Home Forums Television Emmys 2018 Ceremony Reactions

Emmys 2018 Ceremony Reactions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 976 through 990 (of 1,008 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
( +3 hidden )
replies
views
users
Diet Teridax
Luca Giliberti
Pulp
  • Diet Teridax
    Participant
    Topics:

Anthony Anderson was robbed. Atlanta and Black-ish were robbed. Titus Burgess was robbed. Tracee Ellis Ross was robbed. Megan Mullally was robbed.

Mullally is not black.

She was still robbed.

Nah, Borstein played a fresher character with more emotional layers. She beat Mullally by a mile in my eyes. Besides, Mullally is already an Emmy winner for that role, give someone else deserving a turn, like Borstein or the Emmy-snubbed Carden.

Note to myself: Don’t ever feed the trolls. Don’t get involved in others drama. Don’t let myself be swayed by others predictions, trust my gut more often!

Note to all others: If you don’t happen to like me, ignore me. It is that simple.

ReplyCopy URL
    Mukund
    Participant
    Topics:

All the acting nominees were there

Lena Headey didn’t come.

ReplyCopy URL
    Ivo Stoyanov
    Participant
    Topics:

Anthony Anderson was robbed.
    Atlanta and Black-ish were robbed.
    Titus Burgess was robbed.
    Tracee Ellis Ross was robbed.
    Megan Mullally was robbed.

You are the only delusional here. You obviously think that all black actors should have won, which is ridiculous, you are the one judging by skin color and that is why you think that other do it too, thankfully you cannot be more wrong.

ReplyCopy URL
    Gucci
    Blocked
    Topics:

Fuck giving someone else deserving a turn. Megan Mullally shits all over Alex Borstein (who I really enjoyed on Mad TV). Mullally should’ve easily won her 3rd Emmy. Oh well! There’s always next year.

ReplyCopy URL
    DvirBA
    Participant
    Topics:

The mobile site has this new pop up ad that shows up on every new page you load so while closing it I accidentally reported someone.. hope nothing happened hah

ReplyCopy URL
    ViceWicked
    Participant
    Topics:

Game of Thrones is most likely going to tie Mad Men, L.A. Law, and Hill Street Blue’s record next year.

I don’t think so. Despite winning Drama Series this year, it’s very obvious that it won by a hair strand, given that with it lost its 2 Directing nominations to The Crown. Not to mention the Editing, Casting Creative Arts nods and Cinematography snub it’s supposed to have won this year and have won in the past year where the series was obviously popular.

If THT or The Crown come up with another critically acclaimed new seasons then it’s very possible that these two to win next year if we wouldn’t get an acclaimed new drama series this season.

ReplyCopy URL
    jjjmoss
    Participant
    Topics:

Everybody Loves Raymond and Sopranos’ penultimate seasons won, respectively, nothing and Writing yet ended their runs with commanding victories. I don’t see a reason to doubt GoT right now.

ReplyCopy URL
    DvirBA
    Participant
    Topics:

Yep, Breaking Bad is a good example too- won Best Drama for season 5a (for it’s first time!) with only 1 acting win and 1 Creative Arts win yet won big for it’s last season (Drama series included).

We did see some kind of downward trajectory in the main telecast for Game of Thrones because of the loses in writing and directing, but i’m pretty sure GoT was close to winning at both and vote splitting in directing and the Americans having a series finale helped in those categories. Also we saw a return in an acting category, which we didn’t have in 2016. In the creative arts we did very well, 7 wins is pretty impressive so we are already in a better position than Breaking Bad, the Sopranos or Everybody Loves Raymond were back in the day

ReplyCopy URL
    Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

Yvonne Strahovski said in a Red Carpet interview she was inspired in her potrayal of Serena by Lena Headey. All praise the true queen, Lena, they better give her that Emmy.

ReplyCopy URL
    Gucci
    Blocked
    Topics:

Regina King was so shocked she won because only white people were winning before her.

ReplyCopy URL
    Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

Regina King was so shocked she won because only white people were winning before her.

stop liking your own posts

ReplyCopy URL
    Gucci
    Blocked
    Topics:

Regina King overrated my ass! Yet, Julia Louis-Dreyfus is not. Fuck out of here!

ReplyCopy URL
    Guest 2018
    Participant
    Topics:

Sorry, but JLD got all those Emmys for Veep because her name is JLD.

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:

JLD got all those Emmys for Veep because her name is JLD.

"I don't even believe in god, but I'm going to thank her tonight."

ReplyCopy URL
    jjjmoss
    Participant
    Topics:

Ranking by winners the last 3 years
    2018: Oscars>Grammys>Emmys
    2017: Emmys>Oscars>Grammys
    2016: Grammys>Emmys>Oscars

Hmm, each has been the worst, the best, and the middle.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 976 through 990 (of 1,008 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.