Home Forums Television Emmy Awards 2018 Drama Predictions (Part 3)

Emmy Awards 2018 Drama Predictions (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 526 total)
Created
1 year ago
Last Reply
1 year ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Luca Giliberti
Mukund
methaddictions
  • methaddictions
    Participant
    Topics:

based on those clips:

Moss > Foy > Wood > Maslany > Oh > Russell

ReplyCopy URL
    Tyler
    Participant
    Topics:

6. Sandra Oh. Nice clip for Comer!

ERW gets the most hate here but honestly Oh taking a spot away from Jodie Comer or Mandy Moore upsets me more, and I really liked Killing Eve.

ReplyCopy URL
    Mladen
    Participant
    Topics:

Watching Lead Actor and Lead Actress clips, it just reaffirmed my point that Rhys SHOULD win this without any doubt. I have seen all the nominees throughout their respected seasons and I can honestly say that Rhys would be such a worthy winner.

As for Ladies, my God, who chose that clip for Russell? The train scene from the final episode would be such a kick and that wordless performance deserves recognition, if not by Emmy, then at least by the clip-creating Gods 😀

I still hope writing will go to “The Americans: START” and I believe that Best Drama is still open field.

As for supporting, I dount Headey will win this. Not that it does matter, but I found her performance too forced the last year. There was something completely off. It was like Headey was trying too hard. If the voters were impressed by THT finale, I can see Strahovsky winning, even though the finale is out of the question for submission.

ReplyCopy URL
    2012sofetch
    Participant
    Topics:

Wow, they did Keri dirty with that clip. Vastly under-representing her true talent. If sticking to 6×08, they should have gone with her opening scene with Rhys, or the scene in the car with Jackson. I almost wish Keri also submitted 6×10 because either the train scene or the one where they discuss leaving Henry behind (the Emmy gasp!) are such killer moments.

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Clips:
    1. Keri Russell
    2. Elizabeth Moss
    3. Claire Foy
    4. Sandra Oh
    5. Tatiana Maslany
    6. Evan Rachel Wood

ReplyCopy URL
    methaddictions
    Participant
    Topics:

Clips: 1. Keri Russell 2. Elizabeth Moss 3. Claire Foy 4. Sandra Oh 5. Tatiana Maslany 6. Evan Rachel Wood

How is Russell #1 she didn’t do anything?

ReplyCopy URL
    Pulp
    Participant
    Topics:

Actor clip rankings
    1. Rhys
    2. Harris
    3. Wright
    4. Bateman
    5. Ventimiglia
    6. Brown

Actress
    1. Oh- wtf are you guys talking about, that clip was excellent, a great example of her tour de force performance.
    2. Moss
    3. Foy
    4. Maslany
    5. Russell
    6. Wood

ReplyCopy URL
    Pulp
    Participant
    Topics:

Funny that they misspelled Elisabeth Moss’ name

ReplyCopy URL
    Miles
    Participant
    Topics:

1. Elisabeth Moss
    2. Claire Foy
    3. Tatiana Maslany
    4. Sandra Oh
    5. Evan Rachel Wood
    6. Keri Russell

ReplyCopy URL
    PerksofBeingaGriff
    Participant
    Topics:

The only bad clips in Best Actress were Wood and Russell (she had so many better moments). I just kept wanting to watch Foy’s though.

“Someone is staring at you in ‘Personal Growth’.”

ReplyCopy URL
    Smi
    Participant
    Topics:

The Sandra Oh clip is pretty great. Definitely my favorite. I also really love the Claire and Elisabeth clips.

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Anonymous
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Macca
    Participant
    Topics:

Drama Actress clips;

1. Claire Foy: BUTTER THAT SCONE!
    2. Elisabeth Moss: This is probably the clip with the most acting in it so I guess it is pretty good.
    3. Evan Rachel Wood: Her line delivery is on point here, I was actually pretty surprised considering I didn’t think she was that great, but I’ll have to reconsider her.
    4. Tatiana Maslany: She has an unfair advantage. It’s pretty hard to judge this performance(s) imo because she is acting opposite herself in a very climactic, heavily directed scene.
    5. Sandra Oh: An absolutely brilliant performance, but it’s obvious that this is Comer’s clip, not Oh’s.
    6. Keri Russell: Ummmmmm. ??? That wig tho.

ReplyCopy URL
    Fade
    Participant
    Topics:

Keri Russell had several Emmy scenes in her submitted episode, and they chose that? I swear, if that is in the telecast clip packet.

Those This Is Us scenes made me recoil. That dialogue sounds like it came straight out of a daytime soap opera.

I know some people wanted Jodie Comer to be nominated over Sandra Oh, but that Killing Eve scene shows Oh’s deservedness over her. They both gave great performances, and ideally, both should have been nominated, but Oh’s material forced her to be the show’s anchor. Without her, the show would have collapsed onto itself.

In a better show, Tatiana Maslany would have delivered an all-time great performance, but in Orphan Black

Handmaid’s Tale scenes are even more hilariously overwrought out of context.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 526 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.