created
1 year ago
Last Reply
1 year ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Luca Giliberti
Ivo Stoyanov
Mukund
  • methaddictions
    Participant
    Topics:

I wouldn’t be surprised if Moss never wins an acting Emmy again.She won last year because she was overdue and undeniable, prior to that she couldn’t even beat Linney for Top of the Lake. Historically speaking she is not the acting branches first choice for a nomination, let alone a win.

Carrie Coon should’ve won last year.

No, Moss shoudl’ve won and she thankfully did.

I thought she was great last year but Coon would’ve been my first pick. I’m rooting for Moss this year though.

ReplyCopy URL
    Ivo Stoyanov
    Participant
    Topics:

I wouldn’t be surprised if Moss never wins an acting Emmy again.She won last year because she was overdue and undeniable, prior to that she couldn’t even beat Linney for Top of the Lake. Historically speaking she is not the acting branches first choice for a nomination, let alone a win.

I thought she was great last year but Coon would’ve been my first pick. I’m rooting for Moss this year though.

I also adored Coon last year, she was robbed of a nomination (maybe instead of Viola Davis or Robin Wright), but I think that Moss was undeniable.

ReplyCopy URL
    Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

I also adored Coon last year, she was robbed of a nomination (maybe instead of Viola Davis or Robin Wright), but I think that Moss was undeniable.

I will try to forget that you mentioned Davis in that sentence :)) But we’ll have to agree to disagree.

Emmy voters must bend the knee to Lena Headey & Emilia Clarke for "Game of Thrones." It's their last chance to award them. Make it happen.

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:

She also had “Don’t Be Ridiculous” and “G’Day Melbourne”, plus a juicy scene in “Certified”. It was a great season for her.

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:
    Anonymous
    Topics:
    Anonymous
    Topics:
    Pulp
    Participant
    Topics:

Does anyone think that Evan Rachel Wood can win?

Definitely not

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:
    Anonymous
    Topics:
    ricardo505
    Participant
    Topics:

I can’t decide which one is the best performance of the decade: Tatiana Maslany in “Orphan Black” or Carrie Coon in “The Leftovers”.

ReplyCopy URL
    Icky
    Participant
    Topics:

Just so you know, I did come in 503/3328 predicting the Emmy winners last year, so I didn’t do too terrible. I’m sure some people who regularly comment on these threads did better than me, but I did make some solid calls in close races like THT in Series, Writing, and Directing, as well as Dern over King and Skarsgard over everyone else in his category. If you want to copy off of any of my predictions, feel free. The only winners I had as low as 3rd were San Junipero in Writing and Dowd for THT. The rest I either called correctly or at least had in 2nd.

I as well saw THT’s big night coming and Skarsgard’s win.

I don’t see #MeToo helping Wood. She wasn’t at the forefront and unlike Moss, her show doesn’t have immediate social connection to it. I’m not seeing her getting the passion votes that Maslany and Rusell will pull or the name check factor of the rest.

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:
    Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Same. And then other days I am like:
    Thandie Newton was fantastic in “Akane No Mai,” everyone was talking about her. Maybe some goodwill from last year can help her prevail.

This is the most unpredictable Emmys in years IMO. On the drama side, I wouldn’t call a single category a lock. Supporting actress still gives me a headache. 6 powerhouses in one category IMO.

Emmy voters must bend the knee to Lena Headey & Emilia Clarke for "Game of Thrones." It's their last chance to award them. Make it happen.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 620 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.