Home Forums Television Emmy Awards 2018 Drama Predictions (Part 3)

Emmy Awards 2018 Drama Predictions (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 526 total)
Created
1 year ago
Last Reply
12 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Luca Giliberti
Mukund
methaddictions
  • Pulp
    Participant
    Topics:

I know some people wanted Jodie Comer to be nominated over Sandra Oh, but that Killing Eve scene shows Oh’s deservedness over her. They both gave great performances, and ideally, both should have been nominated, but Oh’s material forced her to be the show’s anchor. Without her, the show would have collapsed onto itself.

Completely agree

ReplyCopy URL
    Reis
    Participant
    Topics:

Maybe “Elizabeth Moss” is a sign of the real winner.

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

I would like Madeline Brewer to surprise everyone with a Globe nod for Season 2 of THT. I was thinking about that last night.

I would love that! She’s SO good. I watched an interview where she explained how she approached this role and my God, it’s so damn brilliant. But we all know that won’t happen.

Emmy voters must bend the knee to Lena Headey & Emilia Clarke for "Game of Thrones." It's their last chance to award them. Make it happen.

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:
    Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Funny that they misspelled Elisabeth Moss’ name

I thought everyone knew her name is spelled Elizabeth Maus. Stupid Emmys with their typo. ????

Maus is mouse in German, lol

Emmy voters must bend the knee to Lena Headey & Emilia Clarke for "Game of Thrones." It's their last chance to award them. Make it happen.

ReplyCopy URL
    Icky
    Participant
    Topics:

I know some people wanted Jodie Comer to be nominated over Sandra Oh, but that Killing Eve scene shows Oh’s deservedness over her. They both gave great performances, and ideally, both should have been nominated, but Oh’s material forced her to be the show’s anchor. Without her, the show would have collapsed onto itself.

Completely agree

Both barely missed my personal top 6. However, I do prefer Oh. Comer gave a showier performance, but it’s a fairly one-note chareacter and kinda undemanding.

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:
    Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

I’m assuming this post is about Queen Elizabeth but I’m going to chose to believe it’s about Elizabeth Jennings instead.

Funny, since Russell got what many seem to consider the worst clip and Foy got what many consider one of the best if not the best, does that mean there is more passion for “First Man” star and multiple SAG winner Foy? I really hope Russell wins, but these little things like Moss’ typo as well, I cannot help but think about in a race as close as Drama Lead Actress.

The typo means nth. Half the internet spells her name incorrectly. And the Academy loves typos. Need I remind everyone of “Thandi Newton.”

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:
    Luca
    Keymaster
    Topics:

I’m assuming this post is about Queen Elizabeth but I’m going to chose to believe it’s about Elizabeth Jennings instead.

Funny, since Russell got what many seem to consider the worst clip and Foy got what many consider one of the best if not the best, does that mean there is more passion for “First Man” star and multiple SAG winner Foy? I really hope Russell wins, but these little things like Moss’ typo as well, I cannot help but think about in a race as close as Drama Lead Actress.

The typo means nth. Half the internet spells her name incorrectly. And the Academy loves typos. Need I remind everyone of “Thandi Newton.”

Hey, full disclosure, for years, up until about a few months ago, I legit thought it was spelled Elizabeth Moss as well. I think I was on and off again spelling her name correctly to be honest. Still, what about my theory weak clips meaning in a very subtle way a lack of industry passion for certain performances and hidden passion for others? If so, then Judith Light should be a lock and so should Finn Wittrock because they had the best clips.

These clips also mean nothing. Nicole Kidman had a weak ass clip last year and still won. Really, don’t overinterpret these, especially as some came out before voting ended.

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:
    Ivo Stoyanov
    Participant
    Topics:

Keri Russell had several Emmy scenes in her submitted episode, and they chose that? I swear, if that is in the telecast clip packet.

Those This Is Us scenes made me recoil. That dialogue sounds like it came straight out of a daytime soap opera.

I know some people wanted Jodie Comer to be nominated over Sandra Oh, but that Killing Eve scene shows Oh’s deservedness over her. They both gave great performances, and ideally, both should have been nominated, but Oh’s material forced her to be the show’s anchor. Without her, the show would have collapsed onto itself.

In a better show, Tatiana Maslany would have delivered an all-time great performance, but in Orphan Black

Handmaid’s Tale scenes are even more hilariously overwrought out of context.

Maslany gave an all-time great performance in Orphan Black, also the show is good enough and especially under the intentions that it has.

Moss and Maslany clips were the best out of context. This is us is the worst by far without a context.

And like the majority said, this clip proves once again that Comer is a superior actress, this is the best that Oh has in this episode and still Comer is far better.

And I agree that they played dirty with Russell, she deserves better.

ReplyCopy URL
    Miles
    Participant
    Topics:

Both barely missed my personal top 6. However, I do prefer Oh. Comer gave a showier performance, but it’s a fairly one-note chareacter and kinda undemanding.

What show did you watch? Oksana is anything but one-note. And I would say it’s fairly demanding. Comer had to speak several different languages and convincingly play a psychopath while also getting us to root for her.

ReplyCopy URL
    2012sofetch
    Participant
    Topics:

Having just finished S2 of The Handmaid’s Tale, it struck me that in the debate between THT vs Thrones, there is such a gulf in the care with which the storytelling is constructed in THT compared to Thrones. GoT, at this stage is still a lot of fun to watch and full credit to its directorial achievements in the big set pieces, but it’s madness to award it the Best Drama when so much of its writing has been short-changed in favour of running to an endgame. I would personally give The Americans  Best Drama for an exceptionally consistent and well-crafted final season but if not them, then THT delivered a very capable second season with a lot of interesting thematic discussions.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 526 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.