Home Forums Television Emmys 2020 Comedy Categories: Reactions to Winners and Losers

Emmys 2020 Comedy Categories: Reactions to Winners and Losers

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 483 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
The Person Fo..
Stranger_Amon..
  • Profile picture
    Adele
    Topics:

Schitt’s Creek, Catherine O’Hara, Eugene Levy, Dan Levy, Annie Murphy + winning =

Profile picture
    Rachel
    Topics:

It’s funny that in his speech, not even Dan Levy thought he deserved the writing award.

Profile picture
    Cordelia
    Topics:

I would probably be a lot more outraged about this if The Good Place had a final season that I liked in any way narratively. As is, it’s a little ridiculous and Schitt’s Creek is a show I have watched but never connected with or loved. Maybe I have to be in North America to vibe with it, IDK.

But eh, the one I was rooting for was What We Do In The Shadows, and that show’s Emmy run is only beginning.

For Your Consideration:

Best Picture: Wolfwalkers

Best Animated Feature: Wolfwalkers

Profile picture
    AayaanUpadhyaya
    Topics:

Murphy is also not a capable actress

Profile picture
    Adele
    Topics:

Honey, the following were robbed:

Anthony Anderson
    Insecure
    Yvonne Orji
    Issa Rae
    Tracee Ellis Ross
    Keenan Thompson

Profile picture
    Zooey the Dreamer
    Topics:

No vote splitting and both series and casting nods. Why was it soo hard to fathom? None of the other nominees checked all these boxes.

It’s hard to fathom not because of stats but because of quality. Visually it’s mediocre at best. And yes, directing is so much more than the visual, but this episode – while solid in terms of writing – is not even close to an episode that stands out based on its directing.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    smurty11
    Topics:

Maisel really went from 4 acting wins to zero huh?

We love to see it

Profile picture
    reputationsgrammy
    Topics:

Schitt’s Creek, Catherine O’Hara, Eugene Levy, Dan Levy, Annie Murphy + winning =

Literally every single person ignoring every one of your posts is so funny. Like I’m laughing because all you’re spewing is hateful nonsense (as usual) but it’s also kind of sad. If you need someone to talk to, my inbox is open <3.

proud delusional swiftie

Profile picture
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Topics:

BTW, this is my last day at GoldDerby.

You just joined today and have only made one post, lol.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    Human Bartender
    Topics:

Schitt’s Creek is an excellent show and I’m glad it did well, but winning every single category was definitely too much.

Let’s Go Bucks

Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Schitt’s Creek is an excellent show and I’m glad it did well, but winning every single category definitely felt like it was a too much.

Yeah me too. The writing win will go down in Emmy history as one of the best for a Comedy but that directing win will go down as one of the worst.

Sure directing isn’t just about visuals but the directing on both the pilot of The Great and It’s Comedy or Cabbage was for a film it would be Oscar worthy.

Love that Schitt’s won but the irony that they were like “we MUST award this show it’s its last chance!” and then there were like nah with The Good Place and Will and Grace.

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", GLENN CLOSE FOR "HILLBILLY ELEGY", ANTHONY HOPKINS FOR "THE FATHER", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    Nate
    Topics:

Nothing much to say here. I don’t think that Schitt’s Creek deserved a total sweep, as I really admired the third season of TMMM, but also shows like The Good Place and The Kominsky Method. However, it was nice to see that wedding like celebratory atmosphere in that Canadian tent.

Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 483 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2020 Comedy Categories: Reactions to Winners and Losers’ is closed to new replies.