Home Forums Television Emmys 2018: Who are you really rooting for?

Emmys 2018: Who are you really rooting for?

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 46 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Teridax
Pulp
Riley
  • Luca Giliberti
    Participant
    Topics:

We always try to predict objectively here, but it’s time to get personal IMO. Who are you really rooting for this year. Here are some people I am really rooting for:

• Darren Criss (Versace): I am a die-hard Glee and Blaine Anderson fan, so seeing him as the likely front-runner makes me so incredibly happy. I don’t think this is a lock but I am praying he wins
    • Lena Headey (GOT): Quite frankly, I am fine with 6 people in this category winning, which means something, but come on. Give her this Emmy!!!!
    • Milo Ventimiglia (This Is Us): He owned season 2. Enough said. On episode, he should have even won last year IMO.
    • Cicely Tyson (HTGAWM) or Viola Davis (Scandal): Everyone here knows that I am a huge HTGAWM and Viola Davis fan, so seeing these 2 nominated made me so happy. I think Tyson is overdue for this role and she just had her best season yet on the show. 4.01 combined with 4.13 = dynamite. And I just love Viola when she’s on-screen. I just love that hair salon scene so much!
    • Elisabeth Moss (THT) or Claire Foy (The Crown): I cannot decide between the two, I just can’t. They are both above and beyond and I couldn’t praise them enough.
    • Judith Light (Versace): I loved both Light and Cruz, but Light did something incredible with her limited screen time, and that’s what I think it comes down to. “A Random Killing” is my favorite episode of the season because of her.
    • Jeremy Podeswa (GOT): Look, I love 5/7 directing nominees, but GOT’s finale is one of my favorite TV episodes ever and I feel like this guy is just overdue. He did an amazing job directing those Handmaid’s episodes as well.
    • Bruce Miller (THT): “June” is my favorite THT episode to date and I just want him to win. Anytime you give Ann Dowd a lot of dialogue, you will win me over. And that opening scene, holy crap.

Try to share who you are rooting for and not who you are not rooting for.

FYC Oscars 2019: Viola Davis (Widows) - Best Actress

Jack J.
    Participant
    Topics:

Matthew Rhys

Cameron Britton

Lena Headey

ReplyCopy URL
    Pulp
    Participant
    Topics:

Everything the Americans and Twin Peaks are nominated for and Vanessa Kirby. That’s all I’m truly passionate about.

For what I don’t want to win, there’s Cumberbatch and I’d love to see SNL go emmyless

ReplyCopy URL
    AviChristiaans
    Participant
    Topics:

Her Royal Highness, Claire Foy. No performance on television the past year comes close to what she was able to achieve in Season 2 as a whole. And for her to go Emmy-less for this role (and that performance) would be a travesty.

Thandie Newton – Undoubtedly a solid Lead character this season on Westworld, Newton portrays the most complex character on television, and she does it effortlessly. She was robbed last year. Give the woman her dues.

Allison Janney – Emmy No.8 for the Emmy Queen! Let’s complete the Emmy trifecta. Supporting Actress Drama, Supporting Actress Comedy, Lead Actress Drama, Lead Actress Comedy!

ReplyCopy URL
    Malinda Kao
    Participant
    Topics:

For what I don’t want to win, there’s Cumberbatch and I’d love to see SNL go emmyless

Why don’t you want Cumberbatch to win? I haven’t seen him in Patrick Melrose, so I don’t feel either way about him.

ReplyCopy URL
    Diet Teridax
    Participant
    Topics:

I would love to see Donald Glover, Bill Hader, or Ted Danson win Comedy Lead Actor. Glover probably deserves it most for “Teddy Perkins” alone.

Black Mirror in general, especially Jesse Plemons who I think would be a cool winner. I still have not seen Versace.

Rick and Morty for Animated Program please!

Bryan Tyree Henry or Tituss Burgess winning Comedy Supporting Actor would be one of the highlights of my Emmy year. Paper Boi and Titus’s are such key elements of why both their shows are so successful.

I guess Drunk History? SNL deserved it last year but I would like to see a different winner this year. SNL has some great episodes sprinkled in but it was too inconsistent for my tastes.

Peter Dinklage, Jeremy Podeswa, and Game of Thrones in general.

Vanessa Kirby was really impressive in The Crown. Still, I would not complain if Bledel, Dowd, Strahovski, and especially the overdue Headey were to win, even though I know who my personal favorite is of the nominees is.

Barry “Chapter Seven: Loud, Fast, and Keep Going” for Writing! I thought Atlanta “Barbershop” was hilarious, but that Barry episode really earned it for that unbelievably tense car scene alone.

Either great Barry episode in Picture Editing.

Those are the only contenders I feel that passionate about. I guess this Emmy year isn’t too terrible if I look closely, I am just nowhere near as excited as I have been the past few years. Veep, The Night Of, both O.J. programs (Documentary and the Limited Series), The Handmaid’s Tale and Westworld for their 1st seasons, Better Call Saul, Game of Thrones, I just feel like there was a lot more to invest than there is this year.

For your Goldderby Film Awards consideration: Isle of Dogs for every category, especially Music Score for Alexandre Desplat!

ReplyCopy URL
    Pulp
    Participant
    Topics:

Why don’t you want Cumberbatch to win? I haven’t seen him in Patrick Melrose, so I don’t feel either way about him.

I passionately hate that performance. Just my opinion, but I think his performance in PM is some of the worst acting I’ve ever seen. Something about it just pisses me off, he’s so annoying.

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Did you see the finale though?

"I don't even believe in god, but I'm going to thank her tonight."

ReplyCopy URL
    Luca Giliberti
    Participant
    Topics:

Oh I forgot a few:

• Jessica Biel (The Sinner): I thought she was terrific. Subtle at times, showy at times, but always convincing. So glad she got that nomination.
    • The Alienist for Cinematography and Production Design. The acting and the script weren’t always top-notch, but boy did this show look and feel amazing. That pilot alone, wow!!

FYC Oscars 2019: Viola Davis (Widows) - Best Actress

ReplyCopy URL
    Pulp
    Participant
    Topics:

No, the only reason I went on to episode 2 is because I knew Cumberbatch wasn’t in it much.

ReplyCopy URL
    Diet Teridax
    Participant
    Topics:

No, the only reason I went on to episode 2 is because I knew Cumberbatch wasn’t in it much.

I haven’t seen PM but I can relate to not finishing a show I just find so goddamn annoying and/or boring. Life is too short.

For your Goldderby Film Awards consideration: Isle of Dogs for every category, especially Music Score for Alexandre Desplat!

ReplyCopy URL
    AayaanUpadhyaya
    Participant
    Topics:

Give Vanessa Kirby her Emmy and I honestly won’t complain on Emmy night. That’s how much I want her to win – although seeing Heady win would be great as well.

Also rooting for Light simply because it’s about damn time she won a Primetime Emmy.

Don’t know how it will happen but would absolutely love it if Finn Wittrock took his category (especially since he should have won for Freakshow).

And Sandra Oh – it’s not going to happen but Christina Yang needs an Emmy for giving us such iconic characters on television.

ReplyCopy URL
    Riley
    Keymaster
    Topics:

I loathed the Patrick Melrose premiere (and Cumberbatch’s performance in it), struggled through the middle episodes and got ten minutes into the finale before leaving it for a month.  The finale turned out to be actually very heartfelt and there is not another single-episode performance by an actor from the last year like it.

"I don't even believe in god, but I'm going to thank her tonight."

ReplyCopy URL
    Diet Teridax
    Participant
    Topics:

I loathed the Patrick Melrose premiere (and Cumberbatch’s performance in it), struggled through the middle episodes and got ten minutes into the finale before leaving it for a month. The finale turned out to be actually very heartfelt and there is not another single-episode performance by an actor from the last year like it.

Good to know. If I ever have an opportunity to watch Patrick Melrose I might just watch the finale. How well did it stand on its own story-wise? The finale “At last” is also the highest-rated episode of the show on IMDB.

ReplyCopy URL
    forwardswill
    Participant
    Topics:

• Claire Foy. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again this is an all-timer of a performance. No one else even compares.
    • Michelle Dockery. Between Godless and more importantly Good Behavior, she is my performer of the year. I also think she is owed for Downton so it’s time for some retribution.
    • Vanessa Kirby. She just knocked it out of the park.
    • Bill Hader. The most nuanced performance in a comedy this year.
    • Megan Mullally. This is one that I probably wouldn’t have listed had Will and Grace not been snubbed everywhere. Also no one gave a better single episode comedy performance this year than hers in ‘Rosario’s Quinceanera’

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 46 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.