Home Forums Television Emmys 2020 Comedy Categories: Reactions to Winners and Losers

Emmys 2020 Comedy Categories: Reactions to Winners and Losers

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 483 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
The Person Fo..
Stranger_Amon..
  • Profile picture
    jjjmoss1
    Topics:

2017 easily the best slate of comedy wins in the last 10 years, with Glover, Baldwin, McKinnon, Glover, and Ansari/Waithe. And the veep repeats were fine.

Profile picture
    AayaanUpadhyaya
    Topics:

I know that there are a lot of Schitt’s Creek fans on here, but it’s kinda embarrassing that it won for writing when they showed those clips. What We Do In The Shadows was so clearly superior when it came to writing. Even Dan admitted that he was inexperienced. Anyways, I hope WWITS gets the WGA.

The writing win was absolutely 100% deserved. You make it seem like Dan felt undeserving of his win, when his speech did not indicate that in any way lol.

Him admitting he was inexperienced actually makes his writing accomplishment on the show even more immpresive.

Profile picture
    Human Bartender
    Topics:

2017 easily the best slate of comedy wins in the last 10 years, with Glover, Baldwin, McKinnon, Glover, and Ansari/Waithe. And the veep repeats were fine.

I’d say the McKinnon and Baldwin wins have aged pretty badly. Hell, plenty thought they were bad right away.

Also, I don’t disagree with Glover‘s performance winning given the competition, but with the exception of the next year’s Teddy Perkins, I don’t find his performance to be anything incredible. If Brian Tyree Henry was campaigned as lead, I’d have picked him instead.

Let’s Go Bucks

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

The directing win was atrocious. Ramy Youssef even laughed when they won that. But no, WWDITS deserved writing.

To me that laugh was more like: “Lol, I have no chance anyway, so what’s even the point?”

Oscar FYC -- Give Viola Davis her second Oscar!

Profile picture
    AayaanUpadhyaya
    Topics:

To me that laugh was more like: “Lol, I have no chance anyway, so what’s even the point?”

He also laughed after Eugene won. It’s probably just him laughing about the whole process.

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Exactly. I probably would have laughed as well. You’re sitting in front of a camera, at home. And, on top of everything else, you have someone standing there with an Emmy statuette. I mean, lol. 2020.

Oscar FYC -- Give Viola Davis her second Oscar!

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Yeah I think a lot of us are putting too much into the reactions of the other nominees. Sure some of them did look a bit disappointed (i.e. D’Arcy Carden, Tony Shalhoub) but Ramy Youssef’s laugh and Alex Borstein jokingly saying “what” should not be taken too seriously. I mean have you see Youssef and Borstein’s awards speeches?

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", GLENN CLOSE FOR "HILLBILLY ELEGY", ANTHONY HOPKINS FOR "THE FATHER", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    jjjmoss1
    Topics:

I’d say the McKinnon and Baldwin wins have aged pretty badly. Hell, plenty thought they were bad right away. Also, I don’t disagree with Glover‘s performance winning given the competition, but with the exception of the next year’s Teddy Perkins, I don’t find his performance to be anything incredible. If Brian Tyree Henry was campaigned as lead, I’d have picked him instead.

ok

Profile picture
    The Person Formerly Known As Linguini
    Topics:

I don’t mind that SC won everything, but it definitely is true that outside of the Actresses and maybe Series, there were superior nominees in every category.

rubbish

Profile picture
    Gabriel Seehorn (gabspss)
    Topics:

Dan Levy, Annie Murphy and the writing were the best too. In my opinion.

I don’t mind the directing win. The episode they submitted was the best directing achievement of the whole series.

Profile picture
    Hoster1
    Topics:

Annie Murphy was best in her category, but her (and Dan Levy) are egregious category frauds. I can overlook it in Murphy’s case, but Dan Levy winning a fraudulent Supporting Emmy along with completely undeserved Directing trophy is just an overkill.

Profile picture
    Human Bartender
    Topics:

Dan Levy, Annie Murphy and the writing were the best too. In my opinion. I don’t mind the directing win. The episode they submitted was the best directing achievement of the whole series.

And the best direction achievement of the series has worse directing than every single episode of Maisel.

Let’s Go Bucks

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

It’s hard to tell the chances of the shows in the acting categories next year because every show apart from SNL (where no Schitt’s guests were nominated) got shut out in acting.

Maybe we see a SNL sweep (*shudder*).

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", GLENN CLOSE FOR "HILLBILLY ELEGY", ANTHONY HOPKINS FOR "THE FATHER", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

And the best direction achievement of the series has worse directing than every single episode of Maisel.

And every episode of Will and Grace, Modern Family and The Great.

Honestly like I said it’s done and dusted and there’s nothing one can do about it but the irony of some people on here complaining that they stopped liking Maisel because it won 8 Emmys in 2018 but then saying Schitt’s Creek deserved to do an Angels in America sweep.

Profile picture
    Gabriel Seehorn (gabspss)
    Topics:

And every episode of Will and Grace, Modern Family and The Great.

That’s an exaggaration. A big one.

Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 483 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2020 Comedy Categories: Reactions to Winners and Losers’ is closed to new replies.