Home Forums Television Emmys 2020: Ceremony

Emmys 2020: Ceremony

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
Kay
estrelas
Gabriel Seeho..
  • Profile picture
    lvigario
    Topics:

Lets start a topic to discuss the ceremony and our wishes.
    I think this topic does not exist, correct me if im wrong.

So my ideas are:

NOT THAT VIRTUAL
    I think they should not do the show entirely virtual, following the example of the BAFTAS but taking up a notch.
    They could follow the idea of the new season of “Americas Got Talent” and do a more private thing on a outdoor environment in the Warner Bros. Studios or Universal Studios for instance. Using outdoor sets from Old Hollywood for example.
    Only stars who were nominated would be allow. They would host too.
    The statue would always be on a pedestal previously desinfected.
    2 “hosts” at time that have to follow social distancing.

NOT EVERYONE WILL BE PRESENT
    Only 40 guests will be allow at the venue.
    They all have to be nominees. Some people can’t come to the show because they are stuck in their own country. For instance most of the writers, producers and diretors would have to go live from home.
    It is just a matter of streamlining the event, the stars of the series are more necessary because they also presenting the awards.

WAYS FOR THE GUESTS WATCH THE SHOW
    I thinks that’s a way to turn this bad vibe around the pandemic around and make this show something to remember.
    I’m portuguese and in a show from my country the host made a drive in for singers to perform and the audience were celebrities. It was very low cost compared to at Hollywood can do, but I think it can be a good idea that respect the social distances.
    Some examples:

Imagine this but in old New York outdoor sets and vintage cars. I think that would be a very glamorous image.
    That would be two stages: A small stage at the end of the drive in and another one in the front with a big screen.

If the idea of a drive is to over the top and
    impractical they could do what America’s Got Talent is doing right now:

That would not be sit fillers, obviously.

RED CARPET
    Photographers are not allowed, only two from the event, that would share everything with the press.
    Only ABC reporters are allowed in the space. The red carpet interview would be short and very organized in other to respect social distancing.

PERFORMANCES
    I would love to see performances from all the nominated original songs.
    They would be pre-recorded but I think it would give dinamic to the show. They would be recorded in the studios on the previous days.

IN MEMORIAM
    I would like to see a pre-recorded moment with the Glee Cast. I think it would be a beautiful thing to see. Imagine “I’ll Stand By You” from The Pretenders or “Songbird” by Fleetwood Mac.
    Naya’s death was very prominent and touched so many hearts that I think it would be a beautiful moment for her (as an homage) but also to the other stars that passed.
    Imagine Amber Riley, Darren Criss, Heath Morris, Kevin McHale, Dianna Agron, Jenna Ushkowitz, Chord Overstreet and Melissa Benoist.
    Lea Michele? Maybe? Don’t know.

THE SHOW
    PART 1
    Jimmy’s Monologue
    Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series – Jennifer Aniston and Rachel Brosnahan
    – ad break –

PART 2
    Zendaya & Labrinth – “All For Us” (Jimmy introduces it)
    Outstanding Writing for a Comedy Series – Hugh Jackman and Octavia Spencer
    Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series – Hugh Jackman and Octavia Spencer
    – ad break –

PART 3
    Outstanding Lead Actor in a Comedy Series – Billy Porter and Tituss Burgess
    Outstanding Lead Actress in a Comedy Series – Cate Blanchett and Mark Ruffalo
    John Oliver – “Eat Sh*t Bob!” (Jimmy introduces it)
    – ad break –

PART 4
    Outstanding Directing for a Comedy Series – Nicholas Braun and Shira Haas
    Blake Stadnik – Memorized (Jimmy introduces it)
    Outstanding Competition Program – Anthony Anderson and Tracee Ellis Ross
    Outstanding Variety Talk Series – Anthony Anderson and Tracee Ellis Ross
    – ad break –

PART 5
    Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Limited Series or Movie – Jeffrey Wright and Thandie Newton
    Ingrid Michaelson – “Build It Up” (Jimmy introduces it)
    In Memoriam
    – ad break –

PART 6
    Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Limited Series or Movie – Kate McKinnon and Cecily Strong
    Darius de Haas – “One Less Angel” (Jimmy introduces it)
    Outstanding Writing for a Limited Series, Movie, or Dramatic Special – Mahershala Ali and Sterling K.Brown
    Outstanding Directing for a Limited Series, Movie, or Dramatic Special – – Mahershala Ali and Sterling K.Brown
    – ad break –

PART 7
    Pharrell Williams – “Letter To My Godfather” (Jimmy introduces it)
    Outstanding Lead Actress in a Limited Series or Movie – Zendaya and Yahya Abdul-Mateen II
    Outstanding Lead Actor in a Limited Series or Movie – Jim Parsons and Uzo Aduba
    – ad break –

PART 8
    Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series – Laura Dern and Laura Linney
    Outstanding Writing for a Drama Series – Kerry Washington and Billy Crudup
    Trent Reznor & Atticus Ross – “The Way It Used To Be” (Jimmy introduces it)
    – ad break –

PART 9
    Outstanding Original Music And Lyrics – Dan Levy and Annie Murphy
    Outstanding Directing for a Drama Series – Dan Levy and Annie Murphy
    Jimmy skit with the celebs
    Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series – Ramy Youssef and Issa Rae
    – ad break –

PART 10
    Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series – Regina King and Steve Carell
    Outstanding Limited Series – Christina Applegate and Linda Cardellini
    – ad break –

PART 11
    Outstanding Comedy Series – Sandra Oh and Jodie Comer
    – ad break –

PART 12
    Outstanding Drama Series – Jeremy Pope and Don Cheadle
    – ad break –

FYC Emmys 2020:
    Sienna Miller - The Loudest Voice
    Anne Hathaway - Modern Love
    Zoë Kravitz - High Fidelity

Profile picture
    Kay
    Topics:

Damn… you clearly thought this through we-

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

Lets start a topic to discuss the ceremony and our wishes. I think this topic does not exist, correct me if im wrong. So my ideas are: NOT THAT VIRTUAL I think they should not do the show entirely virtual, following the example of the BAFTAS but taking up a notch. They could follow the idea of the new season of “Americas Got Talent” and do a more private thing on a outdoor environment in the Warner Bros. Studios or Universal Studios for instance. Using outdoor sets from Old Hollywood for example. Only stars who were nominated would be allow. They would present to. The statue would always be on a pedestal previously desinfected. 2 “hosts” at time that have to follow social distancing. NOT EVERYONE WILL BE PRESENT Only 40 guests will be allow at the venue. They all have to be nominees. Some people can come to the show because they are stuck in their own country. For instance most of the writers, producers and diretors would have to go live from home. It seems It is just a matter of streamlining the event, the stars of the series are more necessary because they also present. WAYS FOR THE GUESTS WATCH THE SHOW I thinks that’s a way to turn this bad vibe around the pandemic around and make this show something to remember. I’m portuguese and in a show from my country the host made a drive in for singers to perform and the audience were celebrities. It was very low cost compared to at Hollywood can do, but I think it can be a good idea that respect the social distances. Some examples: Imagine this but in old New York outdoor sets and vintage cars. I think that would be a very glamorous image. That would be two stages: A small stage at the end of the drive in and another one in the front with a big screen. If the idea of a drive is to over the top and impractical they could do what America’s Got Talent is doing right now: That would not be sit fillers, obviously. RED CARPET Photographers are not allowed, only two from the event, that would share everything with the press. Only ABC reporters are allowed in the space. The red carpet interview would be short and very organized in other to respect social distancing. PERFORMANCES I would love to see performances from all the nominated original songs. They would be pre-recorded but I think it would give dinamic to the show. They would be recorded in the studios on the previous days. IN MEMORIAM I would like to see a pre-recorded moment with the Glee Cast. I think it would be a beautiful thing to see. Imagine “I’ll Stand By You” from The Pretenders or “Songbird” by Fleetwood Mac. Naya’s death was very prominent and touched so many hearts that I think it would be a beautiful moment for her (as an homage) but also to the other stars that passed. Imagine Amber Riley, Darren Criss, Heath Morris, Kevin McHale, Dianna Agron, Jenna Ushkowitz, Chord Overstreet and Melissa Benoist. Lea Michele? Maybe? Don’t know. THE SHOW PART 1 Jimmy’s Monologue Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series – Jennifer Aniston and Rachel Brosnahan – ad break – PART 2 Zendaya & Labrinth – “All For Us” (Jimmy introduces it) Outstanding Writing for a Comedy Series – Hugh Jackman and Octavia Spencer Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series – Hugh Jackman and Octavia Spencer – ad break – PART 3 Outstanding Lead Actor in a Comedy Series – Billy Porter and Tituss Burgess Outstanding Lead Actress in a Comedy Series – Cate Blanchett and Mark Ruffalo John Oliver – “Eat Sh*t Bob!” (Jimmy introduces it) – ad break – PART 4 Outstanding Directing for a Comedy Series – Nicholas Braun and Shira Haas Blake Stadnik – Memorized (Jimmy introduces it) Outstanding Competition Program – Anthony Anderson and Tracee Ellis Ross Outstanding Variety Talk Series – Anthony Anderson and Tracee Ellis Ross – ad break – PART 5 Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Limited Series or Movie – Jeffrey Wright and Thandie Newton Ingrid Michaelson – “Build It Up” (Jimmy introduces it) In Memoriam – ad break – PART 6 Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Limited Series or Movie – Kate McKinnon and Cecily Strong Darius de Haas – “One Less Angel” (Jimmy introduces it) Outstanding Writing for a Limited Series, Movie, or Dramatic Special – Mahershala Ali and Sterling K.Brown Outstanding Directing for a Limited Series, Movie, or Dramatic Special – – Mahershala Ali and Sterling K.Brown – ad break – PART 7 Pharrell Williams – “Letter To My Godfather” (Jimmy introduces it) Outstanding Lead Actress in a Limited Series or Movie – Zendaya and Yahya Abdul-Mateen II Outstanding Lead Actor in a Limited Series or Movie – Jim Parsons and Uzo Aduba – ad break – PART 8 Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series – Laura Dern and Laura Linney Outstanding Writing for a Drama Series – Kerry Washington and Billy Crudup Trent Reznor & Atticus Ross – “The Way It Used To Be” (Jimmy introduces it) – ad break – PART 9 Outstanding Original Music And Lyrics – Dan Levy and Annie Murphy Outstanding Directing for a Drama Series – Dan Levy and Annie Murphy Jimmy skit with the celebs Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series – Ramy Youssef and Issa Rae – ad break – PART 10 Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series – Regina King and Steve Carell Outstanding Limited Series – Christina Applegate and Linda Cardellini – ad break – PART 11 Outstanding Comedy Series – Sandra Oh and Jodie Comer – ad break – PART 12 Outstanding Drama Series – Jeremy Pope and Don Cheadle – ad break –

I’m just laughing at the fact that you just gave Cristina Ferreira as an example for an award show. Homegirl is going international. But seriously…damn. You really should be hired to plan future award shows.

FYC Emmys: Helena Bonham Carter (Drama Supporting Actress), Olivia Colman (Drama Actress), Jodie Comer and Sandra Oh (Drama Actress), Fiona Shaw (Drama Supporting Actress), Zendaya (Drama Actress), Alexis Bledel (Drama Guest Actress)

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Gabriel Seehorn (gabspss)
    Topics:

Loved it.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.