Home Forums Television Emmys 2020 Comedy Nominations (Part 2)

Emmys 2020 Comedy Nominations (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 480 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 week ago
( +9 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
fefface
AayaanUpadhyaya
  • Profile picture
    Chris Beachum
    Topics:

Keep it going in Part 2.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Current Predictions

SERIES

RU : Schitt’s Creek

ACTRESS

RU : Catherine O’Hara

ACTOR

RU : Eugene Levy

S ACTRESS

S. ACTOR

WRITING

RU : The Good Place

DIRECTING

RU : Ramy

CASTING

RU : Schitt’s Creek

GUEST ACTOR

RU : Luke Kirby

GUEST ACTRESS

RU : Wanda Sykes

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", GLENN CLOSE FOR "HILLBILLY ELEGY", ANTHONY HOPKINS FOR "THE FATHER", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

So I only found out Amazon was going to be hosting another Maisel day in L.A. yesterday but its worth pointing out that TimeOut literally posted the link on Wednesday and tickets are already sold out for each of the episodes.

Obviously we don’t know how many of those people who have bought tickets are L.A. based TV Academy members but it’s worth pointing out that the first screening is just before voting starts and the screenings go midway into the voting week.

https://streetfoodcinema.com/schedule/los-angeles/maiseldrivein/

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", GLENN CLOSE FOR "HILLBILLY ELEGY", ANTHONY HOPKINS FOR "THE FATHER", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Craft Predictions –

Period Costumes : The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel
    Contemporary Hairstyling : Schitt’s Creek
    Period/Character Hairstyling : The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel
    Comedy Editing : Insecure

Profile picture
    Ghost
    Topics:

I do think Ramy and Issa are taking Actor and Actress, respectively.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Interesting to see Libby Hill predict Schitt’s to win Series, Actor, Writing and Directing, Ramy to win S. Actor and Maisel to win Actress and S. Actress. I assume she’s predicting based on the campaigning because those she is predicting are the ones campaigning the most in the comedy categories.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I just had a look back to see the last time a show won three out of four of the above the line Comedy acting awards and it was Everybody Loves Raymond in 2002. That’s a feat that no acting branch darlings since then like MaiselVeepBarryWill and GraceTransparent or 30 Rock has ever achieved and some of those had more actor support.

I can see a scenario Schitt’s Creek win two acting awards but I highly doubt it wins three with this much competition.

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

Issa Rae is not winning this year after being dropped the previous one. Yvonne Orji is also not ahead of Annie Murphy.

Profile picture
    fefface
    Topics:

Issa Rae is not winning this year after being dropped the previous one. Yvonne Orji is also not ahead of Annie Murphy.

I have Murphy as the second most likely Schitt’s acting win after O’Hara and am predicting her. Dan Levy will get his Emmy for Writing and I just don’t see Eugene Levy taking it.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

What an idiotic comment. I guess you’re assuming Annie Murphy and Dan Levy are both losing because they didn’t make it in last year?

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

Then I guess you’re assuming Annie Murphy and Dan Levy are both losing because they didn’t make it in last year?

No because both are in the Series frontrunner that got discovered and was watched by way more people this year compared to the previous one. It’s also the final season of the show. Yvonne Orji can win another year but she is absolutely not ahead of either Borstein or Murphy this time. The later is also playing the second most popular character of the show after O’Hara ‘s (A Little Bit Alexis was viral on tik tok during quarantine).

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

As for Issa Rae, literally no reasons why she would win over Catherine O’Hara who got in over her last year when she got dropped, is in the series frontrunner, and got a SAG nomination which Rae never received.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I have Murphy as the second most likely Schitt’s acting win after O’Hara and am predicting her. Dan Levy will get his Emmy for Writing and I just don’t see Eugene Levy taking it.

So you’re predicting Murphy and O’Hara as the two from Schitt’s Creek to win? That’s interesting because I actually think the most likely pair might be E. Levy and O’Hara. As we’ve see with Killing Eve and Succession‘s performances this year and The Crown‘s under-performance campaigning still matters a lot and whilst Annie Murphy has been doing a lot of campaigning I don’t think it’s been as high profile as Eugene Levy who went viral just a few days ago after his lifetime achievement award acceptance speech.

I really hope Murphy wins. I love Borstein and I don’t mind if she wins but Annie is the MVP of the show. If not this year then I hope Annie wins next year for her new show.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

No because both are in the Series frontrunner that got discovered and was watched by way more people this year compared to the previous one. It’s also the final season of the show. Yvonne Orji can win another year but she is absolutely not ahead of either Borstein or Murphy this time. The later is also playing the second most popular character of the show after O’Hara ‘s (A Little Bit Alexis was viral on tik tok during quarantine).

I didn’t know Emmy voters decided to vote based on what goes viral on TikTok LMFAO.

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

It was just an example of the character’s popularity but I see you are only reading what fits your narratives once again. Good luck booking those insecure acting wins that you speak of.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 480 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2020 Comedy Nominations (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.