( +1 hidden )
September 5, 2018 at 9:44 am #1202623843
based on those clips:
Moss > Foy > Wood > Maslany > Oh > RussellSeptember 5, 2018 at 11:31 am #1202623903
Watching Lead Actor and Lead Actress clips, it just reaffirmed my point that Rhys SHOULD win this without any doubt. I have seen all the nominees throughout their respected seasons and I can honestly say that Rhys would be such a worthy winner.
As for Ladies, my God, who chose that clip for Russell? The train scene from the final episode would be such a kick and that wordless performance deserves recognition, if not by Emmy, then at least by the clip-creating Gods 😀
I still hope writing will go to “The Americans: START” and I believe that Best Drama is still open field.
As for supporting, I dount Headey will win this. Not that it does matter, but I found her performance too forced the last year. There was something completely off. It was like Headey was trying too hard. If the voters were impressed by THT finale, I can see Strahovsky winning, even though the finale is out of the question for submission.September 5, 2018 at 2:19 pm #1202624009
Wow, they did Keri dirty with that clip. Vastly under-representing her true talent. If sticking to 6×08, they should have gone with her opening scene with Rhys, or the scene in the car with Jackson. I almost wish Keri also submitted 6×10 because either the train scene or the one where they discuss leaving Henry behind (the Emmy gasp!) are such killer moments.September 5, 2018 at 2:30 pm #1202624016
1. Keri Russell
2. Elizabeth Moss
3. Claire Foy
4. Sandra Oh
5. Tatiana Maslany
6. Evan Rachel WoodSeptember 5, 2018 at 3:00 pm #1202624051
Actor clip rankings
1. Oh- wtf are you guys talking about, that clip was excellent, a great example of her tour de force performance.
#FreeTheBannedFourSeptember 5, 2018 at 3:01 pm #1202624053
Funny that they misspelled Elisabeth Moss’ name
#FreeTheBannedFourSeptember 5, 2018 at 3:03 pm #1202624054
1. Elisabeth Moss
2. Claire Foy
3. Tatiana Maslany
4. Sandra Oh
5. Evan Rachel Wood
6. Keri RussellSeptember 5, 2018 at 3:32 pm #1202624073
The only bad clips in Best Actress were Wood and Russell (she had so many better moments). I just kept wanting to watch Foy’s though.
“Someone is staring at you in ‘Personal Growth’.”September 5, 2018 at 4:38 pm #1202624111
The Sandra Oh clip is pretty great. Definitely my favorite. I also really love the Claire and Elisabeth clips.September 5, 2018 at 5:05 pm #1202624122This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.September 5, 2018 at 5:06 pm #1202624124This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.September 5, 2018 at 6:43 pm #1202624220
Drama Actress clips;
1. Claire Foy: BUTTER THAT SCONE!
2. Elisabeth Moss: This is probably the clip with the most acting in it so I guess it is pretty good.
3. Evan Rachel Wood: Her line delivery is on point here, I was actually pretty surprised considering I didn’t think she was that great, but I’ll have to reconsider her.
4. Tatiana Maslany: She has an unfair advantage. It’s pretty hard to judge this performance(s) imo because she is acting opposite herself in a very climactic, heavily directed scene.
5. Sandra Oh: An absolutely brilliant performance, but it’s obvious that this is Comer’s clip, not Oh’s.
6. Keri Russell: Ummmmmm. ??? That wig tho.September 5, 2018 at 6:50 pm #1202624224
Keri Russell had several Emmy scenes in her submitted episode, and they chose that? I swear, if that is in the telecast clip packet.
Those This Is Us scenes made me recoil. That dialogue sounds like it came straight out of a daytime soap opera.
I know some people wanted Jodie Comer to be nominated over Sandra Oh, but that Killing Eve scene shows Oh’s deservedness over her. They both gave great performances, and ideally, both should have been nominated, but Oh’s material forced her to be the show’s anchor. Without her, the show would have collapsed onto itself.
In a better show, Tatiana Maslany would have delivered an all-time great performance, but in Orphan Black…
Handmaid’s Tale scenes are even more hilariously overwrought out of context.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.