Home Forums Television Emmys 2018 Ceremony Reactions

Emmys 2018 Ceremony Reactions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 1,008 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
( +3 hidden )
replies
views
users
Diet Teridax
Luca Giliberti
Pulp
  • Chris Beachum
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Place your reactions to the Emmys 2018 ceremony in this thread. The best ones might be featured in an article on our home page.

Chris Beachum
    Keymaster
    Topics:

70th ANNUAL EMMY AWARDS
    Monday, September 17, on NBC

PRODUCED BY:
    Lorne Michaels

CEREMONY HOSTS:
    Michael Che & Colin Jost

PRESENTERS:
    Patricia Arquette
    Alec Baldwin
    Eric Bana
    Angela Bassett
    Samantha Bee
    Connie Britton
    Rachel Brosnahan
    Millie Bobby Brown
    RuPaul Charles
    Emilia Clarke
    Benicio Del Toro
    Michael Douglas
    Tina Fey
    Claire Foy
    Hannah Gadsby
    Ilana Glazer
    Tiffany Haddish
    Kit Harington
    Taraji P. Henson
    Lil Rel Howery
    Abbie Jacobson
    Ron Cephas Jones
    Jimmy Kimmel
    Kate McKinnon
    Tracy Morgan
    Elisabeth Moss
    Bob Odenkirk
    Sandra Oh
    Sarah Paulson
    Queer Eye Hosts
    Issa Rae
    Gina Rodriguez
    Maya Rudolph
    Andy Samberg
    Matt Smith
    Ben Stiller
    Chrissy Teigen
    Samira Wiley
    Constance Wu

PERFORMERS:
    To Be Announced

ReplyCopy URL
    Luca Giliberti
    Participant
    Topics:

This is the first time ever that I’ll be watching the Emmys live. Can’t wait!

FYC Oscars 2019: Viola Davis (Widows) - Best Actress

ReplyCopy URL
    Chris Beachum
    Keymaster
    Topics:
    Participant
    Topics:

70th ANNUAL EMMY AWARDS Monday, September 17, on NBC PRODUCED BY: Lorne Michaels CEREMONY HOSTS: Michael Che & Colin Jost PRESENTERS: Patricia Arquette Alec Baldwin Eric Bana Angela Bassett Samantha Bee Connie Britton Rachel Brosnahan Millie Bobby Brown RuPaul Charles Emilia Clarke Benicio Del Toro Michael Douglas Tina Fey Claire Foy Hannah Gadsby Ilana Glazer Tiffany Haddish Kit Harington Taraji P. Henson Lil Rel Howery Abbie Jacobson Ron Cephas Jones Jimmy Kimmel Kate McKinnon Tracy Morgan Elisabeth Moss Bob Odenkirk Sandra Oh Sarah Paulson Queer Eye Hosts Issa Rae Gina Rodriguez Maya Rudolph Andy Samberg Matt Smith Ben Stiller Chrissy Teigen Samira Wiley Constance Wu PERFORMERS: To Be Announced

Any idea who’s presenting with who?

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

i’m not getting home till the show is mostly over

ReplyCopy URL
    Guest 2018
    Participant
    Topics:

For 3 hours, the Bad Place will relocate to the Microsoft Theater!

😀 😀

And not even Ted Danson and ‘Atlanta’ wins will change that.

The skids have been greased for the past YEAR for a riotously scandalous Mrs. Maisel coronation, the final act of creative arts awards guilted by forking AS-P all those years Gilmore Girls was eligible. Epic overcompensation, this will be. And a journeywoman actress who got acclaim for only one episode, the pilot, is going to be the spokeslady for fluff and sugary sugar with sugar on top winning over the best comedy series actress in this country, and for the 13th year in a row, Emmy snubbed her. They will never forgive Kristen Bell for Veronica Mars, or being on the CW/WB.

IOW, Asterisk City.

ReplyCopy URL
    montana82
    Participant
    Topics:

LOL I can’t believe they allow NBC to still broadcast with this kicking it to Mondays due to the NFL. Monday is going to mean even lower ratings!

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:

At least football and not MTV is why it is on a Monday this time.

"I don't even believe in god, but I'm going to thank her tonight."

ReplyCopy URL
    Diet Teridax
    Participant
    Topics:

For 3 hours, the Bad Place will relocate to the Microsoft Theater!

And not even Ted Danson and ‘Atlanta’ wins will change that.

The skids have been greased for the past YEAR for a riotously scandalous Mrs. Maisel coronation, the final act of creative arts awards guilted by forking AS-P all those years Gilmore Girls was eligible. Epic overcompensation, this will be. And a journeywoman actress who got acclaim for only one episode, the pilot, is going to be the spokeslady for fluff and sugary sugar with sugar on top winning over the best comedy series actress in this country, and for the 13th year in a row, Emmy snubbed her. They will never forgive Kristen Bell for Veronica Mars, or being on the CW/WB.

IOW, Asterisk City.

I only want to respond to one part of this, the part about Brosnahan only receiving acclaim for the pilot. I actually found her performance to be slightly more memorable in the 2nd episode, but agree to disagree on that one. Her performance in general seemed to get a ton of acclaim, even though her accent started to slip towards the end in the last episode or so.

Okay, one more issue I have with this is your statement that she, “is going to be the spokeslady for fluff and sugary sugar with sugar on top winning over the best comedy series actress in this country.” MANY people would see that and assume Bell was the one in the sugary fluff show with the admittedly far more versatile Brosnahan (coming from a Good Place fan by the way) being the best comedy series actress in this country. You don’t have to love or hate or find Maisel to be meh, but I find it super irrational to call all the Emmy love for it “makeup for Gilmore Girls,” since they snubbed that show when it came back to Netflix as “Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life,” so I highly doubt that love for Amy Sherman-Palladino’s other show has anything to do with the overwhelming love the Television Academy voters have shown to her new one.

I honestly didn’t mean to write as much as I did here, but your comment was too easy to poke holes in for me to resist, sorry dude.

Note to myself: Don’t ever feed the trolls. Don’t get involved in others drama. Don’t let myself be swayed by others predictions, trust my gut more often!

Note to all others: If you don’t happen to like me, ignore me. It is that simple.

ReplyCopy URL
    Luca Giliberti
    Participant
    Topics:

Do I get points if the winner is in my #2 spot, haha?

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:

You get 25 for #2, 10 for #3, 5 for #4, 4 for #5 and 3 for #6. Ironically, you might get more points if you put a lock at #2 than #1, but it will mess up your percentage, which is more important.

"I don't even believe in god, but I'm going to thank her tonight."

ReplyCopy URL
    Luca Giliberti
    Participant
    Topics:

You get 25 for #2, 10 for #3, 5 for #4, 4 for #5 and 3 for #6. Ironically, you might get more points if you put a lock at #2 than #1, but it will mess up your percentage, which is more important.

Ok thx! I am just so unsure with some of these that I have no idea what to do. My score will either be great or awful.

ReplyCopy URL
    Diet Teridax
    Participant
    Topics:

Ok thx! I am just so unsure with some of these that I have no idea what to do. My score will either be great or awful.

Luca speaks for us all here.

Note to myself: Don’t ever feed the trolls. Don’t get involved in others drama. Don’t let myself be swayed by others predictions, trust my gut more often!

Note to all others: If you don’t happen to like me, ignore me. It is that simple.

ReplyCopy URL
    Luca Giliberti
    Participant
    Topics:

Low key hoping they play “You Don’t Own Me” when/ if Handmaid’s wins something again. That was awesome last year.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 1,008 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.