Home Forums Television Emmys 2020 Comedy Categories: Reactions to Winners and Losers

Emmys 2020 Comedy Categories: Reactions to Winners and Losers

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 483 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
The Person Fo..
Stranger_Amon..
  • Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    angel88401
    Topics:

I just realised not even Watchmen or Succession could sweep like this. Watchmen got 4/7, Sucession 4/6, and SC did 7/7. Insaneeee

God, who knew Watchmen would seriously do the “worst” of the 3 on the night. (I mean, it still won deservedly of course but I did not see losses like in Directing coming at ALL). Schitt’s Creek really capitalized on the right timing with the final season boost, perfect wholesome quarantine viewing, and easier(?) competition than the limited/drama categories. It had the perfect # of nominations to sweep and not vote split with itself, so all the stars aligned!

Profile picture
    Couverture
    Topics:

Maisel really went from 4 acting wins to zero huh?

Profile picture
    Tyler
    Topics:

Btw, “Alexis” is trending.

Profile picture
    Kim Cardassian
    Topics:

As a big fan of SCTV growing up in Canada I’m extra proud!

Profile picture
    genericsitcom
    Topics:

I love Schitt’s Creek, but winning directing was a bit of a stretch. And honestly I thought Eugene’s performance was fine, but not necessarily Emmy winning. I’m thrilled for Annie Murphy, though! So glad she won!

Profile picture
    diego
    Topics:

It’s time for a Best SNL performance category because I’m tired of them filling spots actual comedies could have used.

Profile picture
    jjjmoss1
    Topics:

It’s time for a Best SNL performance category because I’m tired of them filling spots actual comedies could have used.

2021 Supporting Actress in a Comedy: Maya Rudolph, Saturday Night Live

2021 Supporting Actor in a Comedy: Jim Carrey, Saturday Night Live

Profile picture
    Chris Beachum
    Topics:

I’ve been saying for years that there should be not one but two variety categories at the Creative Arts.

VARIETY CONTINUING PERFORMER (No Gender):
    Sketch show performers, late night hosts, anybody ongoing from a series

VARIETY INDIVIDUAL PERFORMER (No Gender):
    SNL guest stars, other variety guest stars, awards hosts, comedians with specials, any other special one-time only performer

They already have 100 categories. What would it hurt to have two more and get these types of performers away from comedy?

Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

A little disappointed Insecure didn’t get anything big. If production keeps moving as fast as it seems to be, they might make 2021 and be able to capitalize on the barren field. I can totally see it collecting for Issa and maybe directing too.

Profile picture
    RobertPius
    Topics:

Just a note for when the ratings come out: Dish TV didn’t broadcast the awards. They are in a dispute with ABC. I had to watch on ABC.com.

That could lower the numbers a bit. (not sure how popular Dish TV is)

Profile picture
    jjjmoss1
    Topics:

A little disappointed Insecure didn’t get anything big. If production keeps moving as fast as it seems to be, they might make 2021 and be able to capitalize on the barren field. I can totally see it collecting for Issa and maybe directing too.

It’s a bigger Emmmy winner than Good Place, Parks & Rec, and Kimmy Schmidt combined. So there’s that.

Profile picture
    Atypical
    Topics:

This is what our unfortunate Emmy losers had to deal with tonight. Terrible lol. Next year, guys!!!

Emmy

Profile picture
    Ghost
    Topics:

I’ve been saying for years that there should be not one but two variety categories at the Creative Arts.

VARIETY CONTINUING PERFORMER (No Gender):
    Sketch show performers, late night hosts, anybody ongoing from a series

VARIETY INDIVIDUAL PERFORMER (No Gender):
    SNL guest stars, other variety guest stars, awards hosts, comedians with specials, any other special one-time only performer

They already have 100 categories. What would it hurt to have two more and get these types of performers away from comedy?

They could combine a few categories anyway. So, it would all balance out.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 483 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2020 Comedy Categories: Reactions to Winners and Losers’ is closed to new replies.