Home Forums Television Emmy Awards 2018 Drama Predictions (Part 3)

Emmy Awards 2018 Drama Predictions (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 526 post (of 526 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
( +3 hidden )
replies
views
users
Diet Teridax
Luca Giliberti
Mukund
  • Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Lead actress is such a tight race that I do not think that it needs to have any bearing on any other race, i.e. it could be the only race that The Crown wins and the only one that The Handmaid’s Tale loses. Or Matt Smith and Vanessa Kirby could win and Claire Foy could still lose because she is facing the face of The Handmaid’s Tale (without any vote-splitting advantage). Another possible scenario is the Gold Derby Awards one in which Game of Thrones wins series and nothing else. It sweeping seems out of the question to me though.

I am not predicting it, but I think that the most sensible thing to do is to predict The Handmaid’s Tale to sweep just as it did last year, but substituting Ann Dowd for Yvonne Strahovski. I cannot decide if it is more sensible to predict Matt Smith to fill John Lithgow’s shoes or Joseph Fiennes because he did not have the opportunity to join the sweep last time. This relatively boring set, plus Sterling K. Brown, is what I would do with a second account or recommend to anyone who joined Gold Derby today. I am concerned that everyone, including myself, is having too much fun with their predictions and getting too inside their heads, so respect to anyone who plays it straight like that. Like Matthew Rhys now has more people predicting him than Sterling K. Brown? I mean, it could happen, but that is an upset scenario, not a front-runner confirmation.

"I don't even believe in god, but I'm going to thank her tonight."

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 526 post (of 526 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.